Author Topic: Deron Williams waived; likely headed to Cleveland or Utah  (Read 3020 times)

Re: Deron Williams waived; likely headed to Cleveland or Utah
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2017, 05:46:44 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Shams Charania: Deron Williams will sign with the Cleveland Cavaliers on Monday, league sources tell @The Vertical. – via Twitter ShamsCharania

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2017, 05:49:22 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
Shams Charania: Deron Williams will sign with the Cleveland Cavaliers on Monday, league sources tell @The Vertical. – via Twitter ShamsCharania
The rich get richer.
But then again, he always seems to be injured.

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2017, 06:02:46 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
Did anyone not see this coming?  If not Deron, than someone like Rondo.

If you had to guess at the start of the season that some quality vet PG would get bought out and sign with Cavs, what would you put the odds of that happening at?  Personally, I thought it was pretty good, which made LeBron's complaining for help a month ago seem out of touch.  Why complain about help in January when you know there's going to be better options who will want to sign with you available at the end of February?

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2017, 06:08:12 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
The rich get richer.

i think with the Cavs, he won't be as injured imo, he will not be utilized the same way as in Dallas or the Nets. His usage rate will be a lot lower so hopefully helps

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2017, 06:24:10 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
The rich get richer.

i think with the Cavs, he won't be as injured imo, he will not be utilized the same way as in Dallas or the Nets. His usage rate will be a lot lower so hopefully helps
True, hopefully he stays healthy. On one side I don't want to see the Cavs get better, but I support anything it takes to take down the GSW Sissies

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2017, 09:28:03 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Latest news is he has cleared waivers and said he will be signing with the Cavs.

Williams negotiated his release from the Dallas Mavericks on Thursday after he wasn't dealt at this week's trade deadline. Williams, who cannot sign with the Cavs until Monday, will sign for the rest of the season for the veteran's minimum, sources told ESPN, which will cost the Cavaliers $900,000 in salary and luxury tax.