Author Topic: Yabusele in CBA playoffs  (Read 5732 times)

Yabusele in CBA playoffs
« on: February 27, 2017, 12:03:33 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
From what I seen, defense from the playoffs there is getting better, even by a margin. But it was a great experience for Yabu to have. The atmosphere is really competitive and the game was becoming more physical. CBA may not be a euro league but its more competitive than some conference in the college basketball with grown men to compete with.

Re: Yabusele in CBA playoffs
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 12:21:19 AM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 01:34:21 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
I think this kid is going to be great.

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 01:54:53 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
anyone has watched a full game and wants to share impressions?

that would be awesome.

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2017, 02:45:52 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
We are not seeing what he does wrong.
But I love the energy and determination of this guy.
He's acting like he's a leader in the playoffs.
Just love to see that. This guy has Celtics blood already.
Can't wait to see it in Maine soon.

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2017, 02:50:31 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
From what I seen, defense from the playoffs there is getting better, even by a margin. But it was a great experience for Yabu to have. The atmosphere is really competitive and the game was becoming more physical. CBA may not be a euro league but its more competitive than some conference in the college basketball with grown men to compete with.

The CBA is really weak; the best teams out there might not even be able to beat the best college teams around in the US(actually they might get roasted by traditional strong college teams like Duke, Kentucky,etc.).
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2017, 02:57:50 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167

The CBA is really weak; the best teams out there might not even be able to beat the best college teams around in the US(actually they might get roasted by traditional strong college teams like Duke, Kentucky,etc.).

They are not on the European teams' level either.

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2017, 03:01:34 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

They are not on the European teams' level either.
Hm for the stronger leagues definitely yes but iirc there some really weak European leagues
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2017, 03:37:06 AM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
Yabusele reminds me of a better version of Sullinger

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2017, 04:05:30 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
anyone has watched a full game and wants to share impressions?

that would be awesome.

Full game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqbHLXe1nJc

- The kid is really strong and hard to stop at the rim
- Has some nice handle for a big
- Lacks the rebounding technique but not afraid to bang inside
- Great instinct for offensive rebounds
- Active hands on the defensive end and great instinct as a weakside help.
- A threat beyond  the arc and PnR
- Have some good court vision and can pass.
- Really bust his butt off for a hustle play.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 04:19:24 AM by mr. dee »

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2017, 04:29:55 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
Emmanuel Mudiay vs Guerschon Yabusele stats on CBA

Mudiay:
18 PPG/6 RPG/5 APG/.478 FG%/.342 3PT%/.574 FT%

Yabusele:
22 PPG/10 RPG/2 APG/.539 FG%/.382 3PT%/.689 F%

Yabusele is already much better in every catergory except the assist numbers. Remember, Mudiay was a lottery pick.

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2017, 04:32:20 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald

I said some college conference, not college as whole. I doubt teams like Washington, Stanford and Oregon are much better than some top teams in the CBA. Don't forget that CBA also have former NBA players who have much more developed bodies and brings veteran experience from the NBA.

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2017, 05:17:21 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

I said some college conference, not college as whole. I doubt teams like Washington, Stanford and Oregon are much better than some top teams in the CBA. Don't forget that CBA also have former NBA players who have much more developed bodies and brings veteran experience from the NBA.

Oregon is the #6 ranked team in the country, FYI.

Anyway, it's tough to compare.  A lot of the talent in the CBA couldn't compare with most Division I basketball, but at the same time, basketball is a sport that can be controlled by your top 2-3 players in a team.  Most of the top players in the CBA could torch college players, and so it'd be pretty close overall from a team perspective.

What it would be helpful for someone to do is present Yab's stats in context with the other PF and C of the league, so we could see how he stacks up against others playing his position from a numbers standpoint. There are quite a few ex-NBA bigs in the league, so that will further help give us a frame of reference.

I'm not going to be that "someone", however.

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2017, 05:55:44 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
Emmanuel Mudiay vs Guerschon Yabusele stats on CBA

Mudiay:
18 PPG/6 RPG/5 APG/.478 FG%/.342 3PT%/.574 FT%

Yabusele:
22 PPG/10 RPG/2 APG/.539 FG%/.382 3PT%/.689 F%

Yabusele is already much better in every catergory except the assist numbers. Remember, Mudiay was a lottery pick.

Fredette scores 37.5ppg , MarSchon Brooks 37.4, Dejuan Blair 24ppg 14rpg

They look like All stars ! We should at least sign Blair to solve the rebounding problem !!

How can anyone take seriously the CBA stats ?

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2017, 06:05:01 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
We are not seeing what he does wrong.
But I love the energy and determination of this guy.
He's acting like he's a leader in the playoffs.
Just love to see that. This guy has Celtics blood already.
Can't wait to see it in Maine soon.

I think he'll be in the main rotation next year. Probably taking JJs minutes. If he can hit the 3 in the NBA then I don't see a reason why he won't be afforded that opportunity. Next year let's say we have KO, Horford, Zizic and Yab as our big rotation. It's be inexperienced but I quite like it. Possibly bring back Amir as a vet presence while the rooks learn the game