Author Topic: Draymond to Pierce "Chasing that farewell tour...thought you was Kobe?"  (Read 9393 times)

Re: Draymond to Pierce "Chasing that farewell tour...thought you was Kobe?"
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2017, 08:37:41 PM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
Kinda funny if he was trying to get at Paul on the court.   But since I love PP....makes me dislike Green more.   
Diggles

« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2017, 09:50:01 PM »

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER
Easily one of the most hateable players in the league. Besides kicking people in the nuts, he talks bigger than his game. I hope he never wins another ring.

He is a terrific player

Heart of that warriors team

But this was uncalled for and disrespectful

Paul Pierce should have just responded "who the hell are you?" Instead of the response he fired back.... Bc the Celts also got burnt against the Lakers the 2nd time in the finals and there is no point of indirectly taking aim at, kerr, thompson, curry

Oh, I don't know. Draymond Green cost the Warriors that series. If you are one of the best players on a championship team, you need to be on the court.  His lack of self-discipline and his antics caught up with him. He cost his team the title. Kerr and the Warriors allowed Draymond to be Draymond, and it cost them.  I love the fact that Pierce has learned how to use emojis! ;D
"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-

« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2017, 10:23:23 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
I don't have a lot of use for Draymond.  Solid player.  By many accounts, a bad person.

Ok you hooked me in.... Why a bad person?

« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2017, 10:28:10 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
I don't have a lot of use for Draymond.  Solid player.  By many accounts, a bad person.

Ok you hooked me in.... Why a bad person?

I think the repeated nut shots must have something to do with it.

« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2017, 03:07:38 PM »

Offline alley oop

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
Easily one of the most hateable players in the league. Besides kicking people in the nuts, he talks bigger than his game. I hope he never wins another ring.

He is a terrific player

Heart of that warriors team

But this was uncalled for and disrespectful

Paul Pierce should have just responded "who the hell are you?" Instead of the response he fired back.... Bc the Celts also got burnt against the Lakers the 2nd time in the finals and there is no point of indirectly taking aim at, kerr, thompson, curry

Pierce is/was one of the most notorious trash talkers in the game.

I have a hard time believing Pierce was just sitting there quietly and Green just started yelling that stuff at him.  Personally, sounds closer to good natured ribbing to me.

What's more disrespectful, "you thought you was Kobe?" or "You're the ugliest brothers in the league by far!"  With the ugliest brothers comment, he not only trash talked the opponent but his own teammate ;)

Yep:

Paul Pierce went on NBA Countdown on Saturday night to discuss the trash-talk moment from the recent Clippers-Warriors game involving him and Draymond Green that went viral. On the show, the Clippers vet called Green’s trash-talk game “light” and essentially said that AAU has killed great trash talking.
    “This is how it all started: Blake Griffin posted him up, got a foul, and I was pretty much like, ‘You can’t guard Blake. He gonna give it to you all night. You not that good. You only good because you got Steph Curry, KD and Klay Thompson around. That’s the only reason you get recognition.’

“I’m trying to spark my team with the trash talk, go at their emotional leader and give my guys some confidence, and that’s when you heard say what he said.”

Then, Pierce said that trash talking is a dead art, and that’s why what happened with him and Green is such a big deal.

He explained that the reason he believes it’s dead is that kids nowadays grow up playing AAU basketball with their friends instead of battling outside on the playground.
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/02/paul-pierce-draymond-green-trash-talk-dead-aau-start-warriors-clippers

Paul Pierce Explains Trash Talk Situation with Draymond Green:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTG_zMYQ4xM
Paul Pierce: 'TRASH TALK IS DEAD. Me and Draymond Green Are Only NBA Trash Talkers Left' :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEQ3Behwiug
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 05:38:02 PM by alley oop »