Author Topic: Chances on Bogut Still? Will Danny Dip Into Waiver Well?  (Read 1492 times)

Chances on Bogut Still? Will Danny Dip Into Waiver Well?
« on: February 23, 2017, 08:06:00 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Do you figure Danny might at least dip into waiver wire well for anyone?  He seems to be madly in love with this team (I love them too, but would still love to at least have the option of having a guy who can grab some boards).

I'm assuming Bogut gets waived by Philly, but if not Bogut, anyone?  Not sure if a legit rebounder will be available besides him.
Yup

Re: Chances on Bogut Still? Will Danny Dip Into Waiver Well?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 08:06:51 PM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
Warriors might his best option.....

Bobby Marks: A loophole in the CBA could allow Golden State to sign Andrew Bogut (if he desires to return).
– via Twitter BobbyMarks42
Diggles

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 08:08:04 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
Terrence Jones isn't a great rebounder but I have to think he'd help.

Maybe take that flyer on Sanders?

Other than that if we don't get Bogut I'm not sure

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2017, 08:53:27 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
He should.

But he'll probably be like "I like the guys we have. Mickey and Young can easily carry the load for this team"

Meanwhile the current contenders get even more richer.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2017, 09:03:48 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I think Bogut winds up in Houston.  They cleared a lot of cap space today for these signings, and he is their number one target.

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2017, 09:06:17 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
DA just said he'll look into it, but unless it's a guy who could fit seamlessly into the system, it could actually do more harm than good. Like Finley wasn't great, but PJ Brown really worked out. It's just the lack of practices, and with only 25 games left everyone knows their roll, but when you bring some one new in, it throws that all off. It can look good on paper, but in reality it back fires more than works. 

I think Bogut would be the best bet, or a Sanders, but he doesn't really fit the system DA was talking about. Having a guy who can't hit an out side shot(not necessarily a 3) hurts the way they play. Probably the reason they didn't go after Noel.

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2017, 09:25:55 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
In retrospect, I had this trade deadline targets backwards.

What I mean by that is that I thought that we were testing the waters for big game and maybe getting a sense of how our assets are valued around the league. If we didn't get any "bargains" on the big game targets (and I was hoping we weren't giving up any of IT/Horford/Smart/Brown/Crowder, BK '17, BK'18), I was OK with keeping all the major assets and cap space.

I really thought that if we didn't bag any big game, that we would definitely get smaller pieces to help with the stretch run/playoffs.

Turns out that in retrospect I think that we would have only gone after the role players (Tucker, KOQ, Bogut, Okafor, Noel) IF we had gotten one of the big pieces. definitely the reverse of what I was thinking.

Stevens especially (and Ainge to a lesser extent) really thinks this team can do something with everyone healthy and doesn't want to disrupt its chemistry for role players.

Sadly. that's why I think no Bogut, TJones, MBarnes, LSanders, all whom I would like to have on the team.

My position is dump Mickey and Young and get 2 of these guys. If they get out of line, just cut them. Not going to happen.

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2017, 10:46:43 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
Can't imagine this will be a particularly popular idea, but Sullinger has been waived.  I wouldn't mind bringing him back as a short-term rebounding bandaid for the rest of the year if we miss out on Bogut.

Great words from a great man

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2017, 10:51:04 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I hope Danny does.

Bogut (if healthy) band aids our rebounding problems. It's not going to be a big risk in getting him, and he's not a character that could ruin what we have currently.

Claiming him takes him away from Cleveland as well. Might as well, just so the Cavs won't get him.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace