Author Topic: Terrence Jones (Merged)  (Read 12061 times)

Re: Terrence Jones (Merged)
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2017, 11:22:25 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Not going to get excited about an "intrest" tweet because they probably asked him if he has intrest if they want him and he just said "why not?!" 👀
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2017, 11:29:10 AM »

Offline littleteapot

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 93
Not going to get excited about an "intrest" tweet because they probably asked him if he has intrest if they want him and he just said "why not?!" 👀
BREAKING: Guy who got fired from McDonalds expressed interest in Burger King.
How do you feel about websites where people with similar interests share their opinions?
I'm forum!

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2017, 11:49:26 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
If he's available you gotta get him he will bring some toughness down low. I'm so sick of seeing other teams bully us on the boards and in the paint. Jones is hard nosed and tough we'll need him against the Thompsons, Ibakas etc

How soon can we make a move for him when would it happen, anybody know?
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2017, 12:09:36 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
If he's available you gotta get him he will bring some toughness down low. I'm so sick of seeing other teams bully us on the boards and in the paint. Jones is hard nosed and tough we'll need him against the Thompsons, Ibakas etc

How soon can we make a move for him when would it happen, anybody know?

After he is officially waived, teams have 48 hours to submit a waiver claim on him. Since his salary is very low, it makes sense a team will submit a claim.

Say a couple teams submit claims, the team with the worst record gets priority on the claim. (Note: If it occurs before a point in December, the previous year's record is used. That is irrelevant here though.)

IF he clears the 48 hours without a single team taking a flier on him, then he is a UFA.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_salary_cap#Waivers
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 01:16:46 PM by A Future of Stevens »
#JKJB

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2017, 05:23:29 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
New Jersey would be foolish not to give him a shot. He will have minutes and they have money for next year.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2017, 05:08:22 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
He has now cleared waivers.

Marc Stein‏ @ESPNSteinLine

Marcus Thornton and Terrence Jones have also cleared waivers and are now free agents, according to league sources
5:05 PM · Feb 25, 2017

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2017, 05:11:30 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

Marcus Thornton and Terrence Jones have also cleared waivers and are now free agents, according to league sources
The cavs killer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhMzP1H1ACU

Get him danny. He can work in this offense

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2017, 05:11:56 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486

So we didnt want him then? I guess I dont understand the point of not putting in a claim when the salary hit is as tiny as his.
#JKJB

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2017, 05:15:11 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
BREAKING: Guy who got fired from McDonalds expressed interest in Burger King.

Wendy's comes out as a dark horse and signs said guy

jokes aside, I would absolutely LOVE Jones. I'd slide him into the starting lineup right away as well. He is a hustle guy, and you know Boston LOVES hustle guys

Defense isn't too bad, and pretty nice defense, a lot more mobile than Amir. I'd sign him in a heart beat

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2017, 05:22:48 PM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 76
Guys any move that would even make a hint of sense won't happen. It's better to be completely and utterly indecisive on what your next move you will make. Improve rebounding isn't in Ainge's vocabulary

« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2017, 05:24:46 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
I think we are waiting on Bogut, and if we miss out on him then we will look at guys like Terrence Jones as plan B or Sullinger as plan F.

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2017, 05:27:34 PM »

Offline rayallen_35_24

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 6
Bogut opportunity?

Philadelphia general manager Bryan Colangelo indicated to reporters yesterday that he will probably buy out Andrew Bogut’s contract soon, giving the 32-year-old center a chance to sign with the Celtics.

Though he reportedly has interest from his former Golden State team as well as Cleveland, the C’s are expected to make a strong push. Bogut would help them in two of their weakest areas — rebounding and rim protection.

The deadline for players to be on a team’s roster and eligible for the playoffs is Wednesday. At that point, the Celtics expect to have just enough space under the cap to sign Bogut to a minimum-type deal.

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2017, 05:28:36 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I think we are waiting on Bogut, and if we miss out on him then we will look at guys like Terrence Jones as plan B or Sullinger as plan F.

I hope we're not delusional enough to think we'll get Bogut.
1.) He hasn't even completed his buyout and guys like Terrence Jones will likely be signed to a new team before Bogut clears waivers.
2.) Cavs, Spurs (better chance of winning), and Rockets (most money) are all interested and have a better chance at him.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2017, 05:30:14 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
Bogut already won a title riding the bench for GSW in the playoffs. I would figure he would prefer to be a key contributor for a contender like the Celtics that need his skills rather than ride the bench again for GSW or the Lebrons.

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2017, 05:34:46 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

I hope we're not delusional enough to think we'll get Bogut.
1.) He hasn't even completed his buyout and guys like Terrence Jones will likely be signed to a new team before Bogut clears waivers.
2.) Cavs, Spurs (better chance of winning), and Rockets (most money) are all interested and have a better chance at him.

1) He reportedly will complete his buyout in time to qualify for the playoffs on a new team.

2) He would be a backup on the Cavs, Spurs and Rockets. He would start on the Celtics on a team that sorely needs his skill set and he would help make that team a contender. He would also love playing for CBS.

3) If the Celtics are waiting on him, you would think they already have some indication from his agent about where he wants to go.