Author Topic: Terrence Jones (Merged)  (Read 11964 times)

Re: Terrence Jones (Merged)
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2017, 05:35:11 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Bogut already one a title riding the bench for GSW in the playoffs. I would figure he would prefer to be a key contributor for a contender like the Celtics that need his skills rather than ride the bench again for GSW or the Lebrons.

You know what's better than 1 ring? 2 rings.

Celtics aren't a contender. A playoff team, yes. 2nd round fodder, definitely. The fact that we'd need Bogut to be a "key contributor" for us to be a contender pretty much confirms that.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2017, 05:39:31 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Terrence has CLEARED waivers:-)))

Marc Stein: Marcus Thornton and Terrence Jones have also cleared waivers and are now free agents, according to league sources
– via Twitter ESPNSteinLine

Smitty77

« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2017, 05:41:55 PM »

Offline rayallen_35_24

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 6
hey,we are just as good as Toronto or better? so they added to the roster...you telling me we can't add bogut? to help us? what if we get lucky and go far? we just as good as some teams that added to themselves? we just didn't do anything stupid to mess up our future.

« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2017, 05:42:59 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
He has now cleared waivers.

Marc Stein‏ @ESPNSteinLine

Marcus Thornton and Terrence Jones have also cleared waivers and are now free agents, according to league sources
5:05 PM · Feb 25, 2017

So we didnt want him then? I guess I dont understand the point of not putting in a claim when the salary hit is as tiny as his.

His agent could have made it known that he didn't want to be claimed. It's not worth angering an agent over a marginal player.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2017, 05:46:01 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
hey,we are just as good as Toronto or better? so they added to the roster...you telling me we can't add bogut? to help us? what if we get lucky and go far? we just as good as some teams that added to themselves? we just didn't do anything stupid to mess up our future.

You go ray allen!!!!  If we end up with Jones and Bogut, I would put that up against Toronto picking up an OVER RATED PJ Tucker who only shot 41.5% with the Suns this year and was only a 10.6 PER.  Ibaka was a nice pick up.  But, they had to give up stuff to get both.

We might get Bogut and Jones for nothing other than waiving two scrubs.

Smitty77

« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2017, 05:48:34 PM »

Offline Dannys Chipotle Guy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 48
I would certainly add Terrence Jones or Andrew Bogut, but who do you cut?

Young has helped lately, the locker room seems to really like Gerald Green.

So is Ainge willing to cut Jordan Mickey? They seemed to really like him last year.

« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2017, 05:51:21 PM »

Offline Dannys Chipotle Guy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 48

You go ray allen!!!!  If we end up with Jones and Bogut, I would put that up against Toronto picking up an OVER RATED PJ Tucker who only shot 41.5% with the Suns this year and was only a 10.6 PER.  Ibaka was a nice pick up.  But, they had to give up stuff to get both.

Smitty77
Who do you cut though?

Mickey and Jackson?

« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2017, 06:00:49 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Smitty77
Who do you cut though?

Mickey and Jackson?

Mickey. Jackson is owed guaranteed money.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2017, 06:01:00 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126

Smitty77
Who do you cut though?

Mickey and Jackson?

You cut Green who has been constantly hurt and on a 1 year vet min contract. You don't cut rookies who can be used as filler on trades this summer.

« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2017, 06:14:58 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
He has now cleared waivers.

Marc Stein‏ @ESPNSteinLine

Marcus Thornton and Terrence Jones have also cleared waivers and are now free agents, according to league sources
5:05 PM · Feb 25, 2017

So we didnt want him then? I guess I dont understand the point of not putting in a claim when the salary hit is as tiny as his.

His agent could have made it known that he didn't want to be claimed. It's not worth angering an agent over a marginal player.

I honestly didnt even think of that, good looks Roy.
#JKJB

« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2017, 06:21:42 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

Smitty77
Who do you cut though?

Mickey and Jackson?

What would we owe Jax?  I am pretty sure it is NOT much. 

Smitty77

« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2017, 06:27:20 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Smitty77
Who do you cut though?

Mickey and Jackson?

Smitty77

$650k. It's not a ton, but to get max cap space, having dead money on our cap would hurt.

« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2017, 06:28:47 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Smitty77
Who do you cut though?

Mickey and Jackson?

Smitty77

He is owed about $1.4M next year (with a $650,000) guarantee. It may not sound like a lot, but a million or so dollars could be the difference between signing Hayward to the full max (which he will certainly seek). If we waive him, that is lost money, but keeping him at least allows us to make a trade using his contract to clear that money.

Mickey is the obvious choice with Young not too far behind. Green is a veteran who can be instant offense - he also chose us because he loved Boston. It would seem kind-of mean to cut him now when he has been a good teammate.

« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2017, 06:49:46 PM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
You can vote about the player the Celtics should waive in this thread  ;) :

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=89586.15

Currently, the users have it very clear.

« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2017, 06:52:22 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Smitty77
Who do you cut though?

Mickey and Jackson?

Smitty77

He is owed about $1.4M next year (with a $650,000) guarantee. It may not sound like a lot, but a million or so dollars could be the difference between signing Hayward to the full max (which he will certainly seek). If we waive him, that is lost money, but keeping him at least allows us to make a trade using his contract to clear that money.

Mickey is the obvious choice with Young not too far behind. Green is a veteran who can be instant offense - he also chose us because he loved Boston. It would seem kind-of mean to cut him now when he has been a good teammate.

It would also unnecessarily anger his agent, and we should never underestimate the power that agents have.