Author Topic: No Brinks truck for IT could be why Ainge stood pat at deadline  (Read 4043 times)

Re: No Brinks truck for IT could be why Ainge stood pat at deadline
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2017, 07:36:34 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
I read this a bit differently, mainly that IT is giving Danny an out.

It's pretty clear that if we use the 2017 Brooklyn Pick we'll be coming away with a 5 star prospect at lead guard. IT has 2 options in that case he can either admit that he was never really that good and accept a bench role and lesser contract once the new player is ready to take charge or he can cuss out the Celtics management until they feel the need to trade him to a team where he will be the undisputed starter.

What these comments are is something in between. IT recognizes that the writing is on the wall sooner rather than probably he or Celtics management were hoping and is both praising the Celtics organization for giving him the opportunity and betting on himself that he is absolutely worth his contract and that he'll have to keep his options open for him and his family.

The Lakers comment may have only been so that people could unattach themselves from him easier when the time comes for the trade. Trading away the MVP Candidate face of our franchise and all around good guy who helped recruit Horford seems unfathomable. Trading away a self professed Laker fan who is only interested in his contract is a bit more palatable.

Danny and IT are so close I would not put it pass the 2 of them to have collaborated on what IT would say to save the franchise's face while also making sure IT ends up in the ideal situation. If he get's traded I'd wish him nothing but the best.

LOL, and I consider myself a conspiracy theorist? WOW, how did you come up with this? This is really good. So Danny and IT got together and Danny must have said to IT, 'Dude, I have to get rid of you, so help me out here and go and be the bad guy in public so it will be easier for me to get rid of you?

That is quite interesting, but I do not think the GM can risk his integrity and reputation like that.

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2017, 08:07:53 AM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 64
ITs best friend is Mayweather so him seeing himself in LA doesn't surprise me. There is no I in team but there is in IT. Hes been underpaid for so long that I cant even knock him for wanting to make up for it. The fact that we have other talented guards and a top 3 pick, Im fine with him staying or leaving.

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2017, 08:37:28 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 364
Lol at fans here. We gave horford a max contract and he isnt anywhere near the caliber of player IT is. Hes a nice player but not a star. IT has proven he can carry the team. Horford has disappeared at times

Signing horford and putting BOTH our nets picks on the table for butler or george indicates we are trying to contend. That the other teams turned them down and were asking for nets picks and 3 good players is on those teams.

Danny will swing for the fences again at draft time. And if not they will likely go to plan b which is hayward and draft the pick.

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2017, 12:14:26 PM »

Offline drogbagarnett

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 37
Just like I was expecting, our level of play is dropping and without that super star added at the deadline, our players likely wont be able to maintain that high level of performance they played at the past couple of months... That includes IT. Ainge plans of cost controled by standing pat at the deadline is visibly working so far...

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2017, 12:40:00 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336

It's pretty clear that if we use the 2017 Brooklyn Pick we'll be coming away with a 5 star prospect at lead guard. IT has 2 options in that case he can either admit that he was never really that good and accept a bench role and lesser contract once the new player is ready to take charge or he can cuss out the Celtics management until they feel the need to trade him to a team where he will be the undisputed starter.

What these comments are is something in between. IT recognizes that the writing is on the wall sooner rather than probably he or Celtics management were hoping and is both praising the Celtics organization for giving him the opportunity and betting on himself that he is absolutely worth his contract and that he'll have to keep his options open for him and his family.

The Lakers comment may have only been so that people could unattach themselves from him easier when the time comes for the trade. Trading away the MVP Candidate face of our franchise and all around good guy who helped recruit Horford seems unfathomable. Trading away a self professed Laker fan who is only interested in his contract is a bit more palatable.

Danny and IT are so close I would not put it pass the 2 of them to have collaborated on what IT would say to save the franchise's face while also making sure IT ends up in the ideal situation. If he get's traded I'd wish him nothing but the best.

LOL, and I consider myself a conspiracy theorist? WOW, how did you come up with this? This is really good. So Danny and IT got together and Danny must have said to IT, 'Dude, I have to get rid of you, so help me out here and go and be the bad guy in public so it will be easier for me to get rid of you?

That is quite interesting, but I do not think the GM can risk his integrity and reputation like that.

And the anti-Thomas nonsense on this board, during an MVP caliber season as the ONLY reliable scorer on what would be a lottery team without him, reaches another new low.

Unbelievable.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2017, 12:42:41 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Man, what a conundrum...does he get the max he sorely wants?

Ponder this absolutely HORRIFYING statistic.

"Cavs, Raptors and Wizards score an obscene 122.8 pts/100 with Isaiah Thomas on the floor."

"That's 8 points better than the Warriors offense this season."

https://twitter.com/tomhaberstroh/status/836981359608475648

:-[ :-[ :-[

« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2017, 12:47:59 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437

"Cavs, Raptors and Wizards score an obscene 122.8 pts/100 with Isaiah Thomas on the floor."

I Just saw that. scary stat for a guy who might cost us the max.
(while our other max guy is not really maximizing it right now...)

I am torn on this one. I would prefer our max go to a two way player. 

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2017, 12:55:27 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
What are the actuals numbers that IT can sign for? If IT lands in the top 3 of voting for MVP he may have a case to want the max. I don't want this to turn into a contract squabble. Can the Celtics do

4 years \ $90M with a player option on the 4th year? This is $22.5

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2017, 01:00:10 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
What are the actuals numbers that IT can sign for? If IT lands in the top 3 of voting for MVP he may have a case to want the max. I don't want this to turn into a contract squabble. Can the Celtics do

4 years \ $90M with a player option on the 4th year? This is $22.5

Oh lover of salt...could you please answer this petition?

« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2017, 01:12:21 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
IT4 is playing a poker game

Nothing wrong with this

Danny is making him nervous picking pgs left and right... So he can do the same in return

« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2017, 01:16:47 PM »

Offline OldSchoolDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79

I Just saw that. scary stat for a guy who might cost us the max.
(while our other max guy is not really maximizing it right now...)

I am torn on this one. I would prefer our max go to a two way player.

Horford wasn't brought hear to be the leading scorer like a Cousins, or to own the boards like Rodman back in the day, or to Block shots like Mutombo used to.  he was brought in to solidify the front court and provide an efficient team oriented presence.  He was offered more money by Atlanta and we had and have the cap room to pay him that and still add another Max player.  that and he is actully doing quite well at the center position this year ranking 6th.

http://www.nba.com/article/2016/10/21/fran-blinebury-ranks-top-centers-2016-17-nba-season

6. Al Horford, Boston Celtics: The Celtics, like everybody else, were drooling over the possibility of adding Kevin Durant to their roster over the summer.  But when the smoke cleared, this guy was standing in their midst, maybe the best fit of free agent to team that came out of the talent scramble.  He might not be the superstar level talent that can take Boston all the way to the top, but makes them a smarter, more efficient offensive team that gets the most out of its talent under coach Brad Stevens.  He’s a go-to guy on the pick-and-pop and can roll to the basket, too.  It’s not hard to imagine how unstoppable Horford would be if he had ever taken his game out a few steps more to the 3-point line.  He’s not a stopper all by himself in the middle, but knows how to anchor the middle in a team defensive scheme and his overall intelligence on the court makes everybody better.

« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2017, 01:32:32 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes

And the anti-Thomas nonsense on this board, during an MVP caliber season as the ONLY reliable scorer on what would be a lottery team without him, reaches another new low.

Unbelievable.
fake news
I trust Danny Ainge