Author Topic: Please fill me in on Avery Bradley  (Read 3129 times)

Please fill me in on Avery Bradley
« on: February 24, 2017, 10:04:15 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722
I thought he was returning vs Toronto after All Star break.
Is he coming back at all? Do we conclude at this point that he is injury prone ?
He is only our second best player - kinda important.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

Re: Please fill me in on Avery Bradley
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 10:06:10 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
He practiced yesterday, and felt fine today. I think hes back next game. These Achilles strains suck btw, they never really seem to go away.

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 10:06:30 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
maybe he wants to be paid like our second best player.  8)

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 10:16:16 PM »

Online green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
Is he coming back at all? Do we conclude at this point that he is injury prone ?

No. He plays hard, so its expected that he will get tweaks here and there. Achilles injuries and other foot injuries can take a while because of inflammation and tendonitis issues. Running through such injuries- not so pleasant. I don't think he's injury prone or miking anything. He'll play his brand of inspiring defense when he's healthy.

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2017, 10:20:34 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

No. He plays hard, so its expected that he will get tweaks here and there. Achilles injuries and other foot injuries can take a while because of inflammation and tendonitis issues. Running through such injuries- not so pleasant. I don't think he's injury prone or miking anything. He'll play his brand of inspiring defense when he's healthy.

Yup, just ask Kobe. Tough playing through an Achilles injury. But Bradley does have the potential to score 60 points in a night  ;D

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2017, 10:34:07 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
He has a lingering injury at some point every season.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2017, 10:35:37 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Double post.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2017, 10:44:48 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Disappointed to not see him tonight, but I know how Achilles injuries can linger. They are erring on the side of caution so this is a problem only in January/February and not April/May.

We may lose games we shouldn't like the last two, but I rather be healthy once the playoffs begin.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2017, 11:06:26 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25634
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Disappointed to not see him tonight, but I know how Achilles injuries can linger. They are erring on the side of caution so this is a problem only in January/February and not April/May.

We may lose games we shouldn't like the last two, but I rather be healthy once the playoffs begin.

It's starting to remind me of our last long-term Achilles injury:

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2017, 11:14:20 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372

Not even comparable...10 year age difference.

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2017, 11:16:32 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

They're comparable in that they're lingering Achilles injuries that have taken much longer to heal than projected.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2017, 11:23:29 PM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Yeah, this is lame and concerning. I was under the impression that we were just being cautious with Avery and he was going to come back strong after the all-star break. The fact that he was not available after weeks off from healing is not good. At this point, we may look to be signing him for another 4 year/$32M contract.

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2017, 11:30:38 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372

They're comparable in that they're lingering Achilles injuries that have taken much longer to heal than projected.

Please explain similarities in projections on non-tear achilles injuries for 25 year olds at 180 lbs and 7-footers at 300 lbs in their mid-30's and get back to me.

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2017, 11:51:57 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Please explain similarities in projections on non-tear achilles injuries for 25 year olds at 180 lbs and 7-footers at 300 lbs in their mid-30's and get back to me.

I don't recall saying the injuries were the exact same.  "They're comparable in that they're lingering Achilles injuries that have taken much longer to heal than projected."

It was a 17 word sentence written in plain English.  Anything you're reading into my words is out there by you, not me.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 11:57:47 PM by Roy H. »

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2017, 06:02:06 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
He's out again tonight.