Author Topic: So incredibly tired of small ball.  (Read 2479 times)

Re: So incredibly tired of small ball.
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2017, 12:01:36 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Ainge was quoted several days before the trade deadline, "our biggest need is a rebounder/rim protector."

Following the trade  deadline, he and his son Austin were quoted, "a rebounder detracts from the offense."

Conflicting comments.

I translate that as Ainge is not on the same page as Stevens on rebounding. Stevens has said his style of play at Butler was basically small ball, because the big rebounders/rim protectors went to the bigger schools.

I don't know how small ball relates to rebounding. I do know you have to get the ball to score, regardless of your offensive style. And if you have no interior defense, the other team will exploit it. "Spreading the floor" is useless if you can't get the ball.

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2017, 12:56:09 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I don't hate small ball, it can be very effective. But I do hate when this team plays small, mostly, because when Boston plays small, they play too small.

I know Brad is working with what he has, but he seems to not want bigger players on the wings and in the front court. I'm starting to really dislike Stevens' inflexibility and stubbornness.

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2017, 08:31:45 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
I look forward to seeing Fultz, Brown, Crowder, Horford, and a good free agent big starting for the Cs in the future.
No more Smart playing the 3, please.

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2017, 08:35:51 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
What we need is a guy like Kevin Love: Can rebound at a great rate, excellent shooter, capable passer, average defender. Not many guys like that at the 4 position in the NBA.

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2017, 09:39:27 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
What we need is a guy like Kevin Love: Can rebound at a great rate, excellent shooter, capable passer, average defender. Not many guys like that at the 4 position in the NBA.

Or Noel.

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2017, 10:22:25 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!

Or Noel.

Or both..
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2017, 10:46:25 PM »

Offline Rainmaker

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 10
  • The Truth
Cousins wins this game on the block alone.

Thanks Danny

Aren't you getting tired of posting the same crap every thread?

Bemoaning the loss of a cousin, in this case a boogie cousin is always a sad affair..... :'(
Love never fails. Character never quits. And with patience and persistence, dreams do come true.
-Pistol Pete Maravich-