Author Topic: Al Horford has been TERRIBLE the last 4 games!!!!  (Read 2077 times)

Re: Al Horford has been TERRIBLE the last 4 games!!!!
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2017, 11:13:29 AM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
Seriously guys.  Has anyone heard that maybe he is battling a nagging injury or something?  There does NOT seem to been even his normal level of effort (which is a passive and low level normally anyways)!!!  This is VERY concerning to me.

Smitty77

We can't start making up injuries for the guy now. C'mon. He has just been absent not injured but missing in action. Maybe it is because IT is now playing hero ball every game and he is getting annoyed with it. We need to tell IT that as great as his season has been it is now time to change his game and actually get other guys involved. Let's surprise teams that are ganging up on IT in the 4th and pass the ball to other guys to score.
That was the case last night. IT tried to do to much. Hopefully AB will help this some.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2017, 11:23:35 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I'm very disappointed with him in general and for most of the season. He shows no energy, or passion, frankly he's slow and old looking. He doesn't even bother to box out on the boards.

On the flip side of the coin, Horford is not the type of player that will thrive in an unorganized, shelter skelter, isolation type of offense. He is best used in a system of team ball, spread the floor, ball movement, and finding the open man. You know... the way the Celtics are supposed to be playing.

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2017, 12:30:19 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
He's been terrible all year, but ya know maybe he'll attract free agents this summer ::)

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2017, 01:01:04 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Horford needs to start being more aggressive looking for his own shot. I'm not sure why he hasn't been, but it's been a bit of an issue all season. If it wasn't for the fact Horford has been the best passing big man in the league this year, I'd be a lot more worried.

Part of the problem is the way Stevens uses Al in the offense. Very few plays seem to be run to get Horford open looks anywhere but the three point line. IT could also stand to pass the ball a bit more, instead of always looking to be the hero.