Author Topic: Ben Simmons has bone marrow instead into his foot to stimulate bone growth  (Read 1057 times)

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Don't worry just

"Trust The Process"

The Philadelphia 76ers announced on Monday that Ben Simmons underwent a procedure to "stimulate bone growth" and "accelerate healing" in his injured right foot.

According to Keith Pompey of the Philadelphia Inquirer, the procedure involved Simmons having bone marrow injected into his right foot. Simmons is recovering from a Jones fracture of the fifth metatarsal suffered in September.

Simmons will resume training by the end of the week, per the Sixers.

The procedure comes just a few days after a CT scan revealed Simmons' foot hadn't fully healed.

"He's heartbroken," Sixers general manager Bryan Colangelo said at the time, per Brian Seltzer of Sixers.com. "He wants to play, be out there. It's eating him alive, I'm sure."

Re: Ben Simmons has bone marrow instead into his foot to stimulate bone growth
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 05:44:40 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Bone marrow is one of the healthiest foods on the planet. Animals eat it first when they show up to the kill.

It's nutritional gold.

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 08:56:10 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419

Bone marrow is one of the healthiest foods on the planet. Animals eat it first when they show up to the kill.

It's nutritional gold.

Er thats true but i am very curious to the actual technique.  Is there an FDA approval and clinical trials for this? 

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 08:59:32 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Jones fractures are notoriously hard to recover from long term. That, plus this news that it hasn't healed yet and he needs bone marrow injection, is a terrible sign for Simmons long term prognosis.

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2017, 08:59:34 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

It's nutritional gold.

Er thats true but i am very curious to the actual technique.  Is there an FDA approval and clinical trials for this?

I mean the guy is a 200 million dollar plus asset. I don't it's a first time experiment.

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2017, 11:28:06 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 911
Between Embiid, Simmons, Lopez and all the other guys with foot injuries in basketball, what say we all chip in a few bucks and put a podiatrist on retainer?

Mike