Author Topic: Danny Ainge's leverage explained by a scene from a real mediocre movie  (Read 791 times)

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
If anyone's seen the movie 'The Gambler' I thought it was really mediocre, but this one scene always comes to mind, when I am thinking about why Ainge has made the moves hes made and since the 'we need a hungry GM thread' I havent been able to get it out of my head.

WARNING: scene is completely based around F-bombs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdfeXqHFmPI

No one can put Danny's balls in a vice. Hes in good position now and hes in good position for the future. He has max cap room, hes the most attractive destination with it, hes got a couple great prospects and picks and hes got a great team with a single player over 30 years old.

Danny Ainge is operating from a position of Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. you.

You want me to overpay for Butler? Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. you
You want me to mortgage the future for George? Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. you
You expect me to overpay for your little role-player? Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. you
You want me to take a chance on Cousins? no Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. you.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Offline mahcus smaht

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 4
best scene in the entire movie.