Author Topic: The Dynasty starts in 2020  (Read 3390 times)

The Dynasty starts in 2020
« on: February 26, 2017, 06:33:56 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

I'm plagiarizing myself from the Horford thread when his contract is up we will be ready to dominate the league for 10 years.

It's going to be awesome. 6 finals appearances in ten years is what I'm feeling.

So it's all good Big AL, we can use you in the meantime, maybe we move him in the final year of his deal.

Either way sit back, relax, watch the draft picks roll in and get ready to watch the Celtics dominate for an entire Decade.

This is the stuff dreams are made of.
 I've dealt with a lot of pain for a long time watching this team.

Potopenko, Milt Palacio, Brian Stith, Dwayne Shincis, Popeye Jones, Travis Knight, Ron Mercer, Kenny Anderson, Vin Baker.

Those are some of the names from my Celtic Nightmares.

Stay vigilant, stay patient Celtic fans, these winds they are a Changing.

Re: The Dynasty starts in 2020
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2017, 06:53:52 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
I think this is the smart route as well, start contending 2019-2020 (two-three years from now; LBJ gets older as well).

Unfortunately a ton of people will disagree with you and I bet Ainge is thinking "I HAVE to do something this summer".
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2017, 07:00:40 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
I think this is the smart route as well, start contending 2019-2020 (two-three years from now; LBJ gets older as well).

Unfortunately a ton of people will disagree with you and I bet Ainge is thinking "I HAVE to do something this summer".

Don't forget about Golden State. We have to pray Durant leaves, and Curry falls off the Cliff. That should take a good three years.

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2017, 07:03:10 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I say starts in 2019

C-   DeAndre Ayton
PF-  Josh Jackson
SF - Jaylen Brown
SG - Marcus Smart
PG -  ?

Thank you Brooklyn Nets

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2017, 07:07:42 PM »

Offline Trifecta

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • #18 at any cost.

I'm plagiarizing myself from the Horford thread when his contract is up we will be ready to dominate the league for 10 years.

It's going to be awesome. 6 finals appearances in ten years is what I'm feeling.

So it's all good Big AL, we can use you in the meantime, maybe we move him in the final year of his deal.

Either way sit back, relax, watch the draft picks roll in and get ready to watch the Celtics dominate for an entire Decade.

This is the stuff dreams are made of.
 I've dealt with a lot of pain for a long time watching this team.

Potopenko, Milt Palacio, Brian Stith, Dwayne Shincis, Popeye Jones, Travis Knight, Ron Mercer, Kenny Anderson, Vin Baker.

Those are some of the names from my Celtic Nightmares.

Stay vigilant, stay patient Celtic fans, these winds they are a Changing.

Is this satire?
KO and Zeller, aka Hopeless and Helpless aka the Twin Towers of Futility.

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2017, 07:10:13 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

Don't forget about Golden State. We have to pray Durant leaves, and Curry falls off the Cliff. That should take a good three years.

They max Curry+Durant. Then Klay will need a contract.

Iguodala and/or Livingston likely leave.

Will it even work out 3 years from now? They'd need to really scrap together a bench.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2017, 07:21:27 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
If your dream is that everyone from Smart, Brown, Nets 2017 and Nets 2018 are going to be superstars that create this dynasty know that its most likely we don't become contenders until our best player is around 25 to 26. If that player is picked this summer or next you are looking at not contending until 2023 or so. I hope you are patient.

Just having a bunch of young, high draft choices doesn't make you contenders. There are so many teams that can prove that that its ridiculous. They have to grow up and learn to be stars and superstars first. I am guessing when OKC had Durant, Westbrook, Harden and Ibaka all at young ages they thought they had a dynasty. They never won a ring and now because of money only one of those players remain.

