Paul Millsap
0 (0%)
Gordon Hayward
28 (37.3%)
Blake Griffin
46 (61.3%)
Other Free Agent (COMMENT BELOW!)
0 (0%)
No Free Agent, Just Trades (COMMENT BELOW!)
1 (1.3%)

Total Members Voted: 74

Author Topic: Pretend They're AVAILABLE This July. Hayward, Griffin or Millsap?  (Read 5219 times)

Re: Pretend They're AVAILABLE This July. Hayward, Griffin or Millsap?
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2017, 12:12:02 AM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Can Hayward play the 2?  If we get Blake, should Horford keep playing the 5?  Is paying Millsap into his late 30s a good idea?  Blake has the highest ceiling and I like reuniting Stevens and Hayward, while I find Millsap boring.  I want to say Hayward by a hair but I'd still rather try IT / Fultz / Crowder / Horford / Zizic first, assuming we get the opportunity  :laugh:

« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2017, 12:33:32 AM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
Blake just posted 43:10:5

« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2017, 12:34:26 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2904
People who don't want Griffin:

He has 36 pts, 9 rebs, 5 asts, and 2 stls tonight going into OT. He's clearly lost a step. ;)

Hayward is no slouch, but Griffin is still clearly better and at a much more critical position of need for us.

Griffin ended up with 43, 10, 5, and 2 stls with only 1 TO and on 15-26 shooting and 3-4 three point shooting.

« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2017, 12:42:01 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318

He has 36 pts, 9 rebs, 5 asts, and 2 stls tonight going into OT. He's clearly lost a step. ;)

Hayward is no slouch, but Griffin is still clearly better and at a much more critical position of need for us.

Griffin ended up with 43, 10, 5, and 2 stls with only 1 TO and on 15-26 shooting and 3-4 three point shooting.

Voted for Hayward but there's no denying this sentiment. Has to be noted though that Hayward would come by way of free agency and Blake via trade.

Fairly confident saying that...
Blake > Hayward
Hayward + Fultz/Jackson/Ball + Whatever else we would be giving up in a Blake trade > Blake

« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2017, 12:42:51 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Voted for Hayward but there's no denying this sentiment. Has to be noted though that Hayward would come by way of free agency and Blake via trade.

Blake > Hayward
Hayward + Fultz/Jackson/Ball + Whatever else we would be giving up in a Blake trade > Blake
Blake is a FA
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2017, 12:50:35 AM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17

Blake > Hayward
Blake is a FA
also im 95% sure he doesnt qualify for the franchise player extension, and his team is slowly deteriorating. 

« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2017, 12:57:22 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318

Blake > Hayward
Blake is a FA

That's if he exercises his player option... which he definitely could.

In that case, I'd take Blake as an FA over Hayward. Especially since Jaylen is should be the heir apparent to our SG/SF spot.

« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2017, 06:10:34 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
Gotta go with Blake. But Hayward is a close second. I hope DA has a choice this summer, even if it looks like Blake's likely staying with the Clips.
- LilRip

« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2017, 08:23:04 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2912
  • On To Banner 18!
Gotta go with Blake. But Hayward is a close second. I hope DA has a choice this summer, even if it looks like Blake's likely staying with the Clips.

Yeah if neither is available and Millsap isn't coming here, Danny HAS to make a trade.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2017, 08:39:04 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Punt and wait for 2018 FA by giving KO a one year $15 million deal with team option for 2018.

« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2017, 09:08:06 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Punt and wait for 2018 FA by giving KO a one year $15 million deal with team option for 2018.

We won't have cap space in 2018 unless we make major roster changes. IT, AB, and Smart will all be free agents and their cap holds should take away any chance at having max space
I'm bitter.

« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2017, 09:21:53 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
First choice is Blake.  Now it depends on "extreme Health vetting".

With the development of his jump shot, his passing ability, and his ability to draw a defense, he would be a huge addition to the Celtic's crunch time/playoff time half court offense. 

Second choice is Hayward.  Gives the Celtics the true offensive threat.  Makes it harder for teams to just put their best long defender on IT. 

Millsap is not on my list.  Older, undersized PF, I don't think he will age well.

Rather use the cap space in a trade. 

« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2017, 09:34:00 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289

We won't have cap space in 2018 unless we make major roster changes. IT, AB, and Smart will all be free agents and their cap holds should take away any chance at having max space
I expect AB to be traded on draft night. But best case is say Nets (if #1) and AB for 76ers(3 or 4), Lakers (5 or 6), and Saric. Let AJ, Zeller, and Jerekbo go this off season. Bring in Yab and Zizc to replace them.

Start of 2017/18
IT, Brown, Crowder, Horford, KO
Rozier, Smart, Jackson*, Saric*, Zizc
DJ, Mickey, Isaac*, Yab, Wolves pick.

Plenty of cap available for a max guy in 2018 if ya don't pick option on KO, DJ and Mickey. Then it's starters of IT, Brown, Crowder, Horford, and your pick of PG or Cousins. With a young bench lead by Smart who should by then be a 6th man of the year candidate.

« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2017, 09:34:21 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
First choice is Blake.  Now it depends on "extreme Health vetting".

With the development of his jump shot, his passing ability, and his ability to draw a defense, he would be a huge addition to the Celtic's crunch time/playoff time half court offense. 

Second choice is Hayward.  Gives the Celtics the true offensive threat.  Makes it harder for teams to just put their best long defender on IT. 

Millsap is not on my list.  Older, undersized PF, I don't think he will age well.

Rather use the cap space in a trade.

Agreed.

I'd be happy with either one - but I don't expect the Celtics to do anything this summer.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2017, 09:36:55 AM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I would take Griffin all the way.  He can score, he can rebound, he can rim run.  Blake could be our new starting power forward and slide in next to Horford.  Oh he can also space the floor decently enough with his 34% 3pt shot so he won't kill spacing. 

He adds a very athletic 20 ppg scorer to the Celtics.  I'd take him over Hayward, even though that would probably be Steven's favorite, I feel the fit is better for our team needs with Blake Griffin.