Author Topic: Isola : Knicks may release Rose( could c's use him as AB insurance/6th man?)  (Read 1734 times)

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

Frank Isola‏ @FisolaNYDN

Lot of chatter around NBA that the Knicks might also release Derrick Rose. Would Phil really do that? Clearly, he's not afraid to be fired.
12:02 PM · Feb 27, 2017

He can still score, any interest for the rest of the year?

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
let me think about that; no. 

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
the cavs would take him in a jiffy
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
would the raptors go after him with lowry out

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
so, the knicks are officially waving a white flag now?

i would think some team on the playoff bubble would be likely to pick him up before the celtics have that chance. but you never know.

what happens to his salary?
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
 Don't think New Yuck would flat out release him...if they do I think minnesota would take him
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
so, the knicks are officially waving a white flag now?

i would think some team on the playoff bubble would be likely to pick him up before the celtics have that chance. but you never know.

what happens to his salary?

I mean the knicks are sort of on the playoff bubble themselves. It is unlikely, but would seem crazy to waive him.

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
We're not the favs for any of these guys we all know they'll go to Cavs/Warriors if anything
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
We're not the favs for any of these guys we all know they'll go to Cavs/Warriors if anything
is it their choice? or does each nba team have the right to pick them up based upon the win loss record?
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
is it their choice? or does each nba team have the right to pick them up based upon the win loss record?

Only if that team can fit Rose's full salary under their cap or into a trade exception.

I think Cleveland prefers Deron, with good reason.

If I'm Rose, I'm seriously tempted to sit out the rest of the season. If he wants a shot at a ring, SAS makes sense. If playoffs don't matter, Thibs is still an obvious fan.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Could see him in Washington. They need more scoring off the bench if he would accept a 6th man role.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
There's a reason guys like Rose keep getting released;  they're not very good.  Whose minutes would you give him, Brown, Rozier, Smart?  Not me, I'd rather those guys get to play, they're all ready better than Rose and they keep getting better.

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
There's a reason guys like Rose keep getting released;  they're not very good.  Whose minutes would you give him, Brown, Rozier?  Not me, I'd rather those guys get to play, they all ready better than Rose and they keep getting better.

If Rose would accept the role he would be a huge upgrade for spot offense off the bench over Rozier, particularly in the playoffs against second units. I doubt he wants that role though,

Offline mahcussmaht

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 6
I don't want Rose taking minutes from Marcus.  No thanks.

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
The Nets better snatch him up, that's as close as they are going to get to landing a star player.