Author Topic: Terrence Jones (Merged)  (Read 11961 times)

Re: Terrence Jones (Merged)
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2017, 06:56:48 PM »

Offline CelticsFan166

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 133
Go ahead. Sign Jones. He's a Julius randle type player that could help us in the playoffs. He'd fit like a glove in Boston.

But I don't want Bogut's racist a$$ anywhere near our team. I've seen stuff on ESPN about how he follows some white nationalist twitter accounts and has tweeted some bad stuff. That'd really ruin the locker room and would send a bad message to the players from Danny. I feel like it's overlooked but this is IMHO really something to take into consideration.

« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2017, 07:53:00 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
So we getting jones or not?

« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2017, 07:58:27 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Go ahead. Sign Jones. He's a Julius randle type player that could help us in the playoffs. He'd fit like a glove in Boston.

But I don't want Bogut's racist a$$ anywhere near our team. I've seen stuff on ESPN about how he follows some white nationalist twitter accounts and has tweeted some bad stuff. That'd really ruin the locker room and would send a bad message to the players from Danny. I feel like it's overlooked but this is IMHO really something to take into consideration.

Have you researched this at all before labeling the guy a racist?

If he was a locker room problem, don't you think we'd have heard about it before now?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2017, 07:59:58 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269

Bogut seemed to vehemently deny that!!!

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18228970/andrew-bogut-dallas-mavericks-laughable-link-alt-right

This from the article:

"I'm a non-American that's here on a work visa that's [supposedly] pro-America. Does that add up to you?" Bogut said. "I love America. It's a great place. It's given me an opportunity to earn a [lot] of money to do something I love, but does it make sense that an immigrant on a work visa would be wanting to be pro-alt-right? That's what I'm asking. Do you think that alt-right would accept me here? That's my whole point with how stupid that this thing is.

Please try to be fair and reasonable and informed.

Smitty77

« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2017, 08:00:55 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

I mostly agree.  He's not someone I can cheer for.  On the other hand, one would assume that most of the NBA knows this, and yet LeBron (who takes public stances on social issues that would seemingly be at odds with Bogut's worldview) wants him on his team.  So I'm not sure if he's a Twitter idiot, an actual racist/conspiracy theorist, or if NBA players are generally good at compartmentalizing.

That said, this is the Terrence Jones thread, so why don't we focus on Jones' issues here.  Remember that time when he assaulted a sleeping homeless man?  Not so nice.

https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/sports/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/portland-police-arrest-houston-rocket-terrence-jones-allegedly-184044842.html

« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2017, 08:03:45 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Ainge will probably not get Jones and say "I like the progress of our front court and don't want to ruin it now" after seeing this front court get manhandled by a Toronto team that didn't even have Lowry and added Tucker/Ibaka  ::)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2017, 08:07:18 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Cavs hoping to have Deron Williams playing on Monday... so i guess timeline should be the same for Jones.

« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2017, 08:08:12 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

I mostly agree.  He's not someone I can cheer for.  On the other hand, one would assume that most of the NBA knows this, and yet LeBron (who takes public stances on social issues that would seemingly be at odds with Bogut's worldview) wants him on his team.  So I'm not sure if he's a Twitter idiot, an actual racist/conspiracy theorist, or if NBA players are generally good at compartmentalizing.

That said, this is the Terrence Jones thread, so why don't we focus on Jones' issues here.  Remember that time when he assaulted a sleeping homeless man?  Not so nice.

https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/sports/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/portland-police-arrest-houston-rocket-terrence-jones-allegedly-184044842.html

Wow.  There is literally ZERO and I mean ZERO proof that he is in any way, shape, or form racist, yet you agree???

Smitty77

« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2017, 08:11:04 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

That is certainly a despicable act that I seriously doubt he would have done as a SOBER 21-year-old.  Stories like this one is why I have chosen to not drink.

Smitty77

« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2017, 08:11:31 PM »

Offline CelticsFan166

• Al Horford

If he was a locker room problem, don't you think we'd have heard about it before now?
I've read online that many players around the league acknowledge him as a racist and I have checked his twitter and the accounts he follows and retweets. I'd just say someone who's not a racist would probably not follow some of those accounts and have a reputation in all likelihood, but after seeing how well this team works off of chemistry I would be hesitant to bring him in. Even if all of the claims I've read are false I still would be hesitant to bring in a guy involved in such a controversy, especially given Boston's history.

« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2017, 08:13:39 PM »

Offline CelticsFan166

• Al Horford
And as to the story with Terrence Jones... I had no idea. That's truly horrible and if true I wouldn't want him near the team either. We run off chemistry and someone like this may not be worth the risk. That's a horrible thing to do. .

« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2017, 08:13:43 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Wow.  There is literally ZERO and I mean ZERO proof that he is in any way, shape, or form racist, yet you agree???

Smitty77

I'm going to PM you because I don't want to get the thread off-topic.

« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2017, 08:14:08 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I've read online that many players around the league acknowledge him as a racist and I have checked his twitter and the accounts he follows and retweets. I'd just say someone who's not a racist would probably not follow some of those accounts and have a reputation in all likelihood, but after seeing how well this team works off of chemistry I would be hesitant to bring him in. Even if all of the claims I've read are false I still would be hesitant to bring in a guy involved in such a controversy, especially given Boston's history.

What did he retweet that you didn't like?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2017, 08:15:07 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

More from the ESPN article:

"On Twitter, I've been labeled as alt-right because I've had some tweets about politics. If you look back, I had some shots at Donald Trump in February. I made a joke about being in Oklahoma City the same time he was and saying I'm going to have my green card and passport with me at all times just in case. Then fast-forward seven months later -- I make jokes about Hillary and all of the sudden, it's like, 'He's pro-Donald Trump!' Do your research. Every narrative that fits on social media, you can push. That's why I'm not worried about it."

Bogut said he rejects some alt-right ideologies in part because he can relate to the struggles of minorities in America based on his experiences growing up as the son of Croatian-born parents in Australia.

"My family faced the same things that a lot of people here are," Bogut said. "They didn't speak English, worked in factories, were told to go back where they came from for 15, 20 years straight. I heard the same s--- in school because my last name wasn't a Jones or a Smith, which is a [common] Australian. But no one knows that. No one asks that."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18228970/andrew-bogut-dallas-mavericks-laughable-link-alt-right

Does this sound RACIST to you or anyone else on this board?

Smitty77

« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2017, 11:26:48 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

Did you read the ESPN article about this?  What do you know about Boston's history?  Did you know that we were the FIRST NBA team to have an African-American player?  Did you know that the Boston Celtics were the first team in the NBA to start an all African-American starting line-up?  Did you know that when Bill Russell was playing for us, many hotels refused to allow him to stay at their hotel, so the ENTIRE team refused to stay there in support of Bill??  Red NEVER EVER saw color, only basketball talent in regard to winning team basketball!!!

Please fill me in on the HISTORY that you are referring to!!

Smitty77