Author Topic: Yabusele in CBA playoffs  (Read 5766 times)

Re: Yabusele in CBA playoffs
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2017, 06:15:58 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Hamed  Haddadi averages 25.4 points, 16.0 rebounds, 4.8 assists and 2.0 blocks

Sortable CBA stats: http://basketball.realgm.com/international/league/40/Chinese-CBA/stats/2017/Averages/Qualified/All/trb/All/desc

Yabu is top-26 in both points and rebounds, so he's definitely holding his own. However, a lot of guys who couldn't cut it in the NBA are dominant over there.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2017, 06:49:16 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
The Chinese league is trash but that isn't the point here. It is about a 19 year old Yabusele getting minutes and doing well in those minutes.

I'm actually not sure he'll be in Boston next year. Maybe a not her year of development overseas  (back in Europe maybe) in a tougher league might do him some good.

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2017, 06:49:38 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199

Sortable CBA stats: http://basketball.realgm.com/international/league/40/Chinese-CBA/stats/2017/Averages/Qualified/All/trb/All/desc

Yabu is top-26 in both points and rebounds, so he's definitely holding his own. However, a lot of guys who couldn't cut it in the NBA are dominant over there.

For me (and I know they are just highlights) it's more about the moves that he makes. He seems very aggressive driving the ball off closeouts, his dribble seems fine for the most part and he seems to be developing an eye for getting his teammates involved. He'll need to test himself against real NBA competition before we can say these moves will translate but they are all skills that have translated for other players in the past.

Different to a shooter who takes too long to get their shot off and can't defend a lick (Fredette)

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2017, 06:53:55 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597

There are many stiff centers dominating the college competition as well. Put Haddadi on college basketball, I'm not sure if even top Center prospects can match his physicality.

CBA is much better experience for Yabu because he's competing much more physical game against grown men.

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2017, 07:17:15 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
CBA is much better experience for Yabu because he's competing much more physical game against grown men.

Are you serious about this because I almost fell out of chair laughing, that league is garbage.

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2017, 07:18:31 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404

Fredette scores 37.5ppg , MarSchon Brooks 37.4, Dejuan Blair 24ppg 14rpg

They look like All stars ! We should at least sign Blair to solve the rebounding problem !!

How can anyone take seriously the CBA stats ?

Its pretty easy to score 37 when you're attempting 17 threes in one game. Jimmer is just chucking from wherever he wants with very few consequences.

Fairly sure if you're just looking at the scoring and rebound rankings and not watching how Yabusele actually plays you're not doing him justice. Yes its a crap league, but he still shows some really good attributes which will translate to any league.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2017, 07:18:37 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
The Chinese league is trash but that isn't the point here. It is about a 19 year old Yabusele getting minutes and doing well in those minutes.

I'm actually not sure he'll be in Boston next year. Maybe a not her year of development overseas  (back in Europe maybe) in a tougher league might do him some good.

Austin Ainge said he'll be in Maine after he finishes CBA. So I'm guessing it's this season.

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2017, 07:37:48 AM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
Pretty tough to tell where he is. He's like 100x stronger + more athletic than the CBA players, but in the NBA he won't be able to rely on that so much. Still I'm excited to see what he can do.

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2017, 07:58:48 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533

Austin Ainge said he'll be in Maine after he finishes CBA. So I'm guessing it's this season.
Ok. That would make sense. I think Zizic is ahead of him on the developmental front. Some extra seasoning would help Yabusele before coming on to the first team. Should be some great summer league action this year that's for sure!!! Brown, Yabusele, Zizic, maybe some like Fultz maybe.

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2017, 08:55:44 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
I don't think anyone is trying to compare this Chinese league to the NBA but it is fair to compare it to College.  How well would Josh Jackson do for example in China?  Who knows but I think you need more maturity to succeed in China than at Kansas.  I think if Yabusele was at maybe Villanova, he would be doing very well.  He is a nice prospect at this point, just like a lot of players in college.

I don't get all the quick to discount comments ("yeah but Jimmer is scoring 37 pts").  What would Jimmer be doing if he was playing for a college team right now?  Fredette is 28 years old.  That is so much different than 19.  Jimmer would be the best player in the NCAA.  Not the best prospect, but the best player.

« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2017, 09:32:57 AM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
If you take away the foreign players, the average CBA team probably loses to an AAU high school team. It's not real basketball and there's literally nothing Yabu could do there that is even remotely useful in projecting his NBA value. 

Hope to see him in Maine soon.

Great words from a great man

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2017, 10:06:34 AM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
I don't think anyone is trying to compare this Chinese league to the NBA but it is fair to compare it to College.  How well would Josh Jackson do for example in China?  Who knows but I think you need more maturity to succeed in China than at Kansas.  I think if Yabusele was at maybe Villanova, he would be doing very well.  He is a nice prospect at this point, just like a lot of players in college.

I don't get all the quick to discount comments ("yeah but Jimmer is scoring 37 pts").  What would Jimmer be doing if he was playing for a college team right now?  Fredette is 28 years old.  That is so much different than 19.  Jimmer would be the best player in the NCAA.  Not the best prospect, but the best player.
Yabuselle is 21 not 19.  I have a lot more confidence that Josh Jackson would be doing very good in the CBA than Yabu would in major college basketball.  Fran Fraschilla ranks the CBA as 12th best pro league outside of NBA. 

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18470135/fran-fraschilla-rankings-world-top-12-basketball-leagues-nba

« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2017, 10:32:52 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279

Fredette scores 37.5ppg , MarSchon Brooks 37.4, Dejuan Blair 24ppg 14rpg

They look like All stars ! We should at least sign Blair to solve the rebounding problem !!

How can anyone take seriously the CBA stats ?

Its pretty easy to score 37 when you're attempting 17 threes in one game. Jimmer is just chucking from wherever he wants with very few consequences.

Fairly sure if you're just looking at the scoring and rebound rankings and not watching how Yabusele actually plays you're not doing him justice. Yes its a crap league, but he still shows some really good attributes which will translate to any league.

i don't agree.... his abilities are amplified by the talentless opponents. maybe you can see some things in him but here he is already considered 2nd or 3rd player of the bench. 

posting stats without context creates completely false expectations. yabu plays in a league where nba scrubs looks like hall of famers

« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2017, 11:11:39 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597

Are you serious about this because I almost fell out of chair laughing, that league is garbage.

Some college conference aren't much better. Pac-12, MEAC, MAAC  are much worse than CBA for instance.

« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2017, 11:27:12 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

Some college conference aren't much better. Pac-12, MEAC, MAAC  are much worse than CBA for instance.

Not sure about the PAC12......they have 3 top 15 teams.