Author Topic: Please fill me in on Avery Bradley  (Read 3128 times)

Re: Please fill me in on Avery Bradley
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2017, 06:53:24 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
Being sure he is healthy is The best course of action for our team. Surely he will come of the bench for the first few games too.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2017, 07:04:48 PM »

Offline Chef Parish

• NGT
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 1668
Disappointed to not see him tonight, but I know how Achilles injuries can linger. They are erring on the side of caution so this is a problem only in January/February and not April/May.

We may lose games we shouldn't like the last two, but I rather be healthy once the playoffs begin.

It's starting to remind me of our last long-term Achilles injury:

Not even comparable...10 year age difference.

They're comparable in that they're lingering Achilles injuries that have taken much longer to heal than projected.

Please explain similarities in projections on non-tear achilles injuries for 25 year olds at 180 lbs and 7-footers at 300 lbs in their mid-30's and get back to me.

I don't recall saying the injuries were the exact same.  "They're comparable in that they're lingering Achilles injuries that have taken much longer to heal than projected."

It was a 17 word sentence written in plain English.  Anything you're reading into my words is out there by you, not me.

More important is Roy H's reply 17 words or 19 words?

"They're" is semantically two words, and means the same thing as 'they + are'.
However, it's syntactically one word.

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2017, 07:12:53 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Bit of a digression here, but has there ever been a non-lingering Achilles injury? Has anyone ever come back quicker than "projected"?

Seems like they are all "slower than projected" to recover. Which means, you know, that medical staffs making injury assessments may want to re-think their definition of "projected."

I'm only semi-serious here, but it's weird. If a meteorologist always projected temperatures 5 degrees below the actual temperature and kept going on every day about how it was "hotter than projected," he'd lose his job. Projections should be right on average, sometimes too optimistic and sometimes too pessimistic.

Maybe there are plenty of guys who are projected to be out for three weeks with an Achilles, who bounce out of bed five days later feeling awesome. But I've never heard of one.

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2017, 04:16:34 PM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Out tonight against Phoenix. This doesn't look so benign anymore, playoffs is nearing.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2017, 04:22:03 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Out tonight against Phoenix. This doesn't look so benign anymore, playoffs is nearing.

It's a different injury.  He missed the games before with an achilles strain, this is hamstring soreness.  He was apparently only planning on playing of one game of this back-to-back anyway, so it just means he's skipping this game instead of the Clippers' game.

I wouldn't worry about it.
I'm bitter.