Author Topic: Paul George upset with Indy management  (Read 6446 times)

Re: Paul George upset with Indy management
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2017, 08:53:39 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
I think this deadline sealed the deal with George leaving. Not only was he dangled, but they couldn't upgrade players around him. I think he's ultimately dealt at the draft now, or shortly after. Stikl don't know if it will be to us, though, because Danny certainly seems stuck in this Brooklyn pick.

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2017, 08:55:30 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Stephen A. Smith been acting like every Star in the league is gonna end up on the Lakers, now that MAGIC is there-!

SAS sounds like a Lakers fan these days..  ::)

I mean seriously, Magic deals Lou for a first round pick (which could have been done before Magic came in anyways), and now suddenly he's a godly front office presence and will lure Lebron and others  ::)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2017, 08:57:00 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
I think this deadline sealed the deal with George leaving. Not only was he dangled, but they couldn't upgrade players around him. I think he's ultimately dealt at the draft now, or shortly after. Stikl don't know if it will be to us, though, because Danny certainly seems stuck in this Brooklyn pick.

You kidding.

Hell no to PG13 unless he agrees to a long term commitment.

I'm with Danny here. Trade for PG13, then watch him bolt for LAL 1-2 seasons later?  :o

I'd consider Butler this summer again BUT Chicago better not be asking for a ton more after that 2017 BKN Pick (like no 2017 BKN + Brown + Crowder + more nonsense), but if it lands #1 I'm hesitant to trade it for him.

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2017, 09:03:48 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
First I've heard of Paul George wanting to be a Laker today. If true, don't care for him.

Oh, I think this is one of the main reasons that DA didn't pull the trigger. Why spend all your assets (Nets pick, Brown, Bradley/Smart/Crowder) for a 1.5 year rental who is going to bolt for LA as a FA?

I DONT CARE if he signed here for 20 years and then signed his kids for the next 20 he is not worth more than the Nets pick much more Brown/Bradley/Smart/Crowder. WTH is Larry smoking?

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2017, 09:03:59 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2017/2/23/14704166/paul-george-trade-rumors-pacers-failed-larry-bird

Pretty enlightening article about how the Pacers have failed George. It's hard to see him not being traded in the summer at this point, unless the Pacers seriously pick things up.

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2017, 09:04:58 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2017/2/23/14704166/paul-george-trade-rumors-pacers-failed-larry-bird

Pretty enlightening article about how the Pacers have failed George. It's hard to see him not being traded in the summer at this point, unless the Pacers seriously pick things up.

He's going to have to pull a Vlade Divac (which is exactly what Bird didn't want to happen).

Besides LAL, who will make a good offer for an EXPIRING PG13?

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2017, 09:12:27 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
He's not expiring, for the record. Signed through 2017-18.

But anyway he sounds dissatisfied and I'm 100% convinced that he will be worth less than the BKN pick - even at #3 or #4 - on draft day. So we lose 30 games of his services for whatever else we were offering today, above and beyond the pick.

Big deal.

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2017, 09:14:49 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

But anyway he sounds dissatisfied and I'm 100% convinced that he will be worth less than the BKN pick - even at #3 or #4 - on draft day. So we lose 30 games of his services for whatever else we were offering today, above and beyond the pick.

Big deal.

He has a player option AFTER next season.

Highly doubt he opts-in.

So you'll give up a BKN pick for only 1 guaranteed year of PG13?

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2017, 09:16:47 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

Big deal.

Highly doubt he opts-in.

No sure. I'm just saying the deal will be better. Would depend on where we land.

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2017, 09:18:15 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

Big deal.

Highly doubt he opts-in.

No sure. I'm just saying the deal will be better. Would depend on where we land.

I'm just not willing to blow assets on PG13 only to have him bolt to the Lakers "for free" afterwards  :(

« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2017, 02:16:17 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Let him rot with the freaking Fakers...Jaylen Brown will be his daddy in 2 yrs. Hehehe

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2017, 02:40:54 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Has this desire to sign with the Lakers always been a thing with him?  First I've ever of it but people are acting like it's.close to a sure thing all of a sudden
yeah, I think its BS.

I remember when Demar Derozan was a lock to go to LA, then he didnt even hit Free Agency.

Russell Westbrook was another guy who it was supposed to be just a matter of time before he signed there and then he extended his contract in OKC(albeit only for a year).

I do believe that George is interested in LA and theyll have cap room etc. but unless they can put together a promising team by the time he hits FA he wont go there.

Don't forget Love lol if you can put a good team around him you could probably keep him. That doesn't mean he wouldn't test FA though. Still a pretty big risk. His value will be much lower in the summer now though because Indiana isn't going to get any better. He's playing somewhere else soon regardless. Bird will take some heat on this one.

Don't forget LaMarcus Aldridge too.

Dang, everybody wants to go to the Lakers lolol

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2017, 02:42:05 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
I was hoping the Lakers traded Randle, Russell, and Ingram for PG13.
Would've been fun seeing them be stuck in mediocrity for years to come.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2017, 03:02:37 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
We have too many assets, GMs are completely out of their mind. Who get a top 3 pick in return for their star in trades (let alone with good prospect or core player added) ? That's right nobody. Love was a closest one (1st + Young) but it was pushed by Lebron behind. Minny got all the leverage. At that time, if the cavs would have gotten more picks, they would have been fleeced completely.

Who will make an offer for PG ?
- Denver "monster offer with Jokic off the table". I'm curious of what look like a monster offer without good pick and Jokic. Makes me laugh...
- Phoenix might be able to make a decent offer (but they won't part with Booker). So it's only picks.
- LA certainly can't make an offer since they will get him for free in 2018 (plus they don't have a 1st till 2011 and Ingram is "untouchable").
- The only team that can make a good offer is Philly. And I'm 100% sure PG said "NO" to resign there.

So here it is folks. Indiana will get a pu pu plater offer in june for PG (if any).
I don't see any good exit for Bird now.

What do I miss?

« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2017, 04:08:41 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
We have too many assets, GMs are completely out of their mind. Who get a top 3 pick in return for their star in trades (let alone with good prospect or core player added) ? That's right nobody. Love was a closest one (1st + Young) but it was pushed by Lebron behind. Minny got all the leverage. At that time, if the cavs would have gotten more picks, they would have been fleeced completely.

Who will make an offer for PG ?
- Denver "monster offer with Jokic off the table". I'm curious of what look like a monster offer without good pick and Jokic. Makes me laugh...
- Phoenix might be able to make a decent offer (but they won't part with Booker). So it's only picks.
- LA certainly can't make an offer since they will get him for free in 2018 (plus they don't have a 1st till 2011 and Ingram is "untouchable").
- The only team that can make a good offer is Philly. And I'm 100% sure PG said "NO" to resign there.

So here it is folks. Indiana will get a pu pu plater offer in june for PG (if any).
I don't see any good exit for Bird now.

What do I miss?
You cant [dang] Bird without knowing what was really on the table, but I have a hard time believing hell ever get a better offer than what he got today.

next time he can trade George, George will be an expiring.

He has to hope LA keeps their pick and is willing to trade it.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.