Author Topic: Paul George upset with Indy management  (Read 6482 times)

Re: Paul George upset with Indy management
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2017, 07:57:04 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I was hoping the Lakers traded Randle, Russell, and Ingram for PG13.
Would've been fun seeing them be stuck in mediocrity for years to come.

I agree. Screw PG13 and screw the Lakers!

« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2017, 08:14:03 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
We have too many assets, GMs are completely out of their mind. Who get a top 3 pick in return for their star in trades (let alone with good prospect or core player added) ? That's right nobody. Love was a closest one (1st + Young) but it was pushed by Lebron behind. Minny got all the leverage. At that time, if the cavs would have gotten more picks, they would have been fleeced completely.

Who will make an offer for PG ?
- Denver "monster offer with Jokic off the table". I'm curious of what look like a monster offer without good pick and Jokic. Makes me laugh...
- Phoenix might be able to make a decent offer (but they won't part with Booker). So it's only picks.
- LA certainly can't make an offer since they will get him for free in 2018 (plus they don't have a 1st till 2011 and Ingram is "untouchable").
- The only team that can make a good offer is Philly. And I'm 100% sure PG said "NO" to resign there.

So here it is folks. Indiana will get a pu pu plater offer in june for PG (if any).
I don't see any good exit for Bird now.

What do I miss?
You cant [dang] Bird without knowing what was really on the table, but I have a hard time believing hell ever get a better offer than what he got today.

next time he can trade George, George will be an expiring.

He has to hope LA keeps their pick and is willing to trade it.

We knew that the BKN pick was likely on the table along with AB. Throw in some 2nds and contracts to make the deal work and that will probably be looking pretty good this summer.

« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2017, 10:30:22 AM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
I can't help but think there was a little "big brother/little brother" dynamic here that hurt Ainge.

Larry is so competitive, and you know he probably felt he had a mental edge on Danny as the star/mentor from back in their playing days. I bet he tried to exploit that, and Danny was patient enough to back out.

Usually we think the "Boston connection" facilitates deals, but it could have gone the other way in this case.

Can't blame either one of them either. They're both good GMs. Most deals happen between good GMs and bad GMs.