Author Topic: Jaylen/Josh Jackson Combo makes us contenders in 3 years  (Read 6705 times)

Re: Jaylen/Josh Jackson Combo makes us contenders in 3 years
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2017, 07:05:19 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 872
  • GOT IT!!!
Who's going to be able to shoot threes and spread the floor with Smart, Jackson, and Brown?

Doesn't matter uhh athleticism. Pretty much already already penciled in Josh Jackson as the pick. He's the classic Ainge guy. Need some guys that can get some buckets other than when left wide open.

« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2017, 07:08:09 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
My pick is jackson

Same here TP!

« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2017, 07:34:25 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
I like the positional fit of Jackson too, but if he's Jeff Green and Fultz is James Harden, you have to go with Fultz regardless of the logjam in the back court.

Sounds like you've never watched Jackson play. He is the opposite of Jeff Green.

« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2017, 07:36:02 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
here is something i just read over on SoSH. impressive stuff on jaylen:

"He's now shooting over 50% on corner threes, which is great. Hope the Cs keep him so we can watch him grow into the beast he's destined to be.

Here's an article with some advanced stats, a couple of which are in the following paragraph:

http://www.espn.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4725369/rook-to-corner-3-jaylen-brown-making-big-plays-for-celtics

"A check of Synergy Sports' defensive data has Brown in the 88th percentile among all defenders, holding opponents to 0.805 points per play. In fact, Synergy's data suggests that, among all players with at least 300 players defended, Brown ranks 15th in the league in points allowed per play. (That's just four spots behind Golden State's Draymond Green at 0.798 points per play.)""

Yeah, kind of a joke he wasn't selected for the future stars game.

« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2017, 07:50:16 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I'd salivate for a Brown/Jackson potential duo on the wings. The athleticism, length and tenacity on defense for both, they could literally develop into a wing combo that can shut every teams' wings down.

Shooting would be a concern, but they could develop it along the way.

Jesus, I need a paper towel...
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2017, 08:36:15 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
I like the positional fit of Jackson too, but if he's Jeff Green and Fultz is James Harden, you have to go with Fultz regardless of the logjam in the back court.

Sounds like you've never watched Jackson play. He is the opposite of Jeff Green.

I was referring to upside, not game.

Moreover, I'm not saying Jackson has Green's upside. I'm simply saying that some people seem more concerned about positional fit than upside on this board. And IF Fultz or Ball has better upside, we shouldn't take Jackson despite the fit.

« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2017, 08:48:28 PM »

Offline Bostonborn62

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 63
  • Hustle like Cowens or have a seat
Action Jackson>Fultz  IMO  ;D

« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2017, 09:03:42 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

Moreover, I'm not saying Jackson has Green's upside. I'm simply saying that some people seem more concerned about positional fit than upside on this board. And IF Fultz or Ball has better upside, we shouldn't take Jackson despite the fit.

I'm not sure what you're talking about, Jackson has as much upside as Ball or Fultz. Futlz has a lot of flash to his game, but people say he doesn't really make his team better. Ball might have the most upside with his passing, and potential on D, but his dad sounds like a pain in the butt, and he may be just like him.

But Jackson seems to do it all. Finds the open guy, shoots the outside shot, drives to the hoop, rebounds. His defense has gotten so good over the last month players don't want to go against him. During one of the broadcasts one of the analysts said one of the bigger named players(can't remember off the top of my head) didn't want to go against him because he's playing D so well.

Right now it's down to Fultz(who will get traded to the Bulls for Butler) or Jackson. I like Jackson, he really smooth on the floor and at 6'8" I think he could still play the 2. And if they decided to go full blow youth movement having your core of Smart,Jackson,Brown,Nets2018,Yabu,Zizic is a pretty good start.   

« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2017, 09:12:23 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
He's playing on ESPN right now

« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2017, 09:34:54 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
He's playing on ESPN right now

already has 5 rebounds with 9 min to go in the 1st half

« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2017, 09:47:15 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 731
Brown & Jackson would be like Max & Bird again - tho admittedly not as talented. People kinda forget that the '81 title team was built around our two young superstar forwards.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2017, 10:19:18 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Sheesh, I will be happy with either Fultz or Jackson.
A big good shooting point guard or an athletic forward.

« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2017, 10:19:24 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385

I'm not sure what you're talking about, Jackson has as much upside as Ball or Fultz. Futlz has a lot of flash to his game, but people say he doesn't really make his team better. Ball might have the most upside with his passing, and potential on D, but his dad sounds like a pain in the butt, and he may be just like him.

But Jackson seems to do it all. Finds the open guy, shoots the outside shot, drives to the hoop, rebounds. His defense has gotten so good over the last month players don't want to go against him. During one of the broadcasts one of the analysts said one of the bigger named players(can't remember off the top of my head) didn't want to go against him because he's playing D so well.

Right now it's down to Fultz(who will get traded to the Bulls for Butler) or Jackson. I like Jackson, he really smooth on the floor and at 6'8" I think he could still play the 2. And if they decided to go full blow youth movement having your core of Smart,Jackson,Brown,Nets2018,Yabu,Zizic is a pretty good start.   

Again, I didn't say he didn't. All I was saying is that people seem to be more obsessed with Jacksonms fit than anything.

« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2017, 10:23:40 PM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
Dream scenario next season, draft Josh Jackson, sign Griffin

Horford/Olynyk/Zizic
Griffin/Mickey/FA
Crowder/Jackson/Green
Bradley/Brown/FA
Thomas/Smart/Rozier

D-League: D.Jackson, Yabusele, 17 2nd round draft pick

Super deep and a contender that allows Brown and Jackson to continue to learn slowly from great role models.

This is a team that could easily transition to a core of Smart, Jackson & Brown for the next 10 years

« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2017, 10:25:30 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
Strangely enough the guy I see as a perfect fit for Stevens is Markkannen.