Author Topic: NBA looking into IT making "gun gesture" toward Carroll during scrum  (Read 2809 times)

Re: NBA looking into IT making "gun gesture" toward Carroll during scrum
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2017, 08:22:23 PM »

Online A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
So what happens when all of these 3 pt shooters out there make gun animations with their hands? Some of those imaginary bullets would have to be hitting people in the stands.
#JKJB

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2017, 08:27:46 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
So what happens when all of these 3 pt shooters out there make gun animations with their hands? Some of those imaginary bullets would have to be hitting people in the stands.

That kind of stuff literally happens in Turkish leagues.  They're nutty and I love it.  Celtics should park an international scout there 9 months of the year.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2017, 08:36:02 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932

Yep, it's arbitrary and ridiculous. More nanny state, agenda-pushing BS from the NBA. It's just like when Durant got fined for his "menacing throat cut" motion. So ridiculous.

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2017, 08:39:20 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
https://twitter.com/michaelgrange/status/835661183642394624

No fine for IT. NBA (rightfully) didn't feel like it was meant as a gun gesture.

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2017, 08:41:13 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

No fine for IT. NBA (rightfully) didn't feel like it was meant as a gun gesture.

Yeah, they got this one right.  Too few tiny guns on the market to interpret this as a realistic threat. 
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2017, 08:43:24 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
Did you guys notice that IT didnt get fined (or maybe I missed it) for criticizing the ref's following that Jimmy Butler foul?

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2017, 08:49:54 PM »

Offline fantankerous

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122

Yeah, they got this one right.  Too few tiny guns on the market to interpret this as a realistic threat.

I've got a little two-two
I named her Peggie Sue
When I'm off in the club
She fits right in my shoe

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2017, 08:51:04 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Glad IT wasn't fined.

On the other hand a real out of character move by Carroll. He should've been tossed. Really dangerous to do that move while someone's running ahead of you like that.

NBA sends strange messages sometimes. I hope the NBA pays attention to DeMarre in future contests and especially vs BOS.

Isaiah was correct - Carroll's a non-factor in TOR right now. His best days are seemingly behind him and he's now resorting to "being an enforcer" it seems.

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2017, 09:04:22 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Glad IT wasn't fined.

On the other hand a real out of character move by Carroll. He should've been tossed. Really dangerous to do that move while someone's running ahead of you like that.

NBA sends strange messages sometimes. I hope the NBA pays attention to DeMarre in future contests and especially vs BOS.

Isaiah was correct - Carroll's a non-factor in TOR right now. His best days are seemingly behind him and he's now resorting to "being an enforcer" it seems.

I don't know what you mean by out of character the last two TOR games I have watched Carroll has been outright thuggish.

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2017, 09:05:14 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
I thought the criteria for a Flagrant-2 was a deliberate act that does not involve going for the ball or making a basketball play. This is what that play looked like to me, like Carroll just flat-out pushed IT—not a basketball play, and not trying to make a play on the ball.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2017, 09:08:03 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Glad IT wasn't fined.

I don't know what you mean by out of character the last two TOR games I have watched Carroll has been outright thuggish.

But not to the point of elbowing someone in the back to the ground, though.

I miss the Kendrick Perkins days - where you could be physical and yet not be outright over the top. That is one thing this team is missing.

Speaking of Perk what is he doing these days..............

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2017, 09:28:43 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
Did you guys notice that IT didnt get fined (or maybe I missed it) for criticizing the ref's following that Jimmy Butler foul?

That's right, at least I never heard anything about it. Crazy. Might've been a justified thing by the league since it was such a bad call, and they thought they could get away with it by it being All Star Weekend.

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2017, 09:31:20 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
I 'm guilty of the IT crime .     :(

I was five years old , my friend shot me with his finger gun ,  but I told him he missed ,  I fired back with my finger gun ......I did not miss .....I told him to lay down , he was dead.

Don't play around with finger guns.

United States of the Offended.

« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2017, 10:12:03 PM »

Offline fantankerous

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
Glad IT wasn't fined.

Speaking of Perk what is he doing these days..............

Getting fitted for a walker and filling out his AARP application.

I don't miss Perkins at all (although I appreciate his contributions to #17).  Basketball is a much more beautiful game with bigs like Embiid and Olynyk (to name two modern bigs widely divergent on the talent spectrum) than players with a skillset like Perkins.

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2017, 10:48:27 PM »

Offline Rainmaker

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 10
  • The Truth
I 'm guilty of the IT crime .     :(

I was five years old , my friend shot me with his finger gun ,  but I told him he missed ,  I fired back with my finger gun ......I did not miss .....I told him to lay down , he was dead.

Don't play around with finger guns.

United States of the Offended.

I shot rubber bands! I think IT shot a rubber band.  Can you get fined for shooting rubber bands? Or making a rubber band gesture?
Love never fails. Character never quits. And with patience and persistence, dreams do come true.
-Pistol Pete Maravich-