2 (3.4%)
Jose Claderon.
0 (0%)
Other (Who)
3 (5.2%)
No changes; status quo
9 (15.5%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Author Topic: POLL:If we bring in some new blood, who do you want?  (Read 2489 times)

POLL:If we bring in some new blood, who do you want?
« on: February 26, 2017, 10:05:51 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2237
I think that this team needs to be shaken up a little. Players seem too comfortable.

To me, Young and Mickey, in particular have to go. Mickey because he's useless and Young because he's gone for sure after this year, and he doesn't bring enough to warrant keeping him.

I get it that Stevens likes this group and its camaraderie and that Young is friends with Smart and Mickey with whomever and all these guys are buddies. Too bad.

This team looks tired and at times complacent. Tired in the Chi game before the break, I get, but they still should've won. No excuse for being tired in Toronto with no Lowery and up by 17, none. Tonight they were getting beat to rebounds and balls that they should've had. We almost blew tonight's game too, but Detroit was even worse than us. Ugly game.

Olynyk sucked and looked real weak. Jerebko is not the same player since his nose was broken. Horford looked better tonight, but he seems in a funk. And Zeller?????? And no Bradley again, and when he comes back, who knows how long he'll be healthy. Amir???

IT, Crowder and the kids carried our butts today: Smart, Jaylen, Rozier. They need help.

We need an infusion. We need new blood, especially some young legs. We need some more toughness/meanness. Seeing PJ Tucker do what he did to us Friday (in 29 minutes, 10 rebounds, 3 steals, 1 block, 9 points and a ton of energy) made me realize that Ainge should have made a couple of small moves at the deadline and gotten rid of some of the deadwood, even if they're pals of other players and one big happy family.

There are some players out there who can help us. Keep in mind, if we sign these players and they are problems, we just cut them. And what do we lose? Mickey and Young who we will lose this summer anyway? Big Deal.

My choices are TJones and Matt Barnes. The first because he is young, dynamic and has had some monster games and plays a position that we can use help at AND he will be HUNGRY playing for a contract. Barnes, because he's a tough, mean sob who can bound a little and hit threes.

Pick up to 2 that you would like to have, assuming Bogut is going to Cleveland, because he would be my first choice.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 10:14:34 PM by csfansince60s »

Re: POLL:If we bring in some new blood, who do you want?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 06:29:51 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
No changes. Keep things as they are.

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 07:14:16 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Add Jones and cut Mickey or Jackson .  Jones is athletic and helps on boards.

Sully needs to go to overseas but we should never ever sign him again after this last playoff performance here.

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 07:14:50 AM »

Offline Texstyles

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 44
Terance Jones has been my choice since he was released.  It could be an 20 game audition for fit on this team.  Sully would be a close 2nd.  I hate the weight and injuries but we all have seen a Sully that we all liked. 

As crazy as it sounds,  I don't throw away Young.  He has a talent that is good for CBS schemes. I know he has been here for 3 years but he came in as a baby and he still the same age as Brown.

I would say bye to Mickey,  I do not see where he will ever play.  This team needs exactly what he should bring to the table, but yet CBS doesn't even think about playing him.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 09:49:58 AM by Texstyles »

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2017, 07:17:59 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Sully isn't exactly a new blood. Why the hell would we want Calderon and Barnes?

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2017, 09:39:50 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
Terance Jones has been my choice since he was released.  It could be an 20 game audition for fit on this time.  Sully would be a close 2nd.  I hate the weight and injuries but we all have seen a Sully that we all liked. 

As crazy as it sounds,  I don't throw away Young.  He has a talent that is good for CBS schemes. I know he has been here for 3 years but he came in as a baby and he still the same age as Brown.

I would say bye to Mickey,  I do not see where he will ever play.  This team needs exactly what he should bring to the table, but yet CBS doesn't even think about playing him.

Young is the only thing that I disagree with you about here. (Sully concerns me, but I would take him, and if the Cavs for some miracle reason don't get Bogut, I can see him there as he is a local, and I hope that doesn't happen.)

We're in a lose-lose situation with Young. We can only pay him $2.8mil next year. If he shows anything for the rest of the season/playoffs, the Nets and anyone else can easily outbid us for him, and he's gone. If he doesn't show anything, that's a lose for us too, so why would we keep him, so he'd be gone anyway.

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2017, 09:45:08 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Sully or Bogut end up with the Cavs I think. I really don't see DA getting any one.

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2017, 10:38:38 AM »

Offline feckless

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 93
For me, people are losing perspective on Sullinger.  He played well for us much of the time, was certainly of more use than the undersized Mickey.

Danny did not want to overpay him, which I agree with.  But for a vet's minimum?

So if we can pick-up Jones or Sulliinger as insurance or for rebounding it makes sense to me.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 01:23:25 PM by feckless »
Days up and down they come, like rain on a conga drum, forget most, remember some, don't turn none away.   Townes Van Zandt

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2017, 10:40:25 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I'd go with Sully if he was willing to swallow his pride.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2017, 10:49:21 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
That won't be all he swallows if the past is any indication.

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2017, 11:13:23 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
That won't be all he swallows if the past is any indication.

I resisted taking Roy's bait on that. I'm working on my impulse control.

TPs to you and Roy....made me laugh.

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2017, 11:19:06 AM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
It really depends with Sullinger. If his departure over the summer wasn't acrimonious I think it would be great to bring him in as a 15 minutes a game guy who doesn't need to learn the system.  If it was a "don't let the door hit you on your way out fatso!" sort of situation though, it's hard to see him returning.

Otherwise Terrence Jones would be great.

Great words from a great man

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2017, 11:22:47 AM »

Offline Shoot the J

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 33
I voted "other" with Larry Sanders in mind. Celtics need help rebounding, Sanders needs a stage to earn himself a contract for next season. What could go wrong?

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2017, 11:29:11 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
Gotta go with Terrence Jones. I also voted Mike Scott as another stretch big. Jerebko needs a break and let his face heal so he can get rid of that mask.
- LilRip

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2017, 11:58:59 AM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
I like Terrence Jones a lot but I just don't see us signing him.........so I voted other= Luis Scola, just waived by Nets. He is a pretty decent Vet Big who surprisingly shoots the 3 ball at 34% this year and 40% last year(shot 161 threes, so decent sample) so he would fit Brad's system. ALSO he would add to our league leading Hair Game