Author Topic: C's contact Bogut's representatives  (Read 5438 times)

Re: C's contact Bogut's representatives
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2017, 09:52:24 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Boston and Utah over those other contenders, hahaha hahaha hahaha

I don't see what's funny.  Boston is the #2 seed in the East and has a chronic need for rebounding.  That means Bogut would get more playing time here and a better chance to showcase himself, raising his free agent value in the future.

update:
Some guy named Tim MacMahon tweeted that Bogut will join the Cavs.
http://basketballbicker.com/andrew-bogut-signing-cleveland-cavaliers-cavs-ready-gsw/

"Two Mavs sources say they expect Andrew Bogut will choose to join the Cavaliers once he receives a buyout from the 76ers."
and that completes the 'Varrejao for Bogut swap'  lol

« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2017, 10:07:58 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Not happening, predictably.

He has just announced he's signing with Cleveland.

Thank God. Grousbeck will save a buck or two.

Is this from Bogut, or someone who represents him, or is this the tweet about "two Mavs execs" opinion?

EDIT: I'll believe it when it comes from a more reliable source.

i.e. Someone who agrees with me.

LOL.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2017, 10:13:35 AM »

Offline YoungOne87

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 65
I think we should rather go after Terrence Jones and hope to get lucky with him.

« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2017, 10:17:57 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I think we should rather go after Terrence Jones and hope to get lucky with him.
Wait, Terrence Jones got waived? Isn't he, like, a 25-year-old, serviceable NBA player? I'm confused.

What's even more confusing is that he's on a vet minimum contract and possibly could have been had for nothing, and yet we weren't interested?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2017, 10:34:05 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Wait, Terrence Jones got waived? Isn't he, like, a 25-year-old, serviceable NBA player? I'm confused.

What's even more confusing is that he's on a vet minimum contract and possibly could have been had for nothing, and yet we weren't interested?

Can't tell if you're being sarcastic, but the fact that he's 25 years old and already on a vet min contract should question his serviceability to an extent (not to mention that he cleared waivers). But generally players don't get claimed when they're bought in the week after the trade deadline, because teams are scared of angering agents.

« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2017, 10:50:52 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Can't tell if you're being sarcastic, but the fact that he's 25 years old and already on a vet min contract should question his serviceability to an extent (not to mention that he cleared waivers). But generally players don't get claimed when they're bought in the week after the trade deadline, because teams are scared of angering agents.
Well, his teams saw fit to play him 20+ minutes a game every season after his rookie year, and he's had decent production in limited minutes. He also started 100+ games over 4+ years Maybe he isn't exactly a world beater, but he's at least an established, useful NBA player.

As a minimum, he's Jordan Mickey with a real three point shot.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2017, 10:59:58 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Well, his teams saw fit to play him 20+ minutes a game every season after his rookie year, and he's had decent production in limited minutes. He also started 100+ games over 4+ years Maybe he isn't exactly a world beater, but he's at least an established, useful NBA player.

As a minimum, he's Jordan Mickey with a real three point shot.

Don't get me wrong, I've been advocating Jones in place of Mickey since before the trade deadline, when I proposed the two be traded for each other with the Cleveland 2nd also heading to New Orleans if necessary, because he's worth a look and can't be any less useful than Mickey.

But the Rockets non-tendered him in free agency, and the best offer he could find was a one-year deal at the minimum?  That's not how it usually works with serviceable 25 year-olds with four years of experience.  Accordingly, I'm willing to bet that 30 NBA teams know something we don't, and his serviceability should be called into question.

« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2017, 11:20:40 AM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
Seems like a waste for him to go to the Cavs.  They really don't need him and I can't see him playing at all beyond the first round of the playoffs.  Doesn't seem to be  reason to go other than just being vindictive towards Golden State.

Great words from a great man