Author Topic: IT looks tired..  (Read 3324 times)

Re: IT looks tired..
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2017, 01:09:36 AM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
He looked exhausted after that Bulls game...All Star break didn't do him any good.

Toronto played Playoff defense against him tonight---and stopped him cold.
18 games without Bradlyey is really showing on this group...AB plays great defense, and can hit an outside shot to keep the other team's defense honest---Crowder and Smart don't.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2017, 01:19:54 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 987
And I look tired watching our team getting outrebounded and out-hustled.

Could've had DeMarcus Cousins grabbing rebounds and destroying players on the inside, or heck even Serge Ibaka or Nerlens Noel do something about the interior scoring. But hey, it's okay, let's continue to get beat on the glass and be crushed by their big men thus losing momentum and games for the Celtics.

All because some people in the front office do not want supposed headcases or don't want to give up a bunch of ponies for a rental who could easily solve some of the team's woes.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2017, 01:57:25 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
And I look tired watching our team getting outrebounded and out-hustled.

Could've had DeMarcus Cousins grabbing rebounds and destroying players on the inside, or heck even Serge Ibaka or Nerlens Noel do something about the interior scoring. But hey, it's okay, let's continue to get beat on the glass and be crushed by their big men thus losing momentum and games for the Celtics.

All because some people in the front office do not want supposed headcases or don't want to give up a bunch of ponies for a rental who could easily solve some of the team's woes.

And Nurkic!  Look at him in POR, happy as a clam already.  We haven't had a frontcourt in a long time, though.  Since Danny was handed one, actually.

My theory: DA is a genius (when it comes to guards), so much so that his guys -- IT, Jae, AB, soon Smart -- have even progressed beyond his expectation.  But now that they're 2nd in East, and IT has surpassed anyone's expectations, the little guys understandably want some support when a) it's available at cheap, and b) their rivals are getting it.

That aside, you're right about Cousins.  If Vivek is stupid enough to believe Hield is Curry 2.0, then Rozier could've been the next Steve Francis.

The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2017, 03:17:14 AM »

Offline GRADYCOLNON

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
Isaiah was tired because he was working hard to get open.  I credit the Raptor's defense, specifically Cory Joseph, for hounding IT all game.  I think he was just frustrated that they were able to take him off his game so much he gave up a little.  This isn't anything new either.  The Cavs and Raptors are using this strategy to mess up the Celtics offense for this and last season.  This defensive strategy is singlehandedly creating doubt for Celtic playoff success.  If Brad Stevens doesn't make the changes in the offense and hit the drawing board before the playoffs, I'm very concerned about facing either the Cavs or Raptors. 

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2017, 03:20:21 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Isaiah was tired because he was working hard to get open.  I credit the Raptor's defense, specifically Cory Joseph, for hounding IT all game.  I think he was just frustrated that they were able to take him off his game so much he gave up a little.  This isn't anything new either.  The Cavs and Raptors are using this strategy to mess up the Celtics offense for this and last season.  This defensive strategy is singlehandedly creating doubt for Celtic playoff success.  If Brad Stevens doesn't make the changes in the offense and hit the drawing board before the playoffs, I'm very concerned about facing either the Cavs or Raptors.
Yeah I'm definitely worried, Horford really needs to work with Robert Parish (he's the big man instructor on the C's) to hone on his post game
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2017, 03:29:23 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
I don't see it.  What we are seeing is defenses start to out the clamps on him.  He better get used to it because that's what he'll see in the playoffs.  His size will always be an issue once teams start to game plan.

This is a concern, true. But for him to be much more effective, him and Brad needs to let Smart or Horford involve in running plays. He is much more efficient when Horford or Smart are setting him up for open looks. Use himself as a decoy running off the screens so that Raptor's defense sag on other shooters like Crowder or Horford.

I blame this lost both on IT and Stevens. It is so stupid pulling out Smart early in the 4th for a terrible Rozier and was too late to put him back.

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2017, 04:57:46 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Good Lord you people flip quickly.

A guy has one off game in a bad matchup.
Yeah, Kyle Lowry had it going.

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2017, 06:23:22 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
i would say that this was his worst game in the last two years, he really cost us the game. the ball was moving beautifully and it all changed in the 3rd qtr when he started playing hero ball, it changed the pace and rhythm completely.
he'll be fine :D
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2017, 07:17:49 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
The honest truth is things were going fine until that little dust up with all the flagrants. I think that p---ed him off and messed with his head and he looked to basically prove a point after that. It wasn't a good showing for him in the 2nd half but it also his first bad game in a long long time.

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2017, 08:03:12 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
I knew the Celtics were cooked when the flagrant was called .

Refs changed the outcome of the game..

I just turned it off at that point.

« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2017, 08:07:04 AM »

Offline jc3celticsphan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 20
No floor spacing for IT our second best offensive weapon only played 16 min I swear if they didn't plan on using olynyk fully why is he still on the team 16 min off the bench is just bad blame stevens all you want but the offense has to flow and one player basically torched us all game unacceptably.. If ibaka can put up 15 points in 40 min olynyk a double that I promise you

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2017, 08:20:50 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
i would say that this was his worst game in the last two years, he really cost us the game. the ball was moving beautifully and it all changed in the 3rd qtr when he started playing hero ball, it changed the pace and rhythm completely.
he'll be fine :D

It's good this happen now and not in game 7.
A tough lesson for IT. I'm sure he's aware of that and will grow stronger from here.

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2017, 09:17:35 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
When you try to be super man every Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ing night and don't involve your teammates then yea is be tired to.  I'm getting tired of his selfishness quite frankly

« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2017, 09:21:21 AM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
I don't know if he is tired or what. The fourth quarter reminded me a lot of a couple of games the previous week (Before all-star, Bulls and Sixers I think).

He can't be our only offensive option and shoot compulsively and force so many plays resulting on turnovers/bad shots in the last two seconds. We discussed that those days and the trend seems to be the same. Is he physically tired? Maybe. Is he mentally cooked? Maybe. Does he consider himself with all the King of the Fourth hype a Michael Jordan? Maybe. Have the opposite defenses adapted to lock him? Maybe. Should Stevens design plays for other players? Maybe.

Honestly, I don't know. But the last couple of weeks I've grown on the thinking of our inability to get a championship with Isaiah as our first attacking option. And now I'm not talking at all about defense, which is a bigger issue. Sorry if it sounds too pessimistic, since I love IT, son don't label me as hater. I'm not buying either the theory of how bad we'd be without Isaiah, because I know that; the issue is the way into banner 18, and if the Little Guy is a max-player FOR US.

Playoffs and the lottery will tell our management what to do regarding him.

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2017, 09:33:02 AM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2501
I hope it's just fatigue because he was awful. This team is going to compete with teams 2-8 in the East - may win 1 or 2 playoff series; may lose in the 1st round. I'd rather they get to the ECF but  I don't expect it. 

My eye is on ping-pong balls and off-season moves.  JB or PG on this team right now gets them a step closer, but not to a championship this year.  This coming off-season is more important than this year's playoffs. I am not saying playoff basketball and playoff experience is unimportant but it's just not as important as what DA does with the roster once the season's over.