Author Topic: Looking At Next Season, Where Is Our Size Coming From (Just Zizic/Yabusele??)  (Read 6113 times)

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Yabusele is 6'8"  ???

He's also 260 pounds.  So he's got size in at least one dimension.

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
We can figure it out once the FA and trade dust settles.  We should really only be playing one traditional big at a time, so Zizic and an MLE center should be enough.

Great words from a great man

Offline OldSchoolDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79
It would take some wheelin' and deelin' but I'd want us to try drafting Caleb Swanigan from Purdue. He's not necessarily big (6'9"), but he does play big.

He maybe able to help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31Q69YAsnH4

I like Swanigan too.  I think he would look great next to Zizic.

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
We could still sign KO after the FA with bird rights, no?

Yes.  However, to create room for a max player, either Olynyk will need to be renounced or Avery Bradley will need to be traded for future draft compensation.

Amir, JJ and Zeller make 26 mil, how much is the max for Hayward? Does the cap stay the same, can that be added to our available money?

I'm sure there will be a trade but my question is does it HAVE to happen?

Hayward is eligible for $30.6 million.  You have to remember our draft pick has a cap hold of between $5-7 million, depending where he's picked #1-4.  Yab and Zizic have combined holds of just under $4 million.  So it's not just as simple as guys who make $25 million leaving.

As it stands today, if we got a little unlucky and have the #3 pick, we would have $29.2 million in cap space if we let Olynyk walk, and $22.2 million if we keep his Bird rights.  If we traded Bradley for picks in 2018 or later and kept Olynyk, we'd have $30.2 million.  Subtract about $1.5 million from all those numbers if we get #1 overall.
Ben Simmons is making 5.9M and I thought rookie salaries were increasing by 45% so wouldn't that put this years #1 pick at about $8.6M? 

Offline SparzWizard

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 987
Don't even know if they're NBA-ready yet. Ain't want to see another Fab Melo basketball production (still, my condolences to him and his family)

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
I like Dedmon on SA. He'll be a FA and I doubt the Spurs will be able to keep him.

Offline tyrone biggums

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
Our bigs will most likely remain the same. Maybe they'll keep KO on some handshake deal after signing Gordon Hayward. If not then they'll work out something with Zeller or someone that can create spacing. This team values space and shooting the 3 point shot over rebounds and bigs in general. But to answer your actual question yes Yabu and Zizic will be our main big men additions.

Offline tyrone biggums

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91

Yes.  However, to create room for a max player, either Olynyk will need to be renounced or Avery Bradley will need to be traded for future draft compensation.

I think given the choice they would trade anyone on this roster over KO. There is just something about his game that CBS and Danny love. They essentially view him as the perfect big for this offense.

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
i am not sure if this is the correct thread, but zizic's name appears, so what the heck.

Andrew Johnson @CountingBaskets

Ran Ante Zizic's Eurostash numbers against this year's class, my base model would rate him as the 9th best prospect in the 2017 draft
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

Offline fantankerous

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
i am not sure if this is the correct thread, but zizic's name appears, so what the heck.

Ran Ante Zizic's Eurostash numbers against this year's class, my base model would rate him as the 9th best prospect in the 2017 draft

As far as I can tell, Johnson's model relies solely upon Alternate Win Scores (= pts+0.7*orb+0.3*(reb-orb)+stl+0.5*blk+0.5*ast-0.7 * (fga-fg)-fg-0.35*(fta-ft)-0.5*ft-tov-0.5*pf)/mp) to evaluate prospects.  I'm suspicious of how well such a model can make predictions across leagues.  I admittedly haven't studied it enough to say much about it though.   

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

As far as I can tell, Johnson's model relies solely upon Alternate Win Scores (= pts+0.7*orb+0.3*(reb-orb)+stl+0.5*blk+0.5*ast-0.7 * (fga-fg)-fg-0.35*(fta-ft)-0.5*ft-tov-0.5*pf)/mp) to evaluate prospects.  I'm suspicious of how well such a model can make predictions across leagues.  I admittedly haven't studied it enough to say much about it though.
Do you have any favorite models? I'm trying to find models to look at for this upcoming draft.

For the OP's question
Out: Zeller, Mickey, Amir, Jerebko,
In: Zizic, Yabu, a player in trade*, vet with biggest exception we qualify for.

*I assume we will move Rozier, Avery and/or Crowder for a big

I could see our roster as something like this
1. IT/Fultz
2. Smart/Rozier
3. Crowder/Brown
4. Horford/big in trade
5. Olynyk/Zizic
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512

Isn't that only under the assumption that we'll have cap holds for Zizic, Yabu, and Nadar that we'll have to renounce Kelly to create max space?

I thought I read somewhere that if we write a letter to the league stating they will stay overseas for another year (which I thought I saw could happen), we won't have to worry about their cap holds this summer.  If we do that and say trade Jackson for example would that create enough cap room to not renounce Kelly, and still have max cap space?

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I like Dedmon on SA. He'll be a FA and I doubt the Spurs will be able to keep him.

Dedmon would be a fantastic low cost pickup (although I wonder how low cost with the season he's having for the Spurs).

But there is no way Stevens would ever play a defense first, shot blocker and rebounder, like Dedmon. Stevens is just too inflexible as a coach and beginning to hurt the team, and Ainge let's him get away with it, so I can't see Ainge signing a player Brad isn't going to play. In fact, Ainge is on record saying as much.

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
i'm actually really excited for Yabu and Zizic

Yabu is the player whom I think is Sully but in much better shape and hopefully better work ethic

Zizic is in my opinion hopefully somewhat resemble Valucuinus

if those two play anything close to those comparisons, then I think we are in good shape

If 2-3 years down the line (assuming Yabu and Zizic plays to their potential and have a year under their belt)

IT/Smart/Crowder/Horford/Zizic
Bradley/Brown/Yabu

now that is if we don't trade any of our players and they continue to improve year by year (with the exception of Horford because of his age), then i think we are in a very good spot

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
I think zeller amir Kelly jj and mickey are gone...  All of them...  So you have options...  I think we get a guy like stein papagiannis or okafor..  Zizic...  there will be some veterans in the market..  but the only one that will make us so much better is Griffin