Author Topic: I'm Glad The Bulls Got FLEECED..  (Read 2621 times)

I'm Glad The Bulls Got FLEECED..
« on: February 23, 2017, 09:27:15 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
All week we heard from Bulls fans how "the C's are overvaluing all their assets - those idiots" and "we should accept nothing short of 2 BKN Picks + Crowder + Brown + etc. for superstar Jimmy Butler".

Then they laugh at us for standing pat as if that was the worst idea ever imaginable.  ::)

Then they go out and give away Taj and McDermott for practically nothing  :laugh:

Lou Williams netted a first rounder, so did Bojan Bojdanovic and Serge Ibaka (expiring).

They didn't even get a first rounder from dealing Taj and even gave up a second rounder and McDermott in the process  :laugh:

Now they will falter the rest of this season,  and probably beg Ainge to trade the 2017 Nets Pick this summer for Butler. Well, too bad, their loss.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Re: I'm Glad The Bulls Got FLEECED..
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 09:35:01 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Hate the bulls. Hate their fans.

Glad their management is inept and peddles butler for trade at every opportunity. Glad Danny didnt give in to their outrageous demands.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 09:35:47 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
Payne is a good prospect that was overshadowed by Westbrook. rather decent trade

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2017, 09:37:31 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Payne is a good prospect that was overshadowed by Westbrook. rather decent trade

Maybe but I mean, the Bulls are going to have to start rebuilding soon.

Sure, Payne is a good prospect, but the Bulls didn't elect to get Payne + 1st rounder?

Or something similar? I'm just not sure what direction they are going in anymore.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2017, 09:51:29 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

Sure, Payne is a good prospect, but the Bulls didn't elect to get Payne + 1st rounder?

Or something similar? I'm just not sure what direction they are going in anymore.

Don't the Bulls run there offense through Butler, Williams, Rondo, Wade? Why do they need a point guard?

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2017, 09:53:07 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17

I do agree that their upper management us of the worst in the NBA, id only put the Kings, Orlando, and maybe the Suns ahead of them. They have no direction, and soon they will be a perennial 10th seed in the east.

But I wouldn't really put much value in Taj, he has an expiring contract, and likely would not have signed in Chicago again. And payne is probably better than Dougie McBuckets. At most id would have done Payne + a 2nd

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2017, 01:16:27 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
It's a trade that makes sense for them long term. However it's also a pretty decent indication that Wade and Rondo will be gone in the summer and Butler will be available again.

I think Danny was doing a lot of due diligence this deadline with the intention of getting serious of trade night or over the summer. He clearly has a plan in mind, I feel comfortable waiting for it to materialise

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2017, 02:18:34 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
According Woj, the Bulls wanted core players more than picks to "reload" instead of rebuild.
This is simply not possible for Danny and very stupid on their side.
Another proof that they have zero intention to really win titles, but instead just caring about tickets sale.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 02:37:12 AM by LGC88 »

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2017, 04:56:47 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
According Woj, the Bulls wanted core players more than picks to "reload" instead of rebuild.
This is simply not possible for Danny and very stupid on their side.
Another proof that they have zero intention to really win titles, but instead just caring about tickets sale.

I think this is something most fans fail to grasp, the business side of things. Not all teams are desperate for a championship. Some are just content on contending and earning revenues from it. This is why sometimes we can't understand why teams do what they do.

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2017, 06:34:47 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
All week we heard from Bulls fans how "the C's are overvaluing all their assets - those idiots" and "we should accept nothing short of 2 BKN Picks + Crowder + Brown + etc. for superstar Jimmy Butler".

Then they laugh at us for standing pat as if that was the worst idea ever imaginable.  ::)

Then they go out and give away Taj and McDermott for practically nothing  :laugh:

Lou Williams netted a first rounder, so did Bojan Bojdanovic and Serge Ibaka (expiring).

They didn't even get a first rounder from dealing Taj and even gave up a second rounder and McDermott in the process  :laugh:

Now they will falter the rest of this season,  and probably beg Ainge to trade the 2017 Nets Pick this summer for Butler. Well, too bad, their loss.

Have you seen payne play?

He is a good pg

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2017, 12:00:03 AM »

Offline OldSchoolDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79
It's a trade that makes sense for them long term. However it's also a pretty decent indication that Wade and Rondo will be gone in the summer and Butler will be available again.

I think Danny was doing a lot of due diligence this deadline with the intention of getting serious of trade night or over the summer. He clearly has a plan in mind, I feel comfortable waiting for it to materialise

Don't hold your breath waiting for a Butler trade.  If the C's really wanted him they'd have him.  Ainge isn't going to give up a top 2-3 pick for Butler.  The better the pick the less likely Ainge trades it.   If we drop to 4 in the lottery then yeah I can see him trading it but not if its 1 or 2.  The same goes for next year too.   You want to talk New Big three: think Brown; Fultz; and DeAndre Ayton.