Author Topic: Is Al Horford on the worst contact in the league  (Read 11768 times)

Re: Is Al Horford on the worst contact in the league
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2017, 07:10:33 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
What makes CBS happy makes Danny happy ...don't forget that

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2017, 07:14:36 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550
When you add a MAX contract and your still 2 stars away, it is a bad contract.  It is not the worst contract now but it is only going to get worse. 

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2017, 07:22:58 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
no, he does good things for our team that isnt quantified by traditional stats. Is he a crap rebounder? Yes. Did we know that going into the season? Yes. Was he a go to scorer when he played at Atlanta? No. Is he a go to scorer on Boston? No.

His stats are essentially the same through the board when compared to prior seasons; only deviations would be 2 less rebounds, in favor of an additional 2 assists per game. He shoots slightly less percentage from the field (probably as a result of taking a significantly higher amount of 3s a game), but increased his percentage as a 3 point shooter. All in all, he is the player that Ainge and Stevens hoped to  get when he signed the contract. And also, EVERYONE on the team is better this season just by being on the floor with him.

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2017, 07:28:55 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
John Koncak award.

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2017, 07:29:48 PM »

Online mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Joakim Noah is walking through that door. Let's not forget Evan Turner's 17 million/year

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2017, 07:33:22 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Turners agent robbed Portland at gun point

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2017, 07:46:50 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
 ??? ::)
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2017, 08:05:45 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Joakim Noah, Evan Turner, miles plumlee, Brandon Knight, Mozgov, Deng, Reggie Jackson, Tyson Chandler, omer Asik... This is just off the top of my head.

Oh.. Chandler parsons is another one. Wes matthews. Spencer Hawes.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2017, 08:09:44 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Don't forget Ian Mahinmi.

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2017, 08:12:14 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
I can see us trading Horford in 2018 after Thomas signs with the Lakers or whoever and getting something close to what SAC just got for Cousins.  The value in the contract is that we did not have to give up anything for him and for now, it really isn't preventing us from doing anything.  I was not real excited about the signing, not expecting all that much from Horford, but I also was not worried about it.

« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2017, 08:27:07 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Let's have some perspective.  According to ESPN, Horford is 7th among centers in scoring, 5th in 3PM, 4th in 2PT%, 8th in blocks and 1st in assists (and first in assist to turnover ratio).

He's a very effective player.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2017, 09:03:27 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Let's have some perspective.  According to ESPN, Horford is 7th among centers in scoring, 5th in 3PM, 4th in 2PT%, 8th in blocks and 1st in assists (and first in assist to turnover ratio).

How updated are those stats?  I bet they are a little dated.  He has been absolutely HORRIBLE the last five games.  Horrible.  There is NO spinning this Roy!!!   He is in a MAJOR SLUMP and he needs to snap out of it very soon.

Smitty77

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2017, 09:04:08 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.

He is worth it. We are under the salary floor and no one else was out there for us to sign last year. If we get a true center you will see his true worth too.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2017, 09:06:50 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

How updated are those stats?  I bet they are a little dated.  He has been absolutely HORRIBLE the last five games.  Horrible.  There is NO spinning this Roy!!!   He is in a MAJOR SLUMP and he needs to snap out of it very soon.

Smitty77
His contract is not for 5 games.

An you are the one spinning, not Roy.

« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2017, 09:18:50 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269

Smitty77
His contract is not for 5 games.

An you are the one spinning, not Roy.

I think that Roy can protect himself.  Are you his big brother or something?:-)))  Gosh, thanks for telling me that.  I had NO idea!!  Sadly we will be paying him an average of around $29 million per year for the next three years AFTER this year:-(((((

He had a 17.5 PER BEFORE shooting 2-11 tonight and 0-3 from three.  That is NOT $27 worth of production no matter how you guys try to spin it.

Can you all ADMIT that he is in a slump???????

Smitty77