I would love for it to happen but I think I will temper my enthusiasm for hoping teenagers will deliver the next Celtics dynasty. Too much can and usually does go wrong when it comes to expecting only the best case scenarios with drafted children

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2017, 07:23:56 PM »

Offline CelticsFan166

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 133
I say starts in 2019

C-   DeAndre Ayton
PF-  Josh Jackson
SF - Jaylen Brown
SG - Marcus Smart
PG -  ?

Thank you Brooklyn Nets

I'd go with:

Ayton/Zizic
Yabusele
Brown
Smart
Fultz

That'd be an insane team. Wow.

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2017, 07:34:18 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I say starts in 2019

C-   DeAndre Ayton
PF-  Josh Jackson
SF - Jaylen Brown
SG - Marcus Smart
PG -  ?

Thank you Brooklyn Nets

I'd go with:

Ayton/Zizic
Yabusele
Brown
Smart
Fultz

just bc they are doing well in non NBA  leagues doesn't mean it will translate necessarily at the NBA level

btw Fultz production has dropped as of late... i don't know, he kind of looks disinterested at times these days

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2017, 07:41:57 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
I say starts in 2019

C-   DeAndre Ayton
PF-  Josh Jackson
SF - Jaylen Brown
SG - Marcus Smart
PG -  ?

Thank you Brooklyn Nets

I'd go with:

Ayton/Zizic
Yabusele
Brown
Smart
Fultz

just bc they are doing well in non NBA  leagues doesn't mean it will translate necessarily at the NBA level

btw Fultz production has dropped as of late... i don't know, he kind of looks disinterested at times these days

always did ...he is a man amongst boys.

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2017, 07:43:34 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
How about sooner .....I'm kinda impatient

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2017, 08:14:24 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
I say starts in 2019

C-   DeAndre Ayton
PF-  Josh Jackson
SF - Jaylen Brown
SG - Marcus Smart
PG -  ?

Thank you Brooklyn Nets

I'd go with:

Ayton/Zizic
Yabusele
Brown
Smart
Fultz

always did ...he is a man amongst boys.

We can't have a diva playing half-assed.

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2017, 08:41:41 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
If your dream is that everyone from Smart, Brown, Nets 2017 and Nets 2018 are going to be superstars that create this dynasty know that its most likely we don't become contenders until our best player is around 25 to 26. If that player is picked this summer or next you are looking at not contending until 2023 or so. I hope you are patient.

Just having a bunch of young, high draft choices doesn't make you contenders. There are so many teams that can prove that that its ridiculous. They have to grow up and learn to be stars and superstars first. I am guessing when OKC had Durant, Westbrook, Harden and Ibaka all at young ages they thought they had a dynasty. They never won a ring and now because of money only one of those players remain.

I would love for it to happen but I think I will temper my enthusiasm for hoping teenagers will deliver the next Celtics dynasty. Too much can and usually does go wrong when it comes to expecting only the best case scenarios with drafted children

Yep, and to rely solely on high draft picks can be a dangerous game.  There are plenty of examples.  Think Jason Kidd, Jimmy Jackson, and Jamal Mashburn of the Mavericks.

I personally like the combination of youth and experience that we are trying to do now for the short and long game.  We should use all 3 avenues of draft picks, free agency, and trades, and just solely the crapshoot of draft picks.

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2017, 09:06:25 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

If we keep these guys,

Bradley would be 29
 Crowder 29
 Olynyk 28
 Smart 25
 Thomas 31
 Brown 23
 Yabusele 24
 Zizic 23
 Rozier 25
 Ball or Fultz 23
 2018 Nets pick 22

Plus Gordon Hayward would be 29 or another free agent will pick up because we will be a title contender.

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2017, 09:12:32 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

If we keep these guys,

Bradley would be 29
 Crowder 29
 Olynyk 28
 Smart 25
 Thomas 31
 Brown 23
 Yabusele 24
 Zizic 23
 Rozier 25
 Ball or Fultz 23
 2018 Nets pick 22

Plus Gordon Hayward would be 29 or another free agent will pick up because we will be a title contender.
There would be no way we could afford to keep all those players.