Author Topic: Embiid out indefinitely  (Read 4020 times)

Re: Embiid out indefinitely
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2017, 07:03:58 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
Lot's of over reaction for a minor knee injury. Meniscus tears are relatively common, Blake Griffin had one early on in his career, so did several very good players. I had one a few years back, not a big deal. The Sixers of course are glad to find an excuse to rest him and Simmons and tank the rest of the way though.

Embiid looked fantastic this season, especially for a guy who hadn't played in 2 years. A meniscus tear is common when you ramp up basketball activity after such a long period of no basketball.
If it's just a meniscus tear, holding him out is precautionary and tankjuice.  Meniscus tears are the canker sores of sports.  Half the people commenting in this thread probably have some tears in their meniscus they aren't aware of. 

If the MRI reveals something else, that's concerning.   I still think I'd give up the entire team for Embiid.  He's a lock for Naismith if he stays healthy.

Yea people don't usually get MRI's for canker sores. Also certainly shades of Greg Oden having knee pain before his kneecap exploded and ended his career. It was just a minor injury for a guy that couldn't stay healthy at one point there. Too much smoke to ignore at this point as just nothing.

Much respect for you as a poster man, but this is just flat out not true.

I am not sure what you are referencing, MRI's for canker sores? If people have sores not healing in their mouth there would be blood tests for autoimmune diseases or perhaps a bioopsy of the damaged tissue right? Or are you referencing something else?

Sarcasm fellas
lol!  :o ;D :D

« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2017, 07:04:44 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
They should have never traded Noel.

It looks like Embiid is always gonna be an injury waiting to happen. I would never put all of my eggs in his basket, not with his injury history.

They need to light a fire under Okafor and develop him while they have him on a rookie contract.

« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2017, 07:07:19 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Lot's of over reaction for a minor knee injury. Meniscus tears are relatively common, Blake Griffin had one early on in his career, so did several very good players. I had one a few years back, not a big deal. The Sixers of course are glad to find an excuse to rest him and Simmons and tank the rest of the way though.

Embiid looked fantastic this season, especially for a guy who hadn't played in 2 years. A meniscus tear is common when you ramp up basketball activity after such a long period of no basketball.
If it's just a meniscus tear, holding him out is precautionary and tankjuice.  Meniscus tears are the canker sores of sports.  Half the people commenting in this thread probably have some tears in their meniscus they aren't aware of. 

If the MRI reveals something else, that's concerning.   I still think I'd give up the entire team for Embiid.  He's a lock for Naismith if he stays healthy.

Yea people don't usually get MRI's for canker sores. Also certainly shades of Greg Oden having knee pain before his kneecap exploded and ended his career. It was just a minor injury for a guy that couldn't stay healthy at one point there. Too much smoke to ignore at this point as just nothing.

I am not sure what you are referencing, MRI's for canker sores? If people have sores not healing in their mouth there would be blood tests for autoimmune diseases or perhaps a bioopsy of the damaged tissue right? Or are you referencing something else?

Hah.  Just messing with you.  But, PubMed says there are some conditions where canker sores can be secondary to a larger neurological problem.   ;)
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2017, 07:07:53 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Good grief.  I just looked it up and 87-year-old Dirk Nowitski has not only played more games than Embiid this season, he's averaging more minutes.

Mike

« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2017, 07:08:27 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

Sarcasm fellas
lol!  :o ;D :D

Lol.  Clay, you usually have a sharp sarcasm meter.   
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2017, 07:10:37 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
We are lucky we didn't get Parker ....TWO ACL s

« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2017, 07:22:58 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

It looks like Embiid is always gonna be an injury waiting to happen. I would never put all of my eggs in his basket, not with his injury history.

They need to light a fire under Okafor and develop him while they have him on a rookie contract.

They traded Noel knowing fully well about Embiid's current injury, so that is all you need to know about the severity (or lack thereof) of his injury.

« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2017, 08:10:08 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

They traded Noel knowing fully well about Embiid's current injury, so that is all you need to know about the severity (or lack thereof) of his injury.

meh they had a forced timeline with the trade deadline, they also do have holmes who is better than okafor and of course okafor. Not sure they are all that related.

« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2017, 08:14:11 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
It was only a matter of time

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2017, 08:32:49 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

meh they had a forced timeline with the trade deadline, they also do have holmes who is better than okafor and of course okafor. Not sure they are all that related.

There was no forced anything. They had total control of retaining Noel. They could have kept him and re-signed him if they had any serious concerns about Embiid's health.

They also traded Ersan because they've seen enough of Saric to be convinced to go with him long term.

« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2017, 09:38:15 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

There was no forced anything. They had total control of retaining Noel. They could have kept him and re-signed him if they had any serious concerns about Embiid's health.

They also traded Ersan because they've seen enough of Saric to be convinced to go with him long term.

I agree on Saric. They could have felt they did not want to tie up massive money in Noel because they like Holmes or okafor more long term. We just don't have all the information.

« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2017, 09:47:37 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522
Should have been a T on IT there -- threw ball to (at) ref in anger.

Take him out. He doesn't deserve to continue the streak.

« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2017, 09:53:12 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Brown could honestly win ROY now at this rate

« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2017, 09:57:18 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Brown could honestly win ROY now at this rate
I doubt that highly.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.