Author Topic: Instead Of Blaming Isaiah, How About Blaming This Anemic Frontcourt?  (Read 758 times)

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
Can't rebound against GREAT teams.

Have trouble defending against opposing centers (even third string ones..)

Can't compete with others in the paint so we have to rely on jump shots and 3s so much.

Lackluster effort at times (not even going after obtainable rebounds - Horford and Olynyk).

Allows the other teams to easily triple team IT (because lets be honest, most opposing teams have no fear of our "Bigs" so they sort of let them do their own thing and focus on our sole scoring threat - Isaiah).

Ainge better get this front court fixed within the next 2 years otherwise we aren't contending at all.

Since Perkins, when have we gotten a BIG who could pose problems for other teams on both ends of the court and rebound??

And yes, #2 scorer is a NEED, but it won't really matter if our front court lets the ELITE opposition get like 15-20 extra possessions a game..  ::)

I get this is not our year obviously, but it baffles me Ainge didn't even make a minor move for someone like Tucker (who was essentially acquired for two second round picks). But according to him, we won't get Terrence Jones either because he "likes the current progress of our front court and doesn't want to ruin it"  ::)

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Re: Instead Of Blaming Isaiah, How About Blaming This Anemic Frontcourt?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 07:58:21 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Or put the blame where it properly lies...danny ainge

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 07:59:26 PM »

Offline Dannys Chipotle Guy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 48
I was unaware we were blaming Isaiah and honestly Im not sure if anyone needs to be blamed at all.

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2017, 08:00:20 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Or put the blame where it properly lies...danny ainge

Partially yes. Look I know he's gotten us to this point, but this front court still looks bad and Zizic certainly won't fix it at least for his first few years.

You could add PG13/Butler to this team and even Hayward. We STILL have the BIGS problem.

Idk how Ainge will fix it unless he makes a trade.

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2017, 08:01:51 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
I was unaware we were blaming Isaiah and honestly Im not sure if anyone needs to be blamed at all.

Not directly, but suddenly you see like three "Isaiah is not worth a max contract" threads and "IT is hurting us late in games when he can't score" etc. etc.

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2017, 08:09:03 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922

Exactly. Nobody is blaming IT. Pretty much everyone realizes that our bigs are the problem. Our five man rotation of guards and wings of IT, AB, Jae, Smart, and Brown is actually really, really strong, but our bigs rotations is incredibly lacking for our needs.

That being said, there's a big difference between blaming IT for our current struggles and being hesitant to max out a 30 year old severely undersized PG that relies on his speed and athleticism to score.

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2017, 08:12:37 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I still can't believe there wasn't a bigger letdown around here after Boogie's trade.  Was it not the most popular pipe dream on Celticsblog for years running?   
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 08:29:26 PM by tarheelsxxiii »
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2017, 08:24:21 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
DA has sucked in improving the front court. Imo they ask too much of them. Let a guy be great at rebounding and defending while weak at passing and shooting threes. They are fine when the opposite after all. They need recognize what had worked for 30+ years.