Author Topic: Lonzo Ball's Dad misquoted but claims Ball is only interested in the Lakers  (Read 6543 times)

Re: Lonzo Ball's Dad misquoted but claims Ball is only interested in the Lakers
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2017, 04:39:04 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 987
Also from a dispassionate general NBA fan perspective I'd love for see Lonzo to be drafted by LA. No disrespect to the old school, Boston against the world crowd, but I prefer it when our storied rivals Like New York, Detroit, LA Lakers are good enough to put up a fight.

Imagine Lonzo Ball reincarnating the LA Showtime era enough to draw Paul George back home. That's a great storyline and I'd enjoy rooting against that team a lot more than the indifference that I feel toward their current roster.
That sounds like a nightmare lol

Hehe, but how sweet would it be if we out execute them at every level?

Stevens read and react system trumps Ball Ball

Gordon Hayward outplays Paul George. (if I'm giving the Lakers Paul George, then we get Hayward)

Zizic Vs Zubac

Horford shuts down Randle.

Fultz/Smart > Ball/Russell

A man can dream.

Horford isn't shutting down anyone, especially Julius Randle lol.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2017, 04:39:20 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
If we draft Ball I think Danny would trade IT and build team around Ball's style of play.

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2017, 07:22:34 AM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Also from a dispassionate general NBA fan perspective I'd love for see Lonzo to be drafted by LA. No disrespect to the old school, Boston against the world crowd, but I prefer it when our storied rivals Like New York, Detroit, LA Lakers are good enough to put up a fight.

Imagine Lonzo Ball reincarnating the LA Showtime era enough to draw Paul George back home. That's a great storyline and I'd enjoy rooting against that team a lot more than the indifference that I feel toward their current roster.
That sounds like a nightmare lol

Hehe, but how sweet would it be if we out execute them at every level?

Stevens read and react system trumps Ball Ball

Gordon Hayward outplays Paul George. (if I'm giving the Lakers Paul George, then we get Hayward)

Zizic Vs Zubac

Horford shuts down Randle.

Fultz/Smart > Ball/Russell

A man can dream.

Horford isn't shutting down anyone, especially Julius Randle lol.
Dancing Bear is going to shut down Randle.

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2017, 07:42:32 AM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 64
We wouldn't draft Ball anyway, unless it was for another team.

C's draft Board should be:

1. Fultz
2. Jackson
3. Ball

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2017, 08:03:09 AM »

Offline OhioGreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 55
The big problem I see with this story is "the bigger story", and that is you don't see great college players saying they only want to be drafted by the Celtics.  You don't see great free agents saying they will only sign with the Celtics!  You don't see young potential stars saying they want to be the next Larry Bird, or a free agent like Hasan Whiteside saying he wants to go to the Celtics cause he wants to be the next Bill Russell!  But the Lakers, Magic, Showtime.....they're all over it!
As long as the young and talented would rather play elsewhere, we're going to have a hard time raising banner 18!

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2017, 08:33:25 AM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum
The big problem I see with this story is "the bigger story", and that is you don't see great college players saying they only want to be drafted by the Celtics.  You don't see great free agents saying they will only sign with the Celtics!  You don't see young potential stars saying they want to be the next Larry Bird, or a free agent like Hasan Whiteside saying he wants to go to the Celtics cause he wants to be the next Bill Russell!  But the Lakers, Magic, Showtime.....they're all over it!
As long as the young and talented would rather play elsewhere, we're going to have a hard time raising banner 18!

Why would anyone want to come to Boston though, unless you were raised here? The weather sucks, the nightlife leaves much to be desired, and the most celebrated Celtic is Bird. That's why we need Brilliant GMs like Ainge to make the impossible, possible. And its just another reason why its so satisfying when we win.

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2017, 08:47:47 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

Why would anyone want to come to Boston though, unless you were raised here? The weather sucks, the nightlife leaves much to be desired, and the most celebrated Celtic is Bird. That's why we need Brilliant GMs like Ainge to make the impossible, possible. And its just another reason why its so satisfying when we win.
really? some folks on this board are still making the overstatement, the simplistic overstatement, that "anyone" (meaning every free agent?) would reject boston as a destination due to weather?

horford is forgotten already?

and of course weather is such a determining factor that famously Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ty-weather locations such as new york, detroit, toronto, seattle, portland, minnesota, philly, indiana, and cleveland never land free agents. not ever.

and are we to believe that each and everyone free agent thinks this way, unless they were born there? (and the ball clan is thinking this way about LA due to the weather and NOT being from there?)

honestly, if you wish to invoke weather as a crucial factor in free agent decision making, do so in  a more nuanced and sophisticated fashion.

show which free agents specifically stated "weather" as a factor and then acknowledge that some other free agents did NOT see it as a key factor.

until then, this analysis is tired and overly simplistic.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2017, 09:18:14 AM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585

id rather them stay down in the gutter and never get near sniffing that 17th banner
Greg

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2017, 09:27:56 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

id rather them stay down in the gutter and never get near sniffing that 17th banner
Let's win #18 and #19.  Then they can get good and we can beat them for #20. 

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2017, 09:29:17 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
I hate when players try to dictate where they are drafted. sends a bad signal IMO.

« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2017, 09:34:04 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
I hate when players try to dictate where they are drafted. sends a bad signal IMO.
though a question to ask is how much the father's statement is embraced by the son in this case.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2017, 09:43:29 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Lonzo has got to step up and say "Dad, stop messing with my money!". He can pull a Paaul George in 5 years or so but keep quiet for now.

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2017, 09:44:09 AM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum

really? some folks on this board are still making the overstatement, the simplistic overstatement, that "anyone" (meaning every free agent?) would reject boston as a destination due to weather?

horford is forgotten already?

and of course weather is such a determining factor that famously ****ty-weather locations such as new york, detroit, toronto, seattle, portland, minnesota, philly, indiana, and cleveland never land free agents. not ever.

and are we to believe that each and everyone free agent thinks this way, unless they were born there? (and the ball clan is thinking this way about LA due to the weather and NOT being from there?)

honestly, if you wish to invoke weather as a crucial factor in free agent decision making, do so in  a more nuanced and sophisticated fashion.

show which free agents specifically stated "weather" as a factor and then acknowledge that some other free agents did NOT see it as a key factor.

until then, this analysis is tired and overly simplistic.

Youre so hell bent on weather alone when its just one aspect of why Boston isn't attractive to a person not from New England. Ive lived in Boston 39 years and the weather blows imo. It doesn't make me dislike Boston but I understand why people would be put off. NYC has a fantastic nightlife for people of all demographics, unlike Boston. Even Providence has a better nightlife these days, which is pretty pathetic. Im just asking the question: What makes Boston an attractive city besides Celtics history, which most people outside of New England despise anyhow?

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2017, 10:26:18 AM »

Offline bellerephon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 52
All this talk about Boston being unable to attract players is greatly exaggerated. Weather and night life are factors to many players, but they are far from the main factors. Players want to go to a team that can pay them big money, that has a chance to win, and plays a style that they want to play. Some players value money more, some a chance to win, and others style of play, but these factors are far more important than weather. The Celtics got real interest from free agents this time around because they had money to spend and a winning team. They got Horford and KD chose the Warriors because they had a better chance to win the title.

With respect to Ball I think this is a case of his father's fandom getting the best of him. As a big Lakers fan he would like nothing more than for his son to play in LA, but there's no way that Ball would torpedo his own career by refusing to play for another team or not doing his best.