Author Topic: Bogut Has Strong Interest in Joining C's (Update: Chooses Cavs)  (Read 31526 times)

Re: Bogut has strong interest in joining c's
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2017, 11:20:34 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 537
If Bogut signs who is cut?
Does it matter?  It won't be like you're giving away a future star.  But I would cut Mickey.

« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2017, 11:20:34 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
If Bogut signs who is cut?

It has to be Jordan Mickey. Anything you want from Mickey to provide, Bogut will give. He's also technically an expiring (team option), which makes it easier to cut him.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2017, 11:52:28 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
https://twitter.com/AdamHimmelsbach/status/836433449363910657?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Update: League source says Bogut & Ainge had "good talk" tonight. Bogut to talk to Tyronn Lue, Brad Stevens soon:

On the bright side, Ainge can legitimately point to tonight's game as one reason why Bogut would be so beneficial and helpful here, with both our big man defense and our huge rebounding disparity. He'd certainly help with the Drummonds, Lopezs, Gortats, and Valanciunas of the world, who we will more than likely be facing at least two of.

« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2017, 01:15:01 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Big issue is he wants to start. Will BS change up the system to make that happen?

« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2017, 01:32:48 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
Big issue is he wants to start. Will BS change up the system to make that happen?

Where did you see that at? I'm not sure that he can really expect that with any of the teams.

That being said, Horford already functions as our PF with Amir as our C, so it wouldn't be that much of a change. It's certainly not ideal, but it'd really help our first unit's rebounding.

« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2017, 01:35:54 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
If Bogut is actually healthy enough to play 20 minutes per night, as the starter, I'd bring him on in a second.

Bogut would be a good fit, as I think Stevens could make good use of Bogut's passing from the high post, and he won't complain about playing time. Let him take Amir's role and give Zeller's role to Amir.

This team desperately needs some beef up front.

« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2017, 01:49:11 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996

By all means...start him at C, and slide Horford to his favorite PF spot.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2017, 02:46:16 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
https://twitter.com/AmicoHoops/status/836480446674382848?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

#Rockets a "long shot" to sign Andrew Bogut, per Houston Chronicle. Reportedly in mix: #Cavs, #Spurs, #Celtics. Expected to decide Tuesday.

Sounds like it's down to us, the Cavs, and the Spurs!

We certainly offer him the most playing time and have the most need for him. The Spurs already play Aldridge, Gasol, Dedmon, and Lee big minutes every game, let alone when they go smaller. The Cavs also have Thompson, Love, Fry, and Williams that they play a lot, and they go small much more often than the Spurs, taking even more minutes away from him.

Combined with the "good talk" he supposedly had with Danny today, I'm starting to think we might actually land him, which would be pretty significant given our weaknesses.

« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2017, 04:10:19 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
https://twitter.com/AmicoHoops/status/836480446674382848?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

#Rockets a "long shot" to sign Andrew Bogut, per Houston Chronicle. Reportedly in mix: #Cavs, #Spurs, #Celtics. Expected to decide Tuesday.

Sounds like it's down to us, the Cavs, and the Spurs!

We certainly offer him the most playing time and have the most need for him. The Spurs already play Aldridge, Gasol, Dedmon, and Lee big minutes every game, let alone when they go smaller. The Cavs also have Thompson, Love, Fry, and Williams that they play a lot, and they go small much more often than the Spurs, taking even more minutes away from him.

Combined with the "good talk" he supposedly had with Danny today, I'm starting to think we might actually land him, which would be pretty significant given our weaknesses.
Hopefully he sees tonight's game as I could help them and not "those guys have no shot in the playoffs they look like a quick first round exit" guess we'll find out tomorrow 
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2017, 08:56:35 AM »

Offline Trifecta

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • #18 at any cost.
https://twitter.com/AdamHimmelsbach/status/836433449363910657?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Update: League source says Bogut & Ainge had "good talk" tonight. Bogut to talk to Tyronn Lue, Brad Stevens soon:

On the bright side, Ainge can legitimately point to tonight's game as one reason why Bogut would be so beneficial and helpful here, with both our big man defense and our huge rebounding disparity. He'd certainly help with the Drummonds, Lopezs, Gortats, and Valanciunas of the world, who we will more than likely be facing at least two of.

Is it bad that I feel like we're just being used as leverage? Lol, we've been burned by these rumors way too many times as of late..
KO and Zeller, aka Hopeless and Helpless aka the Twin Towers of Futility.

« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2017, 09:09:57 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Is it bad that I feel like we're just being used as leverage? Lol, we've been burned by these rumors way too many times as of late..

It's not leverage if he's going to the Cavs. They can't offer him more than the minimum salary, and they won't offer a chance to start.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2017, 09:17:11 AM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55

By all means...start him at C, and slide Horford to his favorite PF spot.

In theory this makes sense however Horford has struggled defensively against the more athletic 4's, so its up to Brad to shuffle up lineups ... regardless signing Bogut helps this team in the short term...

« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2017, 09:17:15 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
to me this is how i think Bogut is weighing his options

Cavs -

pros - much better chance of getting a shot at a ring
cons - not much playing time, might not start (Love and Thompson)

Bos

pros - more playing time, probably can start. If he does well and stay relatively healthy, might get him more money elsewhere
cons - will not get a ring

« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2017, 09:27:39 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
It'll be the Cavs, I predict.

« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2017, 09:37:14 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
He got a ring, so not sure getting another is the deciding factor for him. He seems like a pretty logical, no nonsense guy.  Has had some critical comments about the NBA.

Not that it mattered last night, but we have no one to defend guys like Dwight Howard right now.

Bogut could easily fit into our offense, he can play high post, is an excellent passer.