Author Topic: C's contact Bogut's representatives  (Read 5447 times)

Re: C's contact Bogut's representatives
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2017, 11:55:28 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
Yeah, Bogut missed his chance at ring last year. He'll go to Cleveland no doubt.

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2017, 12:00:23 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Yeah, Bogut missed his chance at ring last year. He'll go to Cleveland no doubt.

He already got a ring. What he wants is a chance to showcase himself for his next and last contract.

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2017, 12:14:22 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
this move could be helpful to the celtics, but i have questions on how much it will help?

It'll help in two ways, much like PJ Tucker would've helped in two ways.

First, whatever he gives us will be more than Mickey gives us.

Two, it keeps them away from a potential playoff opponent and EC rival.

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2017, 01:24:03 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
To see Andrew Bogut don a Celtics jersey would be a dream come true for me.

One of my favorite players, he will solve the rebounding and rim protection issues that we have, as long as he's on the floor playing.

At the same time, we pry him away from Cleveland. Get it done, Danny.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2017, 01:35:46 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
this move could be helpful to the celtics, but i have questions on how much it will help?

how many minutes will bogut get under CBS' pace and space system? are we assuming he will get 20+ minutes a night? (at dallas, a crappy team, he got 22.4/game and has 8.3 rebounds).

how many more rebounds a game will result over which ever celtic player he replaces? amir plays around 20 minutes a night and pulls down 4.6 rebounds under CBS' system.

if bogut achieves his season averages across the board (meaning CBS let's him play under the basket more than he lets amir do so), he might be better than amir. (bogut has slight edges in assists, blocks, etc.) good!  ;D

so, bogut might very well be an upgrade. but my question is how much of an upgrade? will the difference/upgrade result in many more victories?

I don't think that you are looking at what a TREMENDOUS rim protector Bogut is IF healthy.  I think he had the highest defensive RPM of any center before he got hurt!!!  He is the real deal on D.  Rebounding is just a plus!!!!

Smitty77

Do you know what the formula behind RPM is? I haven't found it anywhere and it throws up some anomalies, I want to check how legit it is

I am not sure of the exact formula.  That being said, he was named to the second team All-NBA Defensive team in 2015 which means that he was a top 10 defender in the entire NBA.

http://www.nba.com/warriors/news/green-bogut-all-defensive-teams-20150520/

Smitty77

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2017, 01:39:55 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
To see Andrew Bogut don a Celtics jersey would be a dream come true for me.

One of my favorite players, he will solve the rebounding and rim protection issues that we have, as long as he's on the floor playing.

At the same time, we pry him away from Cleveland. Get it done, Danny.

I would be happy to land him also if he could stay healthy enough to play and not be watching from the bench with Bradley.

I wonder though what his incentive would be to join the Celts as opposed to the other options?

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2017, 01:45:06 PM »

Offline rayallen_35_24

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 6
this is from the herald the other day...when i read it, it just sounds like bogut wants to sign here or we rally want him? is it just me?

Philadelphia general manager Bryan Colangelo indicated to reporters yesterday that he will probably buy out Andrew Bogut’s contract soon, giving the 32-year-old center a chance to sign with the Celtics.

Though he reportedly has interest from his former Golden State team as well as Cleveland, the C’s are expected to make a strong push. Bogut would help them in two of their weakest areas — rebounding and rim protection.

The deadline for players to be on a team’s roster and eligible for the playoffs is Wednesday. At that point, the Celtics expect to have just enough space under the cap to sign Bogut to a minimum-type deal.

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2017, 01:48:25 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
this is from the herald the other day...when i read it, it just sounds like bogut wants to sign here or we rally want him? is it just me?

Philadelphia general manager Bryan Colangelo indicated to reporters yesterday that he will probably buy out Andrew Bogut’s contract soon, giving the 32-year-old center a chance to sign with the Celtics.

Though he reportedly has interest from his former Golden State team as well as Cleveland, the C’s are expected to make a strong push. Bogut would help them in two of their weakest areas — rebounding and rim protection.

The deadline for players to be on a team’s roster and eligible for the playoffs is Wednesday. At that point, the Celtics expect to have just enough space under the cap to sign Bogut to a minimum-type deal.

Yes this article would definitely seem to favor the Celts but is he/she speaking as a Bogut representative or just that particular person's opinion? I hope it's true.

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2017, 01:52:25 PM »

Offline rayallen_35_24

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 6

Yes this article would definitely seem to favor the Celts but is he/she speaking as a Bogut representative or just that particular person's opinion? I hope it's true.

yeah this part, giving him a chanc to sign with the celtics...after the buy out.

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2017, 02:07:02 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

To nitpick here: the Celtics don't need to be under the cap to sign a guy to a minimum deal. I also don't think we used our Room Exception, so the Celts could offer more salary than, say, Cleveland (but less than Houston).

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2017, 02:13:14 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

It is from the Boston Herald, so it's from a Celtics-centered view.

« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2017, 02:20:55 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
If he's healthy, and can actually stay healthy, he'll help on defense, with rebounding, and adding some actual additional much needed size.

Plus he knows how to exist in an offense like the C's choose to play, from playing on Golden State.

This is a no brainer.

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2017, 04:00:38 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Not happening, predictably.

He has just announced he's signing with Cleveland.

Thank God. Grousbeck will save a buck or two.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2017, 04:57:44 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Not happening, predictably.

He has just announced he's signing with Cleveland.

Thank God. Grousbeck will save a buck or two.

Is this from Bogut, or someone who represents him, or is this the tweet about "two Mavs execs" opinion?

EDIT: I'll believe it when it comes from a more reliable source.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 06:02:28 PM by csfansince60s »

« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2017, 09:45:41 AM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Boston and Utah over those other contenders, hahaha hahaha hahaha

I don't see what's funny.  Boston is the #2 seed in the East and has a chronic need for rebounding.  That means Bogut would get more playing time here and a better chance to showcase himself, raising his free agent value in the future.

update:
Some guy named Tim MacMahon tweeted that Bogut will join the Cavs.
http://basketballbicker.com/andrew-bogut-signing-cleveland-cavaliers-cavs-ready-gsw/

"Two Mavs sources say they expect Andrew Bogut will choose to join the Cavaliers once he receives a buyout from the 76ers."
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 09:50:56 AM by vjcsmoke »