Author Topic: Suns plan to waive Sully and Mike Scott, any interest for c's?  (Read 6848 times)

Re: Suns plan to waive Sully and Mike Scott, any interest for c's?
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2017, 10:45:51 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Not at all unprecedented.  Danny did it with Antoine several years back.  He's going to give you more than Mickey and probably more than Zeller in situations where you'd have to use him.  So I say yes.

But I also wouldn't do cartwheels about him returning.  The guy was a no-show in the playoffs two seasons in a row.

What? He was less than stellar last year, but might have been our best player in the Cavs series with 12.3/7 on 55% shooting in only 20MPG. As a 4th big, he would be great, but I'm not sure it's a reunion either he or the Cs want to make.

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2017, 10:48:49 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 537
There were no best players in that Cavs series.  We got destroyed on the boards by Thompson and Mosgov.

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2017, 10:51:07 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I'd bring in Sully and Terrence Jones for workouts and sign one or both. Waive James Young and probably Jordan M.  Possibly Demetrious Jackson.

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2017, 10:55:15 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
I'd bring in Sully and Terrence Jones for workouts and sign one or both. Waive James Young and probably Jordan M.  Possibly Demetrious Jackson.
Mickey at this point is wasting a spot on the roster so he's no loss.  The advantage with Sully is you can plug him in offensively and he at least knows what to do.  You might also get a motivated guy since he hasn't played much the past few months and needs to showcase himself.  He was good last year for a decent part of the regular season.

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2017, 10:57:28 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
There were no best players in that Cavs series.  We got destroyed on the boards by Thompson and Mosgov.
12/7 on good efficiency in really limited minutes(he missed the whole stretch run with a back injury) is good.

Accept it.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2017, 10:59:15 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
I'm in to this. I've started the #BringSullyHome movement on Twitter for those of you who'd like to join in  8)

Also, cut Green if anyone. Often injured, don't give away any young players on rookie scale contracts who can be used as filler when we finally, maybe, make a trade, someday. 

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2017, 11:16:44 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
12/7 on good efficiency in really limited minutes(he missed the whole stretch run with a back injury) is good.

Accept it.
When your team is totally outclassed, you can throw all the numbers out the window.  It's like thinking a 20 pt a game scorer on the worst team in the league is actually a real 20 pt a game scorer.  Chances are he's not.

Going by the eye test Thompson/Mozgov's dominance on the boards gave them zero chance of competing.  Sully was one of the guys getting dominated.   On top of that they needed him to step up vs Atlanta last year and he was a no show the entire series. 

That's why he's no longer a member of the team - though I am advocating bringing him back if Bogut's not a possibility.  He has one skill that can help - against certain players  - if he feels like playing which I'm guessing (hoping) he will.  He also improved his defense quite a bit during the regular season last year so that likely wouldn't suffer by giving him minutes.

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2017, 11:26:09 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Accept it.
When your team is totally outclassed, you can throw all the numbers out the window.  It's like thinking a 20 pt a game scorer on the worst team in the league is actually a real 20 pt a game scorer.  Chances are he's not.

Going by the eye test Thompson/Mozgov's dominance on the boards gave them zero chance of competing.  Sully was one of the guys getting dominated.   On top of that they needed him to step up vs Atlanta last year and he was a no show the entire series. 

That's why he's no longer a member of the team - though I am advocating bringing him back if Bogut's not a possibility.  He has one skill that can help - against certain players  - if he feels like playing which I'm guessing (hoping) he will.  He also improved his defense quite a bit during the regular season last year so that likely wouldn't suffer by giving him minutes.

No, he's no longer a member of the team because the Celtics wanted to sign him to a deal like Tyler Zeller, whereas he wanted a straight, one-year deal so he could prove himself.  The Celtics could only keep one of the two after the Horford signing, and they went with the one who was open to a contract that could be traded.  (If Sully had signed the same deal with Boston that he did with Toronto, he would have been able to veto any trade.)  Now granted, if he'd played better maybe they would have been willing to go long-term with him, but don't fool yourself into thinking the Celtics had zero interest in retaining him.

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2017, 11:30:42 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I wonder what happened to him being the Raptor's version of Horford.

I wouldn't mind having him back, he's a solid player when healthy.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2017, 12:21:52 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
I'm in to this. I've started the #BringSullyHome movement on Twitter for those of you who'd like to join in  8)

Also, cut Green if anyone. Often injured, don't give away any young players on rookie scale contracts who can be used as filler when we finally, maybe, make a trade, someday.

TP for your enthusiasm and twitter campaign for Sully......and 10 more if we sign him for the rest of the year.

« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2017, 12:38:14 AM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
I wonder what happened to him being the Raptor's version of Horford.

I wouldn't mind having him back, he's a solid player when healthy.

He was hurt, and then really didn't play well when he came back.  I'm not sure why people are so interested in bringing him back.  Scott actually makes more sense, but neither is going to be more than depth in case of injuries.

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2017, 12:44:24 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
When we're getting killed on the boards and bleeding points in the playoffs, insert Sully.  If he's near-healthy, he'd be better than other options at times.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2017, 03:56:09 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I'm not sure why people are so interested in bringing him back.

I would bet Ainge is not interested.

When we're getting killed on the boards and bleeding points in the playoffs, insert Sully.  If he's near-healthy, he'd be better than other options at times.

He can board but he can't shoot and the trouble is he thinks he can.  31% from the field this year and .17% from downtown.  He was playing 10 MPG and yet he took 4 FGA and 2 threes in that time killing his team with those percentages.

http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/6624/jared-sullinger

I think that Ship has sailed folks.

Jones is better in most categories and he is not lazy and did not quit on us like Sully has in the past.

http://www.espn.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/6597/terrence-jones

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2017, 04:13:59 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
LOL @ anyone that wants Sullinger back
he is done in the NBA
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2017, 04:41:14 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
I don't mind bringing Sully back but I'd like to take a look at other options first. Bogut and Jones comes to mind.