Author Topic: Draymond to Pierce "Chasing that farewell tour...thought you was Kobe?"  (Read 9511 times)

Re: Draymond to Pierce "Chasing that farewell tour...thought you was Kobe?"
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2017, 12:39:06 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
I don't like what Green said and maybe the tech he got later was bad karma or something for it, but Pierce's criticism of Durant was flawed. Here's part of it:
And Oklahoma, I felt like, was a contending team. They had Golden State on the ropes. I understand when you have great players on losing teams who are tired of losing, struggling in the playoffs every year. You’re the lone star. I’ve been in that position. I could have left Boston years ago, but I stuck it out. I just feel like when you’re that close, as a competitor, you don’t go join the team that just put you out.
http://www.nba.com/article/2016/10/13/paul-pierce-weighs-kevin-durant-warriors

The objective is to win the title and the Thunder hadn't beaten the Cavs once since Lebron's return. He didn't believe the Thunder could beat them. Further, Pierce was ready to leave the Celtics before the arrival of KG and Ray Allen.

Pierce's criticism of Durant was that he was "so close" and chose an easier path instead of finding a way over the hump that was Golden State/Cleveland. Pierce wasn't on a contender before KG and Ray Allen. He was on a rebuilding team. If the Thunder were a lottery team, I don't think Pierce has a problem with Durant to Golden State.

« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2017, 12:48:31 PM »

Offline straightouttabahstun

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
  • That's turrible
Pierce would have burned this chump in his prime.

« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2017, 12:51:41 PM »

Offline alley oop

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
I don't like what Green said and maybe the tech he got later was bad karma or something for it, but Pierce's criticism of Durant was flawed. Here's part of it:
And Oklahoma, I felt like, was a contending team. They had Golden State on the ropes. I understand when you have great players on losing teams who are tired of losing, struggling in the playoffs every year. You’re the lone star. I’ve been in that position. I could have left Boston years ago, but I stuck it out. I just feel like when you’re that close, as a competitor, you don’t go join the team that just put you out.

The objective is to win the title and the Thunder hadn't beaten the Cavs once since Lebron's return. He didn't believe the Thunder could beat them. Further, Pierce was ready to leave the Celtics before the arrival of KG and Ray Allen.

Pierce's criticism of Durant was that he was "so close" and chose an easier path instead of finding a way over the hump that was Golden State/Cleveland. Pierce wasn't on a contender before KG and Ray Allen. He was on a rebuilding team. If the Thunder were a lottery team, I don't think Pierce has a problem with Durant to Golden State.

That's his opinion. It's not a fact they were "close" to beating the Cavs. That Thunder team was a tough matchup for the Warriors, and at the time of KD's decision Ibaka had been traded.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 01:47:47 PM by alley oop »

« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2017, 01:03:18 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Im out of the loop in this one, what prompted Green to say that vs Pierce?

Bc Pierce attacked Durant.

Durant pulled the same move Allen did

Green came to his defense
When during the game? What'd he say?

During the offseason

Along the lines of Durant is "buying a championship", "joining the team that beat you in the playoffs ?? Etc"

Green spat something back at Pierce, and now this

Still doesn't add up though. If I recall Green defended Durant before. Its been what, weeks since that? What made Green say that to pierce this time? Also how the heck is Pierce chasing a farewell tour? He said his tour was in Boston and that was it.

« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2017, 01:10:21 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I REALLY like Draymond Green. He's a an elite defender, versatile and multi-talented player.

I would LOVE to have him in BOS.

That being said, he should have more respect for other players around the league.

Hey Draymond - do your research...

Paul Pierce is OLD SCHOOL - from an era in the NBA long gone, unfortunately. He did not force his way out of BOS - he respectfully asked DA to either get him help OR trade him.

The rest is history. He - along with KG and Ray - were key in coming together and bringing a title to BOS.

Paul Pierce fell ALL THE WAY to BOS back in that 98' draft and played HARD with MUCH LESS TALENT than the Golden State Warriors right now.....

Would YOU do the same, Draymond?

We also came close to LOOSING Paul Pierce - after his nightclub attack

See those scars, Draymond? He "actually" has scars - not the little dustups you have in your own off-court incidents.

He reportedly took ONLY a month off after that incident and CAME BACK and played the ENTIRE NBA SEASON after that.

TOUGH JUICE.

Here is a well-written article by Adam O'Kane detailing some highlights of his career in BOS -

http://adamokane.tumblr.com/post/54135386601/thank-you-paul-pierce-goodbye-to-the-most

Paul Pierce was also given his nickname by none other than Shaquille O'Neal

[quote]“Take this down. My name is Shaquille O’Neal, and Paul Pierce is the [expletive] truth. Quote me on that, and don’t take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn’t know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth.”[/quote]

Hey Draymond - perhaps you should do some research before you run your mouth, Young Buck. Have some respect.

« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2017, 01:35:41 PM »

Offline miraclejohan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 82
  • Green 18 or Burst
Also how the heck is Pierce chasing a farewell tour? He said his tour was in Boston and that was it.

This was my question as well...outside of Boston, is Pierce getting "recognized" during games in various arenas this season? 
Green 17 vol. 1-4  available here: https://miraclejohan.bandcamp.com/

« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2017, 01:41:00 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Something that Draymond Green won't even have when he retires lol.
Classless thug that kicks people's nuts. I have no respect for that guy, esp after how ugly he played against the Celtics at the Oracle last year.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2017, 01:44:33 PM »

Offline Dannys Chipotle Guy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 48
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rtWNe7L1Ic

Dray will never be a legend like this dude.

« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2017, 02:15:32 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

That's his opinion. It's not a fact they were "close" to beating the Cavs. That Thunder team was a tough matchup for the Warriors, and at the time of KD's decision Ibaka had been traded.

It's also only an opinion that the weren't close to beating the Cavs. Of course it's an opinion. Aren't we only talking about opinions here?

« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2017, 02:44:31 PM »

Offline alley oop

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30

It's also only an opinion that the weren't close to beating the Cavs. Of course it's an opinion. Aren't we only talking about opinions here?

Actually, your interpretation of Pierce's criticism was simply inaccurate, because Pierce's remarks were only about the Warriors. He never mentioned the Cavs.

He also implied Durant and players in the NBA on opposing teams who are friends aren't as "hungry or competitive" as his generation. But again, with Pierce not on the court, trashing talking him or whatever was simply wrong AFAIC.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 05:27:12 PM by alley oop »

« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2017, 02:59:59 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Draymond =horse's behind

« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2017, 06:29:04 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Draymond Suck It

« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2017, 06:38:56 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
Draymond should not have even made the all-star game this year...

« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2017, 06:45:16 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Draymond should not have even made the all-star game this year...

Draymond's assist numbers are not exactly anything to brag about. I think nearly 50% of the people on this board could average 10 assists per game if we are feeding KD, Steph & Thompson. I mean any assists or ass-ists in his case should be discarded.

« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2017, 06:52:42 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

Actually, your interpretation of Pierce's criticism was simply inaccurate, because Pierce's remarks were only about the Warriors. He never mentioned the Cavs.

He also implied Durant and players in the NBA on opposing teams who are friends aren't as "hungry or competitive" as his generation. But again, with Pierce not on the court, trashing talking him or whatever was simply wrong AFAIC.

You mentioned the Cavs. That's why I added them after the slash ("The objective is to win the title and the Thunder hadn't beaten the Cavs once since Lebron's return. He didn't believe the Thunder could beat them"). Pierce was talking about Golden State, but I thought you were trying to make the same point about Cleveland being better too. In either case, it doesn't matter. The Thunder of last year was a contender, if not a favorite, and the Celtics with Pierce before KG and Ray Allen were a rebuilding team. I'm saying Pierce views leaving a rebuilding team differently than a 4th or 5th best team in the league.