Author Topic: Few questionable moves by Stevens  (Read 2360 times)

Few questionable moves by Stevens
« on: February 25, 2017, 04:02:39 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
This game was very winnable with or without AB. But few things that caused collapse happened. While I have a faith with him making the best out of scrubs, he's not exempted for criticism on his rotations and plays.

- He keeps playing Horford at 4. Pretty obvious that his time on that position has passed up as he is now slower. Constantly getting beat off the dribble and late on closing out shooters in the perimeter. His role at his point is at the rim, at least defensively. I don't care if he can't rebound, just block whoever is driving to the rim.

- Fascination with ultra small lineup. This would work if they are shooting lights out. However, this is a recipe for disaster on boards. Only Smart can battle the Raptors bigs and Celtics bigs can't be rely upon consistently to grab boards. If only Brad insert Jaylen with Crowder and Smart instead of Rozier and IT, they'll have better defensive rotation and have better chance on grabbing boards due to length and athleticism.

- IT is over his head. He's obviously got taken out of his game as Raptor's defenders got physical with him. He forced many shots late in the 4th that caused them the game. If your shots are not falling, run a freaking play and look for much easier shots for you and your teammates. I think Brad needs to tell this guy when to take over or run plays.

- Enough with the Rozier experiment. Try again next season when he have summer to improve himself. I'd rather let James Young play over him at this point (never thought I would say this. lol). This kid simply doesn't have the IQ to run the offense. Why not throw a dice on Jackson? I don't think it would have make difference at his point. Letting Terry in the game for too long caused a momentum swing in favor of Raptors. He's on the court everytime Raps are on run.

- Tyler Zeller caused some problems for the Raptors last game. Why DNP this game? Waivers incoming?

Re: Few questionable moves by Stevens
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 04:06:42 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
The real question is...why didn't Ainge want to include Rozier in that package with Zeller and the Clippers pick for Serge Ibaka? smh that would've solved some wonders here tonight, and for extra dozens of nights to come.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 04:13:29 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
The real question is...why didn't Ainge want to include Rozier in that package with Zeller and the Clippers pick for Serge Ibaka? smh that would've solved some wonders here tonight, and for extra dozens of nights to come.

Because the Clipper pick alone is a massive overpay for a rental. Rookie contracts are more valuable than people give credit. As much as I hate Rozier's game, he's still only a sophomore and have shown flashes of potential. I'd rather see if he can at least tap some of it before selling him for scraps. James Young is showing that patience can be rewarded, even a if little bit too late.

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2017, 04:18:57 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Well Danny can redeem himself by signing terrence jones. But anyways it's not too crazy for him to turn it down because he does want the cap space to sign a max player, and if serge plays well (which I think would happen) we'll have to say goodbye to the max FA in the summer ala Griffin (though ofc the chances are super low, so I'll see what Danny has in stock for him to be so confident). But for the time being, let's hope Danny doesn't get stingy over a million or so and jordan Mickey for terrence Jones
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2017, 06:51:42 AM »

Offline __ramonezy__

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 62
A loss  is a loss, but this game felt more like posturing for the playoffs... Kyle held out, AB held out, Zeller DNP,  questionable strategies... It's almost like CBS wanted to see how certain matchups worked against the new look Raptors before the playoffs to get some film.

It still was a game we should have won, but spilt milk. These are the matchups we miss ET.

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2017, 06:58:36 AM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
Purgatory my friends

Cousins on the block wins this game

Thanks danny, u ain't made a bad move yet

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2017, 07:11:00 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
Purgatory my friends

Cousins getting beat like Horford on the perimeter and lazy to sprint down the court wont make much difference  ::)

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2017, 07:19:38 AM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 64
Playing Jerebko is my consistent gripe. He gives us absolutely nothing out there but headache. Also Horford should be told to stop pushing the ball up the floor when he has a guard right next to him to hand the ball to. I cringe every time he does it.

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2017, 07:20:24 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Purgatory my friends

Were you saying that when the C's were up 17???

Solid defense and IT not trying to play hero ball wins the game last night.

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2017, 07:21:47 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
A loss  is a loss, but this game felt more like posturing for the playoffs... Kyle held out, AB held out, Zeller DNP,  questionable strategies... It's almost like CBS wanted to see how certain matchups worked against the new look Raptors before the playoffs to get some film.

It still was a game we should have won, but spilt milk. These are the matchups we miss ET.

Marcus more than made up Turner's departure with his improved playmaking. It's Sully's rebounding that we totally miss. He always killed the Raptor's big men in boards.

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2017, 08:18:24 AM »

Offline YoungOne87

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 65
well rozier was +8 in a game we lost by 10, I dont want to say he played great, but to say raptors went on a run everytime he was in there is just not true.

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2017, 08:59:37 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
well rozier was +8 in a game we lost by 10, I dont want to say he played great, but to say raptors went on a run everytime he was in there is just not true.

TP for the stat - I was only able to watch the game in chunks last night. What I saw from Rozier wasn't horrible, but people here seem ready to sacrifice him to the gods.

I agree that his bbiq could use some work - he kind-of looks like the Gerald Green of point guards right now; but he has amazing length/athleticism, can hit the 3, and can get to the hoop at will. These are qualities that should eventually make a quality NBA pro.

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2017, 09:10:47 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Playing Jerebko is my consistent gripe. He gives us absolutely nothing out there but headache. Also Horford should be told to stop pushing the ball up the floor when he has a guard right next to him to hand the ball to. I cringe every time he does it.

Jerebko was not the reason they blew their lead.

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2017, 09:14:01 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
This game was very winnable with or without AB.

TP for the thread.  I do think it is time that Stevens gets a bit more criticism when he makes mistakes.
There weren't a ton of things wrong last night, and the Celtics had a 8-point lead with 10 to go in the fourth.

But I am sick of people griping about Horfords stats when the head coach clearly doesn't run plays for him.

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2017, 09:23:18 AM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
He didn't use Rozeir and Zeller in an Ibaka trade because he was going after PG13 and Butler, and was either going to need them for the trade, or as bodies coming off the bench. DA swung for the fence with a big trade letting small ones go.

DeRozen went OFF last night, he had to score 40+ to beat us. Yes they didn't have Lowery, but we didn't have AB. Problem is out side of It we really don't have a guy who can create their own shot in the 4th. Thats why PG13 and Butler were a priority over rebounding. This is were a Hayward or a second year Brown will come into play. The Raptors played the best D on IT I've seen yet, and you know Stevens will plan on that in the playoffs.

Not having Green hurt too. He can get his own, which was needed.

Heres the thing. When DA traded PP and KG we knew there was going to be a long rebuild. Right now, we should technically be sniffing the playoffs, fighting for the 8th or 7th spot. But Stevens got this team playing well faster than DA could make trades to get him the pieces that he really needs. There are more to trades than "we need player X to do thing Y". It also comes down to length of contracts, to cap space, to future FA's. So right now we are ahead of the curve yet people want us to be further than that. You rush things, you end up like the Net, or Clippers who are competing, but can't get outside where they are because they locked up too much money on 3 players, which one of them can't be on the floor for the last couple minutes of the game.

DA has put us in position to still get Butler on draft night, and sign Gordon. It would be tight, but it can get done. Then he has all Summer to tinker with the team. But this team going forward of....

It/Smart
Butler/Brown
Gordon/Crowder
Horford/KO/Yabu
FA,trade/Zizic

Thats a very good offensive,defensive, skilled team with a strong bench. I'm fine being bounced int he second round if we can have a team similar to this.