Author Topic: Paul George upset with Indy management  (Read 6439 times)

Paul George upset with Indy management
« on: February 23, 2017, 07:06:17 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
"Want me to be your guy here, thought I would be more in the loop"

https://mobile.twitter.com/ClarkWade34/status/834891184548036608?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Doesn't sound like he is very happy. This trade definitely gets going again around the draft IMO

Re: Paul George upset with Indy management
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 07:08:33 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2912
  • On To Banner 18!
Well I mean, the Pacers didn't even help PG13 if they weren't trading him.

They were reportedly shopping their first round pick to get him help.

They didn't. Pretty much the same team and likely continuing to be a 6-8 seed in the East.

Also if the pick lands 1-2 this summer, I'm not trading it for an expiring, not even straight up. He has to agree to a long term commitment before, which I doubt because he LOVES the Lakers.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 07:10:55 PM »

Offline Trifecta

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • #18 at any cost.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ClarkWade34/status/834891184548036608?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Doesn't sound like he is very happy. This trade definitely gets going again around the draft IMO

He'll be way cheaper on draft day. Glad we didn't give in to LB's crazy asking price today.
KO and Zeller, aka Hopeless and Helpless aka the Twin Towers of Futility.

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2017, 07:18:19 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

all this guy does is whine and complain?

just be quiet and play... getting paid millions

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2017, 07:19:47 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951

He'll be way cheaper on draft day. Glad we didn't give in to LB's crazy asking price today.

Lord LB wanted half our team .  George would be leaving one stripped team to join another..

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2017, 07:26:22 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

Yeah, no. Not when his camp is saying he'll only "sign with either Indiana or Los Angeles Lakers".

Pass.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2017, 07:35:41 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 864
  • GOT IT!!!
First I've heard of Paul George wanting to be a Laker today. If true, don't care for him.

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2017, 07:43:37 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
First I've heard of Paul George wanting to be a Laker today. If true, don't care for him.

Oh, I think this is one of the main reasons that DA didn't pull the trigger. Why spend all your assets (Nets pick, Brown, Bradley/Smart/Crowder) for a 1.5 year rental who is going to bolt for LA as a FA?
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2017, 07:48:29 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

But who would want to trade for him at that point? He'd be a one year rental before bolting for LA the following summer. I mean, people would trade for him, but not give up much. I could see Cs doing a Celtics 2018 1st round pick + Kelly O S&T to Indy for him, but that's it.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2017, 07:48:31 PM »

Offline RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 104
Has this desire to sign with the Lakers always been a thing with him?  First I've ever of it but people are acting like it's.close to a sure thing all of a sudden

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2017, 07:54:08 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Has this desire to sign with the Lakers always been a thing with him?  First I've ever of it but people are acting like it's.close to a sure thing all of a sudden
yeah, I think its BS.

I remember when Demar Derozan was a lock to go to LA, then he didnt even hit Free Agency.

Russell Westbrook was another guy who it was supposed to be just a matter of time before he signed there and then he extended his contract in OKC(albeit only for a year).

I do believe that George is interested in LA and theyll have cap room etc. but unless they can put together a promising team by the time he hits FA he wont go there.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2017, 07:55:11 PM »

Offline Mean Gerald Green

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 212
  • Cool Runnings

Yes, he's been pretty open about his Laker love. That's why I have zero interest in trading for him, even though he's phenomenal and I'd love to see him in green.

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2017, 08:14:33 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 864
  • GOT IT!!!
yeah, I think its BS.

I remember when Demar Derozan was a lock to go to LA, then he didnt even hit Free Agency.

Russell Westbrook was another guy who it was supposed to be just a matter of time before he signed there and then he extended his contract in OKC(albeit only for a year).

I do believe that George is interested in LA and theyll have cap room etc. but unless they can put together a promising team by the time he hits FA he wont go there.

Don't forget Love lol if you can put a good team around him you could probably keep him. That doesn't mean he wouldn't test FA though. Still a pretty big risk. His value will be much lower in the summer now though because Indiana isn't going to get any better. He's playing somewhere else soon regardless. Bird will take some heat on this one.

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2017, 08:41:52 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
Stephen A. Smith been acting like every Star in the league is gonna end up on the Lakers, now that MAGIC is there-!
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2017, 08:43:16 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
Bradley, Crowder and a non-BKN pick are going to look pretty good to Indiana in the offseason. I highly doubt he leaves to LA after a year playing with this lineup:

IT / Ball
Hayward / Smart
George / Brown
Horford / Yabusele
Zizic / FA

That team has 4 All-Star level veterans, 3 young top-6 picks, 2 more young bigs and a top coach and top fan base, AND high picks the next 2 years. We'd absolutely be a contender. LA will be lucky to win 30 games.