Author Topic: Aldridge : brk 17 wasn't offered, Danny thinks he can get 2 stars this summer  (Read 5496 times)

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
is hayward really that good? I like the idea of butler because you can pair him with crowder and have defense/offense on the first unit.

but hayward just doesnt seem like too exciting of a player to me. maybe I just havent followed him much this season.
22.2/3.5/5.6 on 47/39/87 splits for a very good Utah Jazz team.

he's no superstar, but he is a very very good player.

plus he is 26.

Statistically hes a decent defender, but I dont trust defensive stats and I think he is pretty mediocre on that end.

He's gonna get a superstar offer from the Celtics, though.
Celtics fan for life.

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
Free Agency-

Plan A: Blake Griffin
Plan B: Gordon Hayward

Draft-

Plan A: Fultz
Plan B: Tatum

Offline OldSchoolDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79
I had suspected but now I firmly believe that Danny will not trade the Brooklyn picks.   We didn't trade them last draft when we were picking 3rd, so there is no way we give up the pick if its 1 or 2.  It's not going to happen.  Any trade someone can think of with the picks could have gone down today but it didn't.  I'd say instead of thinking up this trade or that trade, start looking into the 2018 draft.  There's a lot of really nice looking prospects in that draft and not just at the center position. I myself happily imagine realist lineups with the Brooklyn picks.  Its much less stressful then panning for trades that aren't coming. 

For example draft Fultz or Ball, sign a FA, keep the 2018 BKN pick.

PG: Fultz; SG: Brown; SF: Porter (2018); PF: Millsap (FA); C: Horford

PG: Fultz; SG: Brown; SF: Hayward (FA); PF: Horford C: Bamba (2018)

PG: Ball; SG: Doncic (2018); SF: Brown; PF: Griffin (FA); C: Horford

PG: Ball; SG: Brown; SF: Hayward (FA); PF: Horford; C: Ayton (2018)

None of these lineups mean we don't keep IT, just showing how interesting the team can realistically look without making any trades.

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
is hayward really that good? I like the idea of butler because you can pair him with crowder and have defense/offense on the first unit.

but hayward just doesnt seem like too exciting of a player to me. maybe I just havent followed him much this season.

plus he is 26.

Statistically hes a decent defender, but I dont trust defensive stats and I think he is pretty mediocre on that end.

A max contract is not a "superstar offer", it's market value.  If it were possible, superstars would get 50%+ of the cap
I'm bitter.

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Ive also read reports that '17 and '18 were on the table and that the picks were offered, but with unknown protections.

Unfortunately we will likely never know what was actually offered.

Not unlike draft night in 2015 and 2016, this deadline will always be a bit of a mystery as to what was actually on the table and what was not.

All the conflicting media reports on trade rumors is a classic example of "fake news."

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Free Agency-

Plan A: Blake Griffin
Plan B: Gordon Hayward

Draft-

Plan A: Fultz
Plan B: Tatum

Those are all great options, Ainge really did well to hold his ground today. The reported asking prices for George and Butler are absurd.

We still need a defensive big man though. Hopefully Zizic is ready.

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
I'll just say here, too, that I'm not upset about not getting Butler or George. They still have the Nets picks and FAs this summer. No problem. Good shape.

What I'm upset about is screwing their chances this year by not spending peanuts to get a rebounder.

For that alone, I give Danny an F --after saying it was the team's biggest need.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Still wondering where our size will come from though...

This^

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

This^

Zizic and Yabusele.

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

This^

Zizic and Yabusele.

Yabu is Jacked like a Steroid Football player. 6'8" 265 pounds of muscle with a 7'2" wingspan.

Zizic is a giant. 7 feet. With the same Wingspan, and an elite 9'3" standing reach. He's also up to about 255 pounds.

Two big dude's

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell

plus he is 26.

I remember your avatar, Ed Macauley, their center in the 50s. Nice offensive center. 18/8 guy.
Skinny. From St Louis. Red traded him to the St Louis Hawks in '57 for draft rights to Bill Russell. Russ couldn't shoot a [dang], but he was a monster rebounder and defender. 21 or so rebounds his first game. With Russell, the Celtics went from bridesmaids to champions.

The difference was rebounding and defense. Bill Russell, where are you?

Oh yeah, Hayward. Just another offensive kid to take touches away from IT.

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 150

This^

Zizic and Yabusele.

Yabu is Jacked like a Steroid Football player. 6'8" 265 pounds of muscle with a 7'2" wingspan.

Zizic is a giant. 7 feet. With the same Wingspan, and an elite 9'3" standing reach. He's also up to about 255 pounds.

Two big dude's

Yabu had trouble scoring and rebounding underneath in Summer League and his defense was virtually non-existent at times. Hopefully, his stint overseas has helped him in these areas. 

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 872
  • GOT IT!!!
What kind of offer could the C's throw at Hayward? I haven't looked at the numbers.

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
What kind of offer could the C's throw at Hayward? I haven't looked at the numbers.

4 year Max I reckon. We got the Money.

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

This^

Zizic and Yabusele.

Two big dude's

Yabu had trouble scoring and rebounding underneath in Summer League and his defense was virtually non-existent at times. Hopefully, his stint overseas has helped him in these areas.

I agree. I see Yabu as a PF that can score, rebound, pass, Take you off the dribble, and stretch the floor.

His defense is a total mystery.