Author Topic: Bulpett: Danny is seemingly highly confident about draft/free agency this summer  (Read 8804 times)

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
I don't get the fascination for Drummond.
He's a really bad fit unless you decide to change the entire offense (in that case IT will be less efficient).
Also he's very slow to defend the pick n roll.
I don't get it.

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
He's a really bad fit unless you decide to change the entire offense (in that case IT will be less efficient).
I don't get it.
We are the worst rebounding team in the league. Rebounding is clear weakness and you dont understand the fascination with a 23 year old averaging 14 rebounds a game?
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
I don't get it.
We are the worst rebounding team in the league. Rebounding is clear weakness and you dont understand the fascination with a 23 year old averaging 14 rebounds a game?

Again, this is an obsession about rebounding.
I'll rephrase it then :
Let say Horford and Olynick/Amir rebound around 10 per game and we are an above average rebounding team, how Drummond make us really better ?

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
He's a really bad fit unless you decide to change the entire offense (in that case IT will be less efficient

I think this is an example of stereotypical and quite frankly shallow thinking.   We still need boards and we still set picks and could use rim protection.  I think someone could find a use for him.   Pop always found a use for Duncan and he won in the modern NBA.   Drummond is athletic and has footspeed to cover a lot of the schemes we would use on D.   Offensively is where he would hurt us but he could probably offensive rebound better than anyone we have had for a long time.   He is way better rebounder than Sully who played for us and did not stretch the floor because he shot so poorly and teams gave him that shot.

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
If we sign hayward and land Drummond without giving up IT, Smart, Brown or Horford, I'd say that puts us over Cleveland. With a full summer camp, I think we win the East. Plus, if we draft a guy like Fultz, we could potentially have the ROY as well.
- LilRip

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
He's a really bad fit unless you decide to change the entire offense (in that case IT will be less efficient

I think this is an example of stereotypical and quite frankly shallow thinking.   We still need boards and we still set picks and could use rim protection.  I think someone could find a use for him.   Pop always found a use for Duncan and he won in the modern NBA.   Drummond is athletic and has footspeed to cover a lot of the schemes we would use on D.   Offensively is where he would hurt us but he could probably offensive rebound better than anyone we have had for a long time.   He is way better rebounder than Sully who played for us and did not stretch the floor because he shot so poorly and teams gave him that shot.

I could argue the opposite same shallow thinking. How much you lose in defense and offense compare to what you gain in rebounds (2nd chance possessions) ?
Another question for you. How on earth you are listening trade offers for a 23 years old stud rebounder ?

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
You can't trade the 2018 nets pick lightly. It has the potential to be even better than nets 2017.

That's it, TP. If there is a HS stellar prospect or Doncic confirms himself as the new Petrovic, it can be the final piece for years. And it's cost-controlled, which will be a factor after 2018.

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
You can't trade the 2018 nets pick lightly. It has the potential to be even better than nets 2017.

That's it, TP. If there is a HS stellar prospect or Doncic confirms himself as the new Petrovic, it can be the final piece for years. And it's cost-controlled, which will be a factor after 2018.

TP right back at you.
It's amazing how some Celtics fans value so much other teams' #1 pick and yet throw our potential #1 like it's a #5 pick.
Wake up people. You have 2 chances of a cornerstone player (3 with Brown actually).
Not to mention that Smart is on the way to be a stud (oh yeah, people wanted to trade him like it's a borderline starter).

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
The difference why Bogut can work in our offense unlike Drummond is because Bogut can pass.

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
The difference why Bogut can work in our offense unlike Drummond is because Bogut can pass.

TP
I can sense you are watching basketball and not so much on the stat column of Drummond.

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I don't get it.
Ainge has a lot more information at his hands than was available a few years ago.  Yes the 14 rebounds per game jump out at you.  But why does Detroit rebound better when he's not playing?  Why do the Nets rebound better when their center who averages a pathetic 5 rebounds per game in on the court?  GM's are more wise to empty stats than ever. 

Not to mention the Pistons are a far worse defensive team overall when Drummond is on the court.

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
Lots of muscle. Good post pasing. Better rebounding and interior D. I want in on the Bogut.
Banner 18 please 😍

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I have to say I hope we just forget PG13. If this guy wants to bolt to LA then let him go. I consider him an enemy now. Why would we want to waste any effort into a guy that has 1 year left on his contract and won't extend unless it's Indiana or LA? Go to LaLa LOSERLAND where you belong.

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
If the plan is to go after Hayward and use the pick Fultz/Ball/Jackson I have no issue with that. Or at least trying to do that. It continues to add good talent to this team and would give the C's even better depth.

Maybe Ainge/Stevens knows something that we don't about summer FA.

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
This piece did seem awfully green-friendly. I hope he's right. Virtually every time I've questioned a move by DA, I've turned out to be wrong. I'd be crazy not to trust him.

I don't get it.

Like you, I don't understand the fascination with Drummond. No question, he can rebound. I can even deal with certain idiosyncrasies that come with his game. But here's what I don't get:

How on earth can you trade one of our greatest draft picks ever, as well as one to two core players, for a guy that you can't play in the last five minutes of a close game? Until this guy can learn to hit a free throw, or the free throw rules change, I'm ruling out the kind of package it would take to get him.

Mike