Author Topic: Fake News >> Celts get George and Butler per Dallas sports talk radio  (Read 811 times)

Offline MikeB12

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 28
Dang it...I thought it was too good to be true when I heard on Dallas sports talk radio that the Mavs and Celtics had made trades before the deadline.

I wasn't totally happy but I started to like the idea of having George and Butler in the starting lineup to go with Horford and Thomas even if Crowder, Smart, Zeller and the high draft picks were part of the trade.

I thought this trade would upgrade the C's offense and defense and at least give the Cavs a run for their $ in the East.

What a downer when I saw a report that Danny couldn't pull the trigger!  Does he really think there are players of the caliber of George and Butler in the draft...hah!

Last night proved the Celtics have issues that will prevent them from getting past the Cavs and apparently even the Raptors in the playoffs.  Blowing a 17 pt lead...

MikeB

Re: Fake News >> Celts get George and Butler per Dallas sports talk radio
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 04:55:35 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Dang it...I thought it was too good to be true when I heard on Dallas sports talk radio that the Mavs and Celtics had made trades before the deadline.

I wasn't totally happy but I started to like the idea of having George and Butler in the starting lineup to go with Horford and Thomas even if Crowder, Smart, Zeller and the high draft picks were part of the trade.

I thought this trade would upgrade the C's offense and defense and at least give the Cavs a run for their $ in the East.

What a downer when I saw a report that Danny couldn't pull the trigger!  Does he really think there are players of the caliber of George and Butler in the draft...hah!

Last night proved the Celtics have issues that will prevent them from getting past the Cavs and apparently even the Raptors in the playoffs.  Blowing a 17 pt lead...

MikeB

Yawn, another overreactionary thread.

Do you seriously think George is worth a top 3 pick, Crowder, and Bradley or Smart, PLUS Jaylen Brown?
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 05:55:11 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Alternative facts!

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2017, 05:58:36 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
My favorite part of this thread is that we landed both Butler and George, but you weren't totally happy about it.  ;)

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2017, 08:51:15 PM »

Offline MikeB12

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 28
Roy H - guess you missed the fact when I thought about the fake trade, I did like it which is why I was disappointed.    ???

Mike