Author Topic: When does Jones clear waivers?  (Read 3457 times)

When does Jones clear waivers?
« on: February 25, 2017, 11:59:59 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
It looks like they waived him around two days ago.

Any update on when he might clear waivers?  What time today?

http://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/basketball/news/terrence-jones-waived-by-pelicans/

Thanks,

Smitty77

Re: When does Jones clear waivers?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 12:14:12 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Cleveland will get him and deron williams..just wait and see..but we got 14 picks in nex t 5 years so that going help us :p
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 12:16:10 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
Reportedly Jones is interested in joining the Celtics. No word on whether the Celtics are interested in him though.

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2017, 12:21:35 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
Cleveland will get him and deron williams..just wait and see..but we got 14 picks in nex t 5 years so that going help us :p

Can we stop propagating this false ideology? Its simply not how the waiver wire works. CLE needs every team below them to pass on the waived player for either A) Their waiver claim to succeed or B) the player to clear waivers, become a FA and choose the cavs

Granted this comment may have been sarcastic, but I have seen this thought process too much around here. And with Jones' bargain of a contract, its nearly impossible he clears waivers

@Smitty, its 48 hours after the offical waive time that the period for submitting a claim ends. At that time the player is either given to the team who claims him (Worst record in event of multi team ties,) or he becomes a FA and his salary stays on NOs books.

The difficulty arrises when I have still yet to see when exactly he was waived. All I have heard is that it was after the trade deadline on thursday, so we have atleast until 3pm today to wait. I want him bad, and this is killing me haha.
#JKJB

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2017, 12:27:15 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Reportedly Jones is interested in joining the Celtics. No word on whether the Celtics are interested in him though.

Is he a point guard? If not Then the answer is probably no.  If he would give us immediate frontcourt help then the answer is probably no. :P

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2017, 01:06:42 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

Can we stop propagating this false ideology? Its simply not how the waiver wire works. CLE needs every team below them to pass on the waived player for either A) Their waiver claim to succeed or B) the player to clear waivers, become a FA and choose the cavs

Granted this comment may have been sarcastic, but I have seen this thought process too much around here. And with Jones' bargain of a contract, its nearly impossible he clears waivers

@Smitty, its 48 hours after the offical waive time that the period for submitting a claim ends. At that time the player is either given to the team who claims him (Worst record in event of multi team ties,) or he becomes a FA and his salary stays on NOs books.

The difficulty arrises when I have still yet to see when exactly he was waived. All I have heard is that it was after the trade deadline on thursday, so we have atleast until 3pm today to wait. I want him bad, and this is killing me haha.

Thanks buddy.  Terrence would be a really nice pick up.

Smitty77

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2017, 03:47:29 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
I think he was waived around 4:38pm on Thursday.  That is the best I could find.

http://www.lex18.com/story/34588120/terrence-jones-waived-by-pelicans-in-mutual-decision

Smitty77

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2017, 03:53:40 PM »

• Jim Loscutoff
I think he was waived around 4:38pm on Thursday.  That is the best I could find.

http://www.lex18.com/story/34588120/terrence-jones-waived-by-pelicans-in-mutual-decision

Smitty77

While I share your optimism, that doesnt necessarily mean the waiver was finalized before that announcement. I just want closure haha.
#JKJB

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2017, 03:58:01 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I'm hard pressed to believe Terrence Jones is going to be much help to this team.

This is a man who has truly failed to live up to his potential despite numerous opportunities.  Part of that has been some terrible injury luck, but part of it is also his lack of aggression.  He has never asserted himself when given the opportunity.

I guess he's worth a shot, maybe we'll be able to provide him the environment to finally unlock his potential, but I wouldn't expect much going in.

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2017, 04:02:31 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
I'm hard pressed to believe Terrence Jones is going to be much help to this team.

This is a man who has truly failed to live up to his potential despite numerous opportunities.  Part of that has been some terrible injury luck, but part of it is also his lack of aggression.  He has never asserted himself when given the opportunity.

I guess he's worth a shot, maybe we'll be able to provide him the environment to finally unlock his potential, but I wouldn't expect much going in.

Sounds a lot like Evan Turner  :P

Honestly though, if he does join the team, I wouldn't expect much more than we get from Jerebko (minutes and production wise).  Maybe an extra rebound or two, but he won't have that much of an impact. I hope I'm wrong, though
I'm bitter.

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2017, 04:13:32 PM »

Offline lrybrd

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 18
He has got to be better than Amir.  God - he looks cooked out there. Can't elevate and he cannot catch a pass on the move for his life.  He absolutely killed us last night over a 4-5 minute period in the third quarter. 

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2017, 04:19:03 PM »

• Jim Loscutoff
He has got to be better than Amir.  God - he looks cooked out there. Can't elevate and he cannot catch a pass on the move for his life.  He absolutely killed us last night over a 4-5 minute period in the third quarter.

This is why I want to take a flyer on him. Basically he is a younger amir in play style. At their respective stages of their career Jones is better at guarding the perimeter due to his superior athleticism.

Of course he wont come here and be a world beater, but this team could use him.
#JKJB

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2017, 04:27:56 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
can he shoot tho?

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2017, 04:29:22 PM »

Offline jc3celticsphan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 20

This is why I want to take a flyer on him. Basically he is a younger amir in play style. At their respective stages of their career Jones is better at guarding the perimeter due to his superior athleticism.

Of course he wont come here and be a world beater, but this team could use him.
the same amir who put up 4 points yesterday?

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2017, 04:32:55 PM »

• Jim Loscutoff
#JKJB