Author Topic: NBA looking into IT making "gun gesture" toward Carroll during scrum  (Read 2810 times)

Re: NBA looking into IT making "gun gesture" toward Carroll during scrum
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2017, 11:11:46 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Glad IT wasn't fined.

On the other hand a real out of character move by Carroll. He should've been tossed. Really dangerous to do that move while someone's running ahead of you like that.

NBA sends strange messages sometimes. I hope the NBA pays attention to DeMarre in future contests and especially vs BOS.

Isaiah was correct - Carroll's a non-factor in TOR right now. His best days are seemingly behind him and he's now resorting to "being an enforcer" it seems.

I don't know what you mean by out of character the last two TOR games I have watched Carroll has been outright thuggish.

Speaking of Perk what is he doing these days..............

Getting fitted for a walker and filling out his AARP application.

I don't miss Perkins at all (although I appreciate his contributions to #17).  Basketball is a much more beautiful game with bigs like Embiid and Olynyk (to name two modern bigs widely divergent on the talent spectrum) than players with a skillset like Perkins.

Perk had a limited skill set even when paired with KG, Ray, Paul and Rondo. But he filled a key role, though - as our Enforcer.

He had an innate gift of being a tough guy without elbowing people to the ground (DeMarre), and yet you rarely (if ever) saw him get tossed or teed up.

If you came into the middle, you were either going to get blocked OR a hard foul - a la Perkins.

We don't have that, now. In Brad's system such a Center would not work, unfortunately.

His moving screens were frustrating, though. But I loved Perk.

Perk going to OKC in that trade upset our team Chemistry in so many ways - even though I understood why Danny did it. This makes me appreciate even moreso the hesitancy of DA to let go of certain players RIGHT NOW.

I think Danny Ainge has FINALLY learned an important lesson and I'm glad for it.

Miss you, Perk - wherever you are.