Author Topic: C's contact Bogut's representatives  (Read 5472 times)

C's contact Bogut's representatives
« on: February 26, 2017, 08:47:43 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Cleveland, San Antonio, Houston, Boston and Utah have had discussions with Bogut’s representatives over the last 24 hours, league sources said. 2 hours ago – via Yahoo! Sports

He would certainly help rim protection and rebounding. Plus unlike those other teams he would get to play 25 mpg here/possibly be a starter.

Get it done Danny!

Re: C's contact Bogut's representatives
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2017, 08:51:55 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Cleveland, San Antonio, Houston, Boston and Utah have had discussions with Bogut’s representatives over the last 24 hours, league sources said. 2 hours ago – via Yahoo! Sports

He would certainly help rim protection and rebounding. Plus unlike those other teams he would get to play 25 mpg here/possibly be a starter.

Get it done Danny!

Bogut isn't capable of playing 25 minutes a game anywhere, not if you want him for the post-season at least.

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2017, 08:53:36 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 365
Ya if he wants to rebuild his value. Celtics are the best shot to give him playing time.

He would fill a huge need for us.

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2017, 08:59:28 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
this move could be helpful to the celtics, but i have questions on how much it will help?

how many minutes will bogut get under CBS' pace and space system? are we assuming he will get 20+ minutes a night? (at dallas, a crappy team, he got 22.4/game and has 8.3 rebounds).

how many more rebounds a game will result over which ever celtic player he replaces? amir plays around 20 minutes a night and pulls down 4.6 rebounds under CBS' system.

if bogut achieves his season averages across the board (meaning CBS let's him play under the basket more than he lets amir do so), he might be better than amir. (bogut has slight edges in assists, blocks, etc.) good!  ;D

so, bogut might very well be an upgrade. but my question is how much of an upgrade? will the difference/upgrade result in many more victories?
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2017, 09:41:24 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
this move could be helpful to the celtics, but i have questions on how much it will help?

how many minutes will bogut get under CBS' pace and space system? are we assuming he will get 20+ minutes a night? (at dallas, a crappy team, he got 22.4/game and has 8.3 rebounds).

how many more rebounds a game will result over which ever celtic player he replaces? amir plays around 20 minutes a night and pulls down 4.6 rebounds under CBS' system.

if bogut achieves his season averages across the board (meaning CBS let's him play under the basket more than he lets amir do so), he might be better than amir. (bogut has slight edges in assists, blocks, etc.) good!  ;D

so, bogut might very well be an upgrade. but my question is how much of an upgrade? will the difference/upgrade result in many more victories?

I don't think that you are looking at what a TREMENDOUS rim protector Bogut is IF healthy.  I think he had the highest defensive RPM of any center before he got hurt!!!  He is the real deal on D.  Rebounding is just a plus!!!!

Smitty77

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2017, 09:44:40 AM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
Boston and Utah over those other contenders, hahaha hahaha hahaha

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2017, 09:56:32 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

I don't think that you are looking at what a TREMENDOUS rim protector Bogut is IF healthy.  I think he had the highest defensive RPM of any center before he got hurt!!!  He is the real deal on D.  Rebounding is just a plus!!!!

Smitty77

Bogut is also an exceptional passer and sets great screens, which will set up teammates on and off the ball.

He's also a VERY underrated rim-runner!
This is from last season, but there were many more with Delly this summer with Australia.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoiB2Ig9fZQ

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2017, 09:56:34 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Not sure why Utah would contact them - they have enough rim protection.

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2017, 10:03:31 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

They're under the salary floor and have money to burn, so why not?  Also, he went to college in Utah, so there's probably some local interest.

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2017, 10:37:00 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199

Smitty77

Do you know what the formula behind RPM is? I haven't found it anywhere and it throws up some anomalies, I want to check how legit it is

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2017, 11:02:54 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372

Injuries happen.  It is the main reason I would want Bogut here - Amir goes down this team has no center.

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2017, 11:05:23 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2952
  • On To Banner 18!

Injuries happen.  It is the main reason I would want Bogut here - Amir goes down this team has no center.

Idk.. it feels that way already..

Horford needs to step up, same with Olynyk on the boards.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2017, 11:11:47 AM »

Offline Texstyles

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 44
I'm ok with this but prefer Jones or even Sully for that matter.  Danny chose not to go for a championship this year when he "stayed pat", so why do this now.  Adding a Jones would be like a tryout for the future.

As for Sully we know what he brings, but we can see what Him and Horford look like side by side.

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2017, 11:33:30 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
I'm ok with this but prefer Jones or even Sully for that matter.  Danny chose not to go for a championship this year when he "stayed pat", so why do this now.  Adding a Jones would be like a tryout for the future.

As for Sully we know what he brings, but we can see what Him and Horford look like side by side.

I totally disagree with your statement about NOT GOING for a championship this year!!!!  Even IF we had picked up George OR Butler OR Drummond, we were NOT winning a championship THIS year!!  We only had 25 games to play after the break, and now I believe 24.  That is NOT enough time to gel with a new star and truly challenge the GS's, Cavs, SA, etc. of the NBA!!

In my opinion, if we sign Jones and Bogut, we have added as much OR MORE than the Raptors!!  Bogut's PER NEVER EVER told or tells the entire story of his IMPACT on games and it NEVER will!!!  Terrence Jones has a 16.88 PER average for his 5 years in the NBA.  He is remarkably underrated IMHO!!!!  And to top all of this off, Ainge will virtually be giving up NOTHING to add these two, IF he can and chooses to do so, other than dropping two players and eating a small amount of salary!!

Smitty77

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2017, 11:48:28 AM »

Offline blackbird

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 64

Get it done Danny!

I think he'll get a lot of minutes in Cleveland, too. Especially on a second unit with his former teammate Deron Williams. They've got Tristan Thompson and... who else? Great situation for him, IMO.