Author Topic: Bogut Has Strong Interest in Joining C's (Update: Chooses Cavs)  (Read 31438 times)

Re: Bogut to talk to C's and other teams before deciding
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2017, 10:14:58 AM »

Offline RIPRED

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 63
Source said reports Bogut has all but decided on Cavs are inaccurate. Bogut's hoping to speak with Cs players Tues: https://t.co/oN9SsTZlO7

https://twitter.com/AdamHimmelsbach/status/836381655849910276

I hope that's correct, although the cynic in me says that that's exactly what Bogut should say, to increase his leverage.

Mike

What leverage? The Cavs don't have room to make him a large offer - I believe all they can give him is the vet minimum. And he's not going to take minutes from Thompson or Love so he's not really in a position to jockey for leverage. I believe he is trying to figure which team will provide him with the best opportunity to play significant minutes and possibly make a little bit more money in real free agency this offseason.

Re: Bogut has strong interest in joining c's
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2017, 10:20:12 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
LeBron will throw all his charm at him

« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2017, 10:56:58 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
to me this is how i think Bogut is weighing his options

Cavs -

pros - much better chance of getting a shot at a ring
cons - not much playing time, might not start (Love and Thompson)

Bos

pros - more playing time, probably can start. If he does well and stay relatively healthy, might get him more money elsewhere
cons - will not get a ring

I sort of see it like that.

I think Bogut just wants to be in an environment where he has fun, plays more than fifteen minutes a game, has a significant, or at least a consistent role in the team. And can just play his game how he sees fit, which I believe Stevens will do his best to utilize him.

The thing is Bogut isn't just a great passer, he's an excellent one.

Last year, Curry was averaging 50.9% percent, and Klay was averaging 56.7% on catch and shoot/bounce passes on the pick and roll.

He can also set hard screens, and at the top of the arc can set up easy buckets for cutters. Bogut has always been the premier big men that defied most critics of the small ball area. Even Kerr admitted that Bogut was deeply essential to their offense, system, and defensive anchoring.

Bogut should be picked up by this team, especially since I think in 20-25 MPG, he can average like 5-7 PPG, with at least 8-9 RPG and 2-3 APG.

Pairing him next to Horford, gives us two capable big men of blocking or altering shots that can pass in our offense.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2017, 11:16:01 AM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1227
http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/celtics/2017/02/27/celtics-contention-for-andrew-bogut/puKYoEz0Ug1uriNiqK9dcL/story.html#comments

So Bogut had a good talk with Danny and is scheduled to talk with Brad next. Looks like there is genuine interest on both sides. The article mentioned that Bogut is also set to talk with Ty Lue though. I hope we get him.

« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2017, 11:26:30 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
I see Danny offering a wink wink deal. He helps us this year for the vet min . See's how he work with the team in Brad's offense, and can easily win a starting spot by the playoffs.

Then next year if we miss out on a free agent, we can offer Bogut an Amir type contract with a 2nd year team option, so we could have cap room in 2018.

Also if we trade for a PG13 or Butler we are likely sending out AB or Jae, meaning we will still have cap room to re-sign Bogut next year, while still adding an all-star wing.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 11:31:35 AM by rondohondo »

« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2017, 11:38:23 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
So when exactly will we know something? I thought these guys had to be signed by March 1 to be eligible for postseason. Now I am reading Bogut is not even clearing Waivers until Wednesday, March 1. So where are these dates and cutoffs for signing guys? It's like a big secret that only the insiders know. It would be good if we knew what date and time is the deadline to see if we get anybody.

« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2017, 11:53:20 AM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55
So when exactly will we know something? I thought these guys had to be signed by March 1 to be eligible for postseason. Now I am reading Bogut is not even clearing Waivers until Wednesday, March 1. So where are these dates and cutoffs for signing guys? It's like a big secret that only the insiders know. It would be good if we knew what date and time is the deadline to see if we get anybody.

he can sign immediately... word is that he will make a decision tonight, C's in top 3

« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2017, 11:53:28 AM »

Offline Trifecta

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • #18 at any cost.

I believe players have to be waived by 1 March to be eligible for the playoffs. Don't quote me on that, though.
KO and Zeller, aka Hopeless and Helpless aka the Twin Towers of Futility.

« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2017, 11:53:51 AM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
i found this... idk how legit it is:

"After many reports suggesting Andrew Bogut would sign with the Cavaliers, the Celtics have emerged as the favorites to acquire the center."

http://hardwoodhoudini.com/2017/02/28/andrew-bogut-interested-boston-celtics/

« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2017, 11:58:58 AM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
If he values playing time the Celtics are the only option imo.  He'd get next to no minutes on the Cavs or Spurs.

Great words from a great man

« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2017, 11:59:15 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
i found this... idk how legit it is:

"After many reports suggesting Andrew Bogut would sign with the Cavaliers, the Celtics have emerged as the favorites to acquire the center."

http://hardwoodhoudini.com/2017/02/28/andrew-bogut-interested-boston-celtics/

Not really a reputable site, but considering how many 'fake,' or unreliable sites have been sprouting the same information, leads me to believe there is more fire than smoke at this point.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2017, 12:05:10 PM »

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
This whole Bogut decision needs some WWE style marketing and promotion.

Get Bogut front row seats for the Cavs/Celtics game on Wednesday.  Winner gets Bogut. 

If the C's win, great, Bogut and the C's will just meet up with the Cavs at the main event of SummerSlam.

But if the Cavs win, Bogut wil appear to go out to congratulate the Cavs and join forces with them.  He'll shake hands with LeBron, but then kick him in the stomach and deliver a stunner as the Garden erupts!

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2017, 12:09:01 PM »

Offline Trifecta

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • #18 at any cost.
This whole Bogut decision needs some WWE style marketing and promotion.

Get Bogut front row seats for the Cavs/Celtics game on Wednesday.  Winner gets Bogut. 

If the C's win, great, Bogut and the C's will just meet up with the Cavs at the main event of SummerSlam.

But if the Cavs win, Bogut wil appear to go out to congratulate the Cavs and join forces with them.  He'll shake hands with LeBron, but then kick him in the stomach and deliver a stunner as the Garden erupts!

Hahaha! TP
KO and Zeller, aka Hopeless and Helpless aka the Twin Towers of Futility.

« Reply #58 on: February 28, 2017, 12:15:01 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
If he values playing time the Celtics are the only option imo.  He'd get next to no minutes on the Cavs or Spurs.

Pretty much. We need him, the other two teams don't, they just don't want any opponents to have him.

« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2017, 12:49:05 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
It would be big if Bogut chooses The Celtics for basketball reasons but also for destination reasons. Look at the other teams he's considering:Cavs, Rockets, Spurs, Celtics...