Author Topic: Cavs were worried about Celtics getting Butler/George  (Read 5121 times)

Cavs were worried about Celtics getting Butler/George
« on: February 24, 2017, 04:37:34 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
The Cleveland Cavaliers were monitoring the Boston Celtics efforts to acquire either Paul George or Jimmy Butler at the deadline.

The Celtics are already a top contender in the Eastern Conference, but acquiring either of those star wings would make them even more competitive in a series against the Cavaliers. Both George and Butler have played LeBron James well in the playoffs.

"The Cavs were on pins and needles yesterday about the Celtics getting Paul George or Jimmy Butler," said Windhorst on Zach Lowe's podcast. "Pins and needles. That's why I'm saying. Let's put it this way: if on day one next year it's Gordon Hayward, Al Horford, and Isaiah Thomas, the Cavs will be like 'okay, that's going to be a challenge.' If it's Isaiah Thomas, Al Horford and Jimmy Butler, the Cavs might be out there saying 'we may have to trade Kevin Love.'"

The Celtics were weighing whether to package a combination of draft assets and existing players in a deal. Danny Ainge can revisit those talks in June.

Interesting.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Re: Cavs were worried about Celtics getting Butler/George
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 04:40:41 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Meh, they don't have to worry any longer.  The head honcho was asleep at the wheel.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 04:44:27 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
I think they know we're the biggest threat to knock them off in the East in the coming years. It may be a long shot this year, but they know that we can morph right back into the defensive juggernaut that we were last year, which when combined with our improved offense is something you don't want to see in the playoffs.

I'm really hoping that in this final stretch run we play more consistent high level/high intensity defense like the last couple of years so that we can truly gauge the ceiling of this team. I don't think we've seen the ceiling of how good this team can be yet due to injuries and the lack of our overall defensive intensity.

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 05:01:16 PM »

Offline sahara

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 84
Lebron is insecure, what´s new?

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2017, 05:04:22 PM »

Offline straightouttabahstun

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
  • That's turrible
What a way to close that book on LeBrons reign. He bolts Cleveland to join the Heat because of Boston and now he's fretting about his reign ending because of Boston. Other than Kawhi Leonard, we're sort of LeBrons kryptonite.

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2017, 05:13:24 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Meh, they don't have to worry any longer.  The head honcho was asleep at the wheel.

Would you rather be a threat to knock them off this year or take the reign for the next decade? I know it's hard for some of you to be patient, but try.

Ainge is building something. It isn't even taking long, it's just we are further along than we were supposed to be at this point and now people want to rush to finish it when it's just not ready.

Patience.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2017, 05:19:44 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
What a way to close that book on LeBrons reign. He bolts Cleveland to join the Heat because of Boston and now he's fretting about his reign ending because of Boston. Other than Kawhi Leonard, we're sort of LeBrons kryptonite.

Right now? No we're not.

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2017, 05:19:45 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
This is it for Cleveland really.

They'll have a 2-3 year window after this season, but will Lebron be this effective when he's 35?

And without him the Cavs are trash (even with Irving and Love).

Celtics are knocking on the door in the coming years.

Same with Washington, Philadelphia and Toronto

(Yeah yeah, "You lost me at Philly", I think they'll become a great team honestly in 2-3 years as well when everything is set in stone and Simmons starts to play).
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2017, 05:20:20 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
And now, I bet they are not worried at all.  They are probably licking their chops since DA made no move.   The big moves will be this summer.

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2017, 05:22:53 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
This is it for Cleveland really.

They'll have a 2-3 year window after this season, but will Lebron be this effective when he's 35?

And without him the Cavs are trash (even with Irving and Love).

Celtics are knocking on the door in the coming years.

Same with Washington, Philadelphia and Toronto

(Yeah yeah, "You lost me at Philly", I think they'll become a great team honestly in 2-3 years as well when everything is set in stone and Simmons starts to play).

A healthy Embiid and Simmons could all have HoF-like careers.

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2017, 05:40:16 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
The Cleveland Cavaliers were monitoring the Boston Celtics efforts to acquire either Paul George or Jimmy Butler at the deadline.

The Celtics are already a top contender in the Eastern Conference, but acquiring either of those star wings would make them even more competitive in a series against the Cavaliers. Both George and Butler have played LeBron James well in the playoffs.

"The Cavs were on pins and needles yesterday about the Celtics getting Paul George or Jimmy Butler," said Windhorst on Zach Lowe's podcast. "Pins and needles. That's why I'm saying. Let's put it this way: if on day one next year it's Gordon Hayward, Al Horford, and Isaiah Thomas, the Cavs will be like 'okay, that's going to be a challenge.' If it's Isaiah Thomas, Al Horford and Jimmy Butler, the Cavs might be out there saying 'we may have to trade Kevin Love.'"

The Celtics were weighing whether to package a combination of draft assets and existing players in a deal. Danny Ainge can revisit those talks in June.

Interesting.

What if it's IT, Hayward, Butler, and Horford?

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2017, 05:42:42 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas

Interesting.

That's a pretty good team.

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2017, 06:04:57 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
Haven't bought this Cavs being vulnerable narrative at all. LeBron is that good. He carried them to two Finals appearances alone.

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2017, 06:07:22 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372

Interesting.

That's a pretty good team.

Land #1 pick.  Trade #1 '17 and Memphis '19 plus Avery Bradley for Jimmy Butler.  Hayward signs.

Done.

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2017, 06:09:07 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Had a LeBron all shook up over another big. Fizzle trade deadline. LOL