Author Topic: Aldridge : brk 17 wasn't offered, Danny thinks he can get 2 stars this summer  (Read 5469 times)

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
He was just on TNT pregame show.

He said if danny offered brk 17 , George would likely been traded. Says Danny loves this draft and thinks he can get a franchise player, then sign another all-star.

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 864
  • GOT IT!!!
Sign Hayward and use the pick. That's the plan right?

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Sign Hayward and use the pick. That's the plan right?

Or pull a cle

Draft the top 4 (like Wiggins), but don't sign

Sign Hayward (Like lebron)

Trade brk 17 with ab and crowder for George or Butler(Like Love)

It
Hayward
George/Butler
Horford
Smart
Rosier
Jaylen
Yabu
Zicic
Brk 18(top 5)

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Ive also read reports that '17 and '18 were on the table and that the picks were offered, but with unknown protections.

Unfortunately we will likely never know what was actually offered.

Not unlike draft night in 2015 and 2016, this deadline will always be a bit of a mystery as to what was actually on the table and what was not.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
is hayward really that good? I like the idea of butler because you can pair him with crowder and have defense/offense on the first unit.

but hayward just doesnt seem like too exciting of a player to me. maybe I just havent followed him much this season.

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
is hayward really that good? I like the idea of butler because you can pair him with crowder and have defense/offense on the first unit.

but hayward just doesnt seem like too exciting of a player to me. maybe I just havent followed him much this season.
22.2/3.5/5.6 on 47/39/87 splits for a very good Utah Jazz team.

he's no superstar, but he is a very very good player.

plus he is 26.

Statistically hes a decent defender, but I dont trust defensive stats and I think he is pretty mediocre on that end.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2912
  • On To Banner 18!

Plus the Bulls apparently wanted a ton for Butler, including Crowder.

Meanwhile with this being the last year of having cap space before rookie deals and extensions come into play.. Ainge will sign someone, and I think Hayward is the 2nd or 3rd best FA available (because KD, Lowry, Curry will all stay put, and then it's Griffin/Hayward/Millsap - and I envision Griffin stays in LAC with CP3).
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Yep, signing Hayward and drafting a great player has been my best case scenario for the last few days. 

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359

plus he is 26.

Statistically hes a decent defender, but I dont trust defensive stats and I think he is pretty mediocre on that end.

wow, didnt realize his stats were that good. he could fill the need of another scorer. all while keeping our depth. another year of development for jaylen and a top 3 pick possibly to contribute

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2912
  • On To Banner 18!

plus he is 26.

wow, didnt realize his stats were that good. he could fill the need of another scorer. all while keeping our depth. another year of development for jaylen and a top 3 pick possibly to contribute

His stats were actually a lot better a few weeks ago but they dipped down a bit.

Still good, but I hope Utah starts losing a bit now if we want to convince Hayward to come here. Don't see him turning down more $$ and a winning Utah squad this summer.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline CelticSince83

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42

plus he is 26.

I would have to imagine his game will age a million times better than Butler also, who could very well be toast by age 30.   

Offline letsgoblue86

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 279
Still wondering where our size will come from though...

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 906
Where does Crowder go in all of this?

Mike

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Yep, signing Hayward and drafting a great player has been my best case scenario for the last few days.

This^

Somewhere along the line get big man help, doesn't have to be a star center, just a solid defensive, player that can rebound and battle in the paint.

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Where does Crowder go in all of this?

Mike

This notion that Hayward isn't able to play the 2, if it's indeed him, is not accurate. I would love to start Crowder and Hayward at the 3/2, which yes, means trading away Bradley.