Author Topic: The Dynasty starts in 2020  (Read 3385 times)

Re: The Dynasty starts in 2020
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2017, 09:15:55 PM »

Offline CelticsFan166

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 133
I say starts in 2019

C-   DeAndre Ayton
PF-  Josh Jackson
SF - Jaylen Brown
SG - Marcus Smart
PG -  ?

Thank you Brooklyn Nets

I'd go with:

Ayton/Zizic
Yabusele
Brown
Smart
Fultz

That'd be an insane team. Wow.

just bc they are doing well in non NBA  leagues doesn't mean it will translate necessarily at the NBA level

btw Fultz production has dropped as of late... i don't know, he kind of looks disinterested at times these days
Good point about Fultz- you can substitute Lonzo ball for him if you want. And as for Yabusele, I think he has potential to be a Draymond Green type, Swiss Army knife, 10/8/5 a game type X factor that teams need to win in the playoffs, or a forward version of Marcus Smart. I know he's in China but part of me thinks he's got all the physical tools and skills needed to be a key contributor.

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2017, 09:39:59 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
U must be 16 or 17 years old with plenty of time to wait for another banner...

Keep drinking the Kool-Aid brother, Wyc just poured you a fresh glass

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2017, 11:13:54 PM »

Offline straightouttabahstun

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
  • That's turrible
I think we'll be there by the 2018-2019 season. LeBron will be old af and the Warriors are gonna have to give up some core pieces for cap reasons. We're playing money ball in this league.

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2017, 11:24:21 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
The dynasty starts next year.

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2017, 12:15:39 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
If your dream is that everyone from Smart, Brown, Nets 2017 and Nets 2018 are going to be superstars that create this dynasty know that its most likely we don't become contenders until our best player is around 25 to 26. If that player is picked this summer or next you are looking at not contending until 2023 or so. I hope you are patient.

Just having a bunch of young, high draft choices doesn't make you contenders. There are so many teams that can prove that that its ridiculous. They have to grow up and learn to be stars and superstars first. I am guessing when OKC had Durant, Westbrook, Harden and Ibaka all at young ages they thought they had a dynasty. They never won a ring and now because of money only one of those players remain.

I would love for it to happen but I think I will temper my enthusiasm for hoping teenagers will deliver the next Celtics dynasty. Too much can and usually does go wrong when it comes to expecting only the best case scenarios with drafted children
OKC isn't the best example.  They actually DID draft three stars in three years; three mvp caliber stars.  But most of the time that doesn't happen.  Need to bring up one of those teams as an example.

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2017, 01:26:57 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

OKC screwed up huge. Should have chose Harden over Ibaka and either kept those three together, or got a godfather trade for one of them.

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2017, 05:36:02 AM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
If your dream is that everyone from Smart, Brown, Nets 2017 and Nets 2018 are going to be superstars that create this dynasty know that its most likely we don't become contenders until our best player is around 25 to 26. If that player is picked this summer or next you are looking at not contending until 2023 or so. I hope you are patient.

Just having a bunch of young, high draft choices doesn't make you contenders. There are so many teams that can prove that that its ridiculous. They have to grow up and learn to be stars and superstars first. I am guessing when OKC had Durant, Westbrook, Harden and Ibaka all at young ages they thought they had a dynasty. They never won a ring and now because of money only one of those players remain.

I would love for it to happen but I think I will temper my enthusiasm for hoping teenagers will deliver the next Celtics dynasty. Too much can and usually does go wrong when it comes to expecting only the best case scenarios with drafted children
OKC isn't the best example.  They actually DID draft three stars in three years; three mvp caliber stars.  But most of the time that doesn't happen.  Need to bring up one of those teams as an example.

It was only the ownerships cheapness that lost them their dynasty, I believe they were only a few million apart from extending Harden and didn't budge because they didn't want to pay the luxury tax, essential the same problem with Durant walking not surrounding him with enough talent because of their cheapness.

The most painful thing about that OKC team is that if they didn't sell/move the team from Seattle they probably would have been able to afford the luxury tax, it was a royal screw job as Oklahoma is a smaller market with an equally crappy stadium.

I would still be devastated if I was a Sonics fan, I'm actually glad Seahawks have had some success recently as their sports fans deserve it.