Author Topic: Terrence Jones (Merged)  (Read 12071 times)

Terrence Jones (Merged)
« on: February 23, 2017, 07:24:28 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
Terrence Jones was bought out. I think he could fill a need for us. I can't say I know how good he is on the boards with no research.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-trade-deadline-pelicans-will-reportedly-waive-terrence-jones/

Re: Terrence Jones bought out
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 07:30:30 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Please get him!! Nice bench guy..oh wait we got Young, zeller and 14 picks..nevermind
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 07:32:32 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Please get him!! Nice bench guy..oh wait we got Young, zeller and 14 picks..nevermind

The problem is if he wants min...

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2017, 07:47:28 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
His Dreb% is between 15-20% for his entire career. Granted this was playing with AD, so it might actually get better.

For comparison Amir is around 16-18 % for his time with us.

It wouldnt be the worst pickup in the world.

I am starting to view him as a younger amir, which would fit this team pretty well.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 07:54:41 PM by A Future of Stevens »
#JKJB

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2017, 07:48:48 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
It will be interesting to see if he even clears waivers.  As a minimum salary player, any team can claim him.

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2017, 07:55:55 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
His Dreb% is between 15-20% for his entire career. Granted this was playing with AD, so it might actually get better.

I am starting to view him as a younger amir, which would fit this team pretty well.

I think he had a 30 point game against the Cavs last month when AD was out and the pelicans beat the Cavs?

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2017, 07:59:21 PM »

• Jim Loscutoff
How long does it take to clear waivers/an announcement to come out about who claimed him? I have read 24-48 hours, but I dont know how accurate that is.
#JKJB

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2017, 08:00:42 PM »

• Jim Loscutoff

I think he had a 30 point game against the Cavs last month when AD was out and the pelicans beat the Cavs?

And yea he did. Part of the cavs slide.it was a once in a lifetime game for him. He didnt miss until late in the game.
#JKJB

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2017, 08:01:05 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
ive wanted him for a while. Felt he fit in here pretty well, but weve had chances to get him in the past and passed, so I doubt we pursue him.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Terrence Jones Interested In Boston..
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2017, 10:43:47 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2953
  • On To Banner 18!
https://twitter.com/AdamMKaufman/status/835128641185013760

If you're wondering, yes, Terrence Jones would be great FA addition for #Celtics. 25 yo PF. Averaging 15.8 PPG, 8.6 RPG per 36 MIN in career

https://twitter.com/SeanGrandePBP/status/834935098420170752

Since no one else wants to use a 👀on this, I will.

Numbers vs. Boston per 48 minutes?

28 points, 13.3 rebounds, 3.1 blocks.

Thought this deserved a new thread.

Danny, if you get Terrence Jones to help us out in the playoffs, I will forgive you for casting my doubts on you for not even making a minor move yesterday  :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Re: Terrence Jones Interested In Boston..
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2017, 10:58:52 AM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
Why is he a free agent?   Anybody know about his career?  I remember him at Kentucky.

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2017, 11:02:18 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
Why is he a free agent?   Anybody know about his career?  I remember him at Kentucky.

He got non-tendered by Houston last summer.  He signed in New Orleans for one year to get himself some more exposure for his next contract, and to play next to AD like at Kentucky.  He's had a few good games this year mixed in with a lot of minimum-salary play.

New Orleans is releasing him as a good-will gesture since he'd be stuck on the bench with the acquisition of Cousins.

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2017, 11:10:02 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
When will he be released?

How much can Boston pay him...do we need to drop or waive an end of the bench guy to nab him?

Im hoping we can get him...man he gave us fits everytime we face him as an opponent...he can be very useful against Thompson of Cleveland.

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2017, 11:10:12 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

He got non-tendered by Houston last summer.  He signed in New Orleans for one year to get himself some more exposure for his next contract, and to play next to AD like at Kentucky.  He's had a few good games this year mixed in with a lot of minimum-salary play.

New Orleans is releasing him as a good-will gesture since he'd be stuck on the bench with the acquisition of Cousins.

I believe there's also some bugs under the covers that aren't public. Supposedly Jones has had his troubles off the court. I understand the driving force is playing time, but I have a feeling there's no real love lost there either.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2017, 11:12:45 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
When will he be released?

How much can Boston pay him...do we need to drop or waive an end of the bench guy to nab him?

Im hoping we can get him...man he gave us fits everytime we face him as an opponent...he can be very useful against Thompson of Cleveland.

He's been released.  Boston can simply claim him off of waivers if no one with a higher waiver priority claims him first, taking over his minimum salary contract.  If they want to go to free agency instead, they can pay him up to $2 million instead by using the room exception, but that seems foolish given that he's owed about $300k for his minimum contract instead.