Author Topic: Jaylen/Josh Jackson Combo makes us contenders in 3 years  (Read 6709 times)

Re: Jaylen/Josh Jackson Combo makes us contenders in 3 years
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2017, 04:40:07 PM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
I Love Brown but a small part of me is still burning we didn't get Simmons (even though he's injured) he would have been the perfect player for this team as a Draymond Green type ball handling combo guard, he's a great rebounder (needed), playmaker (needed) and eventually switch defender.

Thomas
Bradley
Crowder
Simmons
Horford

Brown is the right fit

Simmons gave up on his studies... His defensive effort is inconsistent

Don't get me wrong I really love Brown and his intensity, I also love the fact he was in Simmons shadow essentially his whole life and I can tell he plays with a drive and chip on his shoulder because of it but Simmons is a better all round player atm (minus his vertical) and reading about his time at LSU he hated it and was just used as a shop window...you can say the same for most elite players, for god sakes Kyrie Irving 'attended' Duke and thinks the world is flat.

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2017, 04:43:17 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1480
I don't know about the 'in 3 years' part, but I would love a in-the-future lineup of starting wings of Brown and Jackson as long as they both can improve their 3 point shooting a bit.  If Smart could keep improving and if eventually IT becomes too expensive due to some other signings....

PG Smart
SG Brown
SF Jackson

That lineup has size, super def ability, length to attack the rim.  Just would depend on development of the 3 point shots for all 3 of them.
I think long term Brown and Jackson would be more likely to be a 3/4 combo than a 2/3 combo

Why do you say that?  Brown has started at the 2 for us right now.  I know Jackson could probably add some weight to his frame, but his strengths for his size are his ball handling ability and the ability to get to the rim.  I think for the short term we benefit from them at the 2/3 more.

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2017, 05:12:48 PM »

Offline GRADYCOLNON

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
I hope Jackson comes out as the better player than fultz.  Don't think I could deal with Fultz's lack of effort problems

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2017, 05:28:05 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
Who's going to be able to shoot threes and spread the floor with Smart, Jackson, and Brown?
jackson is currently shooting 37.8% from 3 point land for the season.

smart has shot around 33% to 35% since december 23rd.

brown has shot 35.3 over the past month.

so, the answer to your question may be ... all of them!  ;D

while these are small sample sizes, nonetheless they at least give room for hope for all three.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2017, 05:29:38 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja
I hope Jackson comes out as the better player than fultz.  Don't think I could deal with Fultz's lack of effort problems
just curious, but what problems are those? any sources for this? thanks.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2017, 05:30:02 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Jackson doesn't just shoot the 3 at 37%+, but he also FAKES them like crazy and gets to the hoop at will in single coverage from the 3 point line with a quick pump fake.  Josh Jackson is the only prospect out right now who has highlight videos where he's scoring 25+ and multiple plays included are just him hustling for a loose ball that the video editors include anyways.  If we get him or Fultz then I'm happy with no other moves other than adding Zizic.   

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2017, 05:32:38 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja
Jackson doesn't just shoot the 3 at 37%+, but he also FAKES them like crazy and gets to the hoop at will in single coverage from the 3 point line with a quick pump fake.  Josh Jackson is the only prospect out right now who has highlight videos where he's scoring 25+ and multiple plays included are just him hustling for a loose ball that the video editors include anyways.  If we get him or Fultz then I'm happy with no other moves other than adding Zizic.   
agreed. i would be very happy if ainge took jackson even with the #1 pick. the kid has endless energy and drive to go with great ability. if his three point shooting is for real, he's my choice for #1 pick.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 05:43:41 PM by hwangjini_1 »
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2017, 05:41:04 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
I like the positional fit of Jackson too, but if he's Jeff Green and Fultz is James Harden, you have to go with Fultz regardless of the logjam in the back court.

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2017, 05:42:52 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja
here is something i just read over on SoSH. impressive stuff on jaylen:

"He's now shooting over 50% on corner threes, which is great. Hope the Cs keep him so we can watch him grow into the beast he's destined to be.

Here's an article with some advanced stats, a couple of which are in the following paragraph:

http://www.espn.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4725369/rook-to-corner-3-jaylen-brown-making-big-plays-for-celtics

"A check of Synergy Sports' defensive data has Brown in the 88th percentile among all defenders, holding opponents to 0.805 points per play. In fact, Synergy's data suggests that, among all players with at least 300 players defended, Brown ranks 15th in the league in points allowed per play. (That's just four spots behind Golden State's Draymond Green at 0.798 points per play.)""
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2017, 05:44:39 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I like the positional fit of Jackson too, but if he's Jeff Green and Fultz is James Harden, you have to go with Fultz regardless of the logjam in the back court.

He's not Jeff Green in the slightest.  I'm not sure what he'll become, but it won't be Jeff Green.

« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2017, 05:46:52 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1480

Jackson hasn't looked tentative or over-rated when I watched him (if that is what the Jeff Green reference is to, I am not even sure what it means anymore other than good player who isn't an alpha dog?)

It may be a tough choice between Fultz and Jackson if it comes down to that ie, we get #1 pick.  I am not sold on Ball's shot right now.

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2017, 05:49:01 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Is 37% at the college 3 good?  I would not be confident that Jackson is going to come in and be a good shooter, especially given the long wind up.  He'll likely need to work on that.

« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2017, 06:35:11 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Always draft what is considered the best talent available. Fultz has a chance to be special.

Valuable assets can always be traded for other assets of another position. 

« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2017, 06:43:19 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
My pick is jackson

« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2017, 07:03:56 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 599

He's not Jeff Green in the slightest.  I'm not sure what he'll become, but it won't be Jeff Green.

Fultz is much closer to Jeff Green as far as motor goes.