Poll

If we sign Hayward would he except a bench role

Yes.
18 (60%)
No, he might choke Stevens.
12 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Author Topic: Poll: Would Bradley accept bench role?  (Read 1978 times)

Re: Poll: Would Bradley accept bench role?
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2017, 09:46:34 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
I will gladly accept it for him on his behalf  ;D

I've been practicing my towel waving for just such an occasion. Put me in onto the bench, coach!
I'm bitter.

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2017, 09:48:01 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
If we sign Hayward, AB will not accept a bench role.  He will insist on starting on his new team.
I'm bitter.

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2017, 09:50:25 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
As a fan.....I'm tell n ya.....it's gonna tuff seeing Brown sitting on the bench .  Eyes glued to Stevens waiting for the signal to " unleash " him.  ;D

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2017, 09:57:50 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Why exactly does he have to come off the bench? To start the rookie Brown? Sorry but Brown hasn't been playing better than Bradley was before he got hurt. Start Bradley and move Brown to the bench. Bradley has more than earned that. And I don't want to hear about needing more scoring off the bench. Simple rotation adjustments where Bradley plays with bench players can fix that.

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2017, 10:01:36 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
Why exactly does he have to come off the bench? To start the rookie Brown? Sorry but Brown hasn't been playing better than Bradley was before he got hurt. Start Bradley and move Brown to the bench. Bradley has more than earned that. And I don't want to hear about needing more scoring off the bench. Simple rotation adjustments where Bradley plays with bench players can fix that.

The poll question is:

So in this case, it would essentially be do you start Hayward at SG and Crowder at SF or AB at SG and Hayward at SF.  I don't see Bradley staying here next season if we sign Hayward, though
I'm bitter.

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2017, 10:02:49 PM »

Offline jambr380

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1755
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
The thread title doesn't allude to this, but I think people have been really dismissive of AB lately; simply because he has been injured.

If AB is not starting here, he should be starting somewhere. He was pretty clearly our 2nd best player before getting hurt. I know he has an injury history that is hard to ignore and paying him huge money with Crowder, Smart, IT, and [Hayward] on the roster would be nearly impossible, but that doesn't make him less valuable to other teams.

For the sake of the question, I said yes, but that's because AB has been nothing but a consummate professional for his entire career. The dude works REALLY hard without making a big deal about it.

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2017, 10:08:08 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

The poll question is:

So in this case, it would essentially be do you start Hayward at SG and Crowder at SF or AB at SG and Hayward at SF.  I don't see Bradley staying here next season if we sign Hayward, though
Thanks Jim. Didn't see the poll question, just was reading posts. Hmmm. I think if we sign Hayward and draft a guard that Bradley and Rozier and some picks will be moved for a big. So, IMO, the question doesn't even have to be asked. Bradley won't be here.

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2017, 10:10:12 PM »

Offline chiken Green

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
Bradley has been awesome.. A pro and has improved every year. We all love him. With that said.. He will not Resign for the little money Danny will offer him.. He signed a team friendly extension that he and his Agent were not happy with.. He wont do it again..

I say all that to say NO he will not "Accept" a bench role. He will look to be moved.

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2017, 02:30:53 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
I assumed this was in relation to Brown starting once AB comes back. I imagine he'll come off the bench while he regains his rhythm. I think he's a team player so he'd accept the role long term as well.

Whether that is the right move is to be debated but Brown looks better with each passing game.

If we're talking about signing Hayward then I imagine there will be a trade to consolidate our lineup. Remember that to get Hayward we give up all our our front court rotation bar Horford. So we'd likely need to reinforce there, likely by trading one of Bradley or Crowder

« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2017, 11:02:10 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Doubt it... Right now yes... But he is a vet and a good player

Tired of seeing guys who become injured  ,  starting from the bottom... This only encourages guys to play through injury etc

Nice 4th quarter D tonight... Kyrie will have nightmares